Status: Hope you like it, comment and give me feedback!

In the Dark

Mourning

I had seconds to compose myself and we went to the room where everyone is meeting. I entered the room and everyone got silent, waiting for my directions. I took a deep breath and began to speak.

"My valued guests and family, a tragedy has just struck our kingdom and I would recommend that you all stay in this room until we get this settled. I will have blood and food brought in to the room. You must now excuse me while I make some calls, and get my father taken care of." I sounded regal, and strong but inside I feel like someone ripped my insides out. I lost my father... another father. I smiled and walked out of the room, my husband following me.

"What do you need me to do?" He grabbed my hand and walked with me to the crime scene.

"I need you to be here with me." I turned and walked into the room. He looked peaceful. He was in his chair, everything in place, except for the hole in his chest where his heart once was. I turned to my husband in horror. He wrapped his arms around me and rocked me back and forth until I had stopped sobbing.

"Shhh, you don't have to do this, we can have someone else do this." He tried.

"No, I have to. I need to help him cross over." I walked to my father and began the process. I asked Cole to help me lower my father to the ground. I slid his eyes closed and began mourning. I began the first song.

~Cole~

The mourning wails were heart breaking. The pain and sorrow could eat you from inside. She began the songs of death for a vampire. I sang them for her parents when I killed them. She doesn't know this because she was knocked out. The moaning chant is the worst part, it feels like the song is ripping your soul out with the dead's. I can feel the pain rolling off of her. I hear a sobbing from the hallway. I could sense the Queen. I would see if she was alright but i'm not going to leave Lilly here alone. Finally after two hours it was over. The whole house was pin drop silent, no one dared to make noise. Lilly got up and silently walked past me. She went into the hall and past the spectators, she went back into the room that everyone was gathered in, everyone following. She solemnly stood there until everyone shuffled back in.

"My father is dead. The king is dead. And until his killer is flushed out, we are on a lock down. There will be some calls, and we will get to the bottom of this. Till then, please remain calm, and make yourself at home." She stepped down and walked to me, taking my hand and leading us out of the room. Towards our bedroom. She took her hand out of mine and slipped into bed. I slipped in behind her and wrapped her into my arms, she snuggled into me and sighed. Will the problems never end?
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while.... Who do you think did it?

Love and Other Lies,

Tiffany Murray