Status: Hope you like it, comment and give me feedback!

In the Dark

Come Again

"He'll be fine" The old nurse said, I found out her name was Nancy... yea.

"I really don't care" I said, ok I cared a little but not enough to like actually care. UGH, I hate him.

"ok" She smiled, she put her hand on his forehead and a light exploded from her palm, his eyes snapped open and he looked confused.

"What the-" He said, he then looked at Nancy and scowled. "Thanks for the heavenly intervention.. now if you don't mind I have a life to live" He said standing up.

"Actually you just signed that away to protect her" She said thrusting her finger towards me.

"oh yea..." He said rolling his eyes.

"ok wait. How did you do that?" I asked still trying to follow what was going on... and failing, miserably.

"I used the grace of god, he was meant to be healed to watch out for you...." She smiled, I felt at peace.

"I know but... wait, why would a vampire use the grace of god?" I asked her bewildered.

"uhhhhh" Cole said obviously about to say something mean.

"I'm not a vampire silly" She smiled

"then what are you? an angel?" I chuckled, they both just stared at me.

"yes." She said losing her smile a bit.

"Come again?" I said my eyes getting large.

"you didn't think that vampires were the only supernatural thing out there did you?" Cole asked his eyebrows coming up in a mocking manner.

"I don't know I haven't really been anywhere except when my father took me to a cow auction.... I thought they were gonna maul us" I replied remembering back to that day.

"KILL HER!" They yelled, my father just gripped my hand tighter and walked forward.

"Monster" I heard all around me. I'm just a little girl why are they so mean?

"Face of a little girl, heart of a demon." An old lady said waving her hands in front of my face.

"Daddy i'm scared" I whispered, he just looked down at me and smiled.

"I know, i'm sorry, i'll make sure we leave fast, you don't have to come with me ever again." He said, he tightened his grip for reassurance.

"Monsters!" I heard from behind me, something sloppy hit me and I turned around angry. I could feel my fangs start to extend, my father calmly bent down and whispered into my ear

"But you are my little monster ma belle" He said kissing my cheek. I took a deep breath, turned back around and proceeded to the auction, we bought one cow, I was thirsty but dad said we had to wait till we got home. But I wanted it then, so bad. But I knew if I did it we would be killed. I just had to wait.


"Lilly?!?" I heard behind me. I snapped out of my daze and looked over at a worried angel and vampire.

"Sorry" I said around my fangs, I quickly retracted them and smiled.

"What were you thinking about?" Nancy asked putting her hand on my arm, it started to smoke and she pulled it away looking at me confused.

"Nothing" I said shaking my head and trying to keep my tears at bay. It's not like human tears where you can cover them up, they are black and thick.. it takes either some serious make-up or a day or two to get rid of them. Since I have been crying since yesterday I had to use extra makeup.

"You sizzled. it was something that made you angry, it hurt." She said compassion and concern in her eyes.

"i'm fine" I said a little harsh. I saw her flinch.

"I think you need to leave, your anger is hurting me." She said looking away.

"i'm sorry" I replied heading toward the door, Cole following.

"Thank you Nancy" He said warmly.

"No problem Child" She smiled, she looked at me with something in her eyes... it almost looked like guilt or sorrow... what does she know?
♠ ♠ ♠
So... Thank you for the subscriptions... i'm soooooo excited for this story and thank you for the comments, they really make me want to bust out a chapter for you guys :)