Status: Brand new story. let me know what you think.

Welcome to the Family

Close Contact

**Maddie’s PoV**
I could hear my parents talking in the lounge room as I came down the stairs, but it was hearing that scene freaks name that made me stop at the bottom and listen. “Are you sure that Scout is yours Matt?” I heard my mom ask my dad. “She just looks so much like Sammi did at her age, except the eyes, her eyes are all Aimee’s. If you saw her, you’d see it too.” Dad replied making me frown. “so…. What are you going to do? Jimmy seems keen to keep her with him” mom asked, I crept closer to the door. Dad sighed. “I really don’t know Val. I want to get to know her, but Jimmy doesn’t want me near her.” Dad told mom. I stuck my head around the doorframe “Jimmy doesn’t want you near who?” I asked, already knowing the answer. “Your half-sister Scout, your father didn’t know she existed until today” Mom told me. “I know her. She just started at my school. She has a bit of an attitude problem.” I replied, hoping dad didn’t want her to move in with us, my friends would never let me hear the end of it. “It’s kind of understandable, considering how she’s grown up. Her mom moves around a lot and she has trouble fitting in. not to mention the parade of boyfriends her mom has had. She’s not lucky enough to have a solid home like you do Maddie.” My mom told me, damn it, she knows just how to make me feel bad. “And as for seeing her, I was around at Leana’s this afternoon when she got up. I saw it too.” My mom added, looking at Dad. “Saw what?” I asked, confused. “She looks like your Aunt Sammi did at your age” Mom told me, looking back at me. I nodded, looking away. “I’m meeting Liam and we’re going to the beach. I don’t know what time I’ll be home” I told mom, as I turned towards the door. “Maddie, I’m sorry, I know this is probably a lot to take in.” Dad told me. “It’s ok Dad.” I replied as I walked towards the door, not even sure how I felt about this.

**Scouts PoV**
I sat on the beach, Kai and Miki on either side of me as we watch the boys try to start the fire. A few feet away from us sat Maddi and her best friend Tamara. Maddy had been staring at me since she got here; both her and Tamara were following their Boyfriends, which much to my disgust, were friends with Oli and Jake. ‘Why’s she watching you?” Kai asked me, “Did you do something?” Miki added with a grin. I shrugged “your guess is as good as mine, but her dad was at my place today, and he looked at me in a similar way” I told them. Miki shook her head. “How can someone so cool have a hell spawn bitch for a daughter” She asked me. I shrugged again, giggling as Jake jumped back swearing as the bonfire suddenly burst into flames. “Still got your eyebrows?” I called out to him, fighting back giggles as he lifted his hand to check. I looked at Kai “How do you deal with oli touring?” I asked her, she shrugged “You just get on with it. That’s the down side of dating a musician” she told me, climbing to her feet as Oli approached. “Can you grab the stereo from the car? Theres a cd case with it” Oli asked Kai, who nodded, taking the keys he handed her. “I’ll come too” I told her, kai nodded with a smile and pulled me to my feet.

I followed her up the path, thinking over what she’d said, I was so deep in thought that I jumped when someone spoke from behind me. “Hey Kai.” I turned to look at a really attractive Blonde guy. “hey Levi, How’s going?” Kai said with a smile. “I’m good. Who’s your friend?” Levi asked, flashing me a gorgeous smile. “This is Scout, she’s dating Jake” Kai replied, taking my hand and pulling me over to the car. I watched as the smile dropped from Levi’s face “Oh” was all he said, and he said it in a dull, flat tone. That made me frown in confusion. “Did Liam invite you?” Kai asked, Levi nodded with an uneasy smile. What the fuck was his problem? I took the stereo and cd case as Kai handed them to me. I was juggling the stereo and cd case while Kai locked the car again, when Jake approached. “Hey Scout, you got a minute babe?” He asked me, I smiled and nodded, handing the stereo and cd case to Kai. Jake watched her walk down the path with Levi before grabbing me by my upper arms and slamming me into Oli’s car. “What did you say to him, Huh?” Jake demanded, looking enraged. “N..n.. nothing” I stuttered, stumbling over my words in shock and fear. “well, you better keep it that way, you belong to me” he told me, before letting me go and walking away. I watched him walk away before sliding down the side of the car and letting a small sob escape my lips.

**Maddi’s PoV**
I watched Jake slam Scout into the side of a car and pin her to it as he towered over her. I could tell she was terrified, even from a distance. I watched quietly as he let her go and stormed off, his face relaxing into an easy smile that made girls fall at his feet. I tried to shake the feeling that I should have stepped in and done something, I mean, she technically was my little sister, even if we had different moms. After a few moments I watched as she climbed to her feet and wiped away the tears before walking back down to the beach. I followed after a few moments, surprised to see Jas and Lenny sitting with Scout. Scout smiled at something Lenora said before turning back to gaze at Jake, she looked as if she were searching for a trace of the side she’d just seen. I was willing to bet she probably thought she might have imagined it. With a shake of my head and went and sat next to Tamara. “What’s wrong?” Tam asked me, I sighed “I just watched Jake slam Scout into the side of a car” I replied. “And?” She asked me. “and what?” I asked her, staring at her in confusion. “And, isn’t she your little sister. Didn’t you do something?” Tamara asked me, looking a little confsed, I shook my head “I don’t know what to do with that. I don’t think she even knows” I replied, turning my gaze back to Scout. Smiling and waving back when Jasmine waved at me.

“So, your just gonna let that little thug get away with that?” Tamara asked me, her eyes fixed on Jake. I sighed again “What am I supposed to do Tam? Is it really my place to do something?” I asked, Tamara met my eyes. “If it was my little sister he was beating on, I’d destroy him” she told me. “I only found out today that she’s my sister, why should I suddenly be her protector?” I asked, Tam just shrugged and went back to watching the guys muck around on the other side of the fire. “Do you wanna go back to mine later? Mom and dad were having a get together tonight” I told her. “Invite Scout back to yours as well. Don’t let her go home with him” I looked over at Scout then nodded. I climbed back to my feet and walked over to scout, Jasmine and Lenora. “You guys going back to mine tonight?” I asked the three of them. Scout glared at me. “Only if your offering a ride” Jas told me. I nodded “Yeah. I drove here and Liam is going home with Levi” “ok. We’d love a ride” Lenny told me with a grin. I nodded “Scout?” I asked her, glancing over at Jake before looking back at her. She looked at the twins before nodding slowly. “Cool. I let you guys know when we’re leaving” I replied brightly and walked away. Tamara looked up at me as I apoproached “So?” she asked, I nodded getting a smile in return.

**Scouts PoV**
Why the fuck was Maddi inviting me? I knew that Jimmy and Leana were going to the thing at Maddi’s parents place but as far as I knew, she didn’t know that I was living with them, Did she? I was kinda dreading telling Jake I wasn’t going home with him tonight after his…… reaction earlier. I still wasn’t sure what the fuck that was. I’d never seen him fly off the handle like that before. To be honest, it scared the shit out of me. He wasn’t the jealous type, was he?