Status: Brand new story. let me know what you think.

Welcome to the Family

Storm In A Tea Cup

I watched apprehensively as Jake walked over to me. “Did I hear Maddi right? Your going over her house tonight?” Jake asked, he sounded confused, though how he thought I’d go stay at his tonight after what had happened earlier. “Yeah. Unkie Jimmy and Aunty Lana are at her place. On account of Maddi’s dad and my uncle being in the same band.” I replied with a shrug. “Maddi offered me and Lenny and Jas a ride.” I added. Jake nodded “Ok. I’ll see you tomorrow then” he told me, giving my forehead a kiss. I had to fight the urge to pull away, but I didn’t want to make him mad.

**Maddis PoV**
Scout was almost silent the whole way back to my house, and every time I glanced in the rear view, she looked deep in thought as she stared out the window. She only spoke when we got to my place. “Where’s the bathroom?” She asked me, rubbing her arm. I noticed what looked like bruises had started to form on her arms. “C’mon, I’ll show you” I told her heading for the stairs. Scout followed me silently, nodding in thanks when I stopped and pushed the bathroom door open. I waled into my room and scooped up a black knitted thigh length cardigan that Aunty Lacey had bought me a while ago, and went back to wait for Scout. When she came out of the bathroom, I held it out to her. “Here. It’ll hide the bruises so Jimmy and Lana and my parents don’t ask question” Scout looked at me in surprise. “Why are you being nice?” She asked me, I shrugged “I kind have to be.” I told her as she took the cardigan. “Why do you have to be? Did your parents tell you to be?” She asked as she pulled it on. “No…. I’m guessing you don’t know then” I said, she frowned “Know what?” she asked.
Glancing at the stairs, I took her hand and pulled her into my room and shut the door. “We need to talk” I told her, gesturing to my bed. She sat down on the edge, eyeing me suspiciously “I found out something today, that sorta makes me have to be nice” I told her, she frowned “What?” she asked, looking confused. I took a deep breath before sitting down next to her “I found out that…. That you and I are sisters. In fact I’m kind of your…. Big sister” I told her, watching her reaction. Scout Jaw dropped “No… No way. Are you sure?” She asked, looking stunned. I nodded. “Mom and Dad are positive, but Jimmy doesn’t want dad going near you. He thinks you don’t need another disappointment of a parent in your life” I watched her as I spoke. She just sat there staring at the floor, both hands over her mouth. We both jumped as there was a knock at the door. “Who is it?” I called out. “Just me” Tam said with a laugh as she stuck her head around the door frame. “You ok scout?” she asked, Scout nodded silently as she climbed to her feet and walked to the door. “Are you sure, I mean, could they be mistaken?” she asked, turning back to look at me as she reached the door. “They seem pretty certain” I told. She nodded and brushed past Tam, heading for the stairs. “You told her?” Tamara asked me, I nodded, “She didn’t take it well” Tam said, looking in the direction Scout had gone. I shrugged “Better than I would have. I mean, the person she hates the most just told her she was her sister” I told Tamara. Tam just nodded and we followed Scout down the stairs

**Scouts PoV**
I found my way into the kitchen where Leana was mixing herself a drink “Hey Aunty Lana. Can I talk to you?” I asked as I walked up to her. She smiled and turned to look at me. “Sure, whats up honey” She asked, leaning back against the counter. “Well…..” I trailed off as Maddi and Tamara walked past heading outside. “Um….. Is…. Is M Shadows my dad?” I asked, looking at her as her Jaw dropped. She glanced in the direction of the door. “Who told you?” She asked turning back to look at me, she sounded kinda stunned. “Maddi started being nice to me that she’s my sister and that would mean we have the same dad. Was she lying?” I asked, Leana shook her head. “Matt didn’t know about you til today” She told me. “And Neither did Maddi. She overheard us talking this afternoon. Im sorry Leana. We didn’t know she’d tell Scout” Val said as she walked inside and came and stood with us. “You ok Scout?” Leana asked me, I nodded “So it’s true then?” I asked, looking from Val to Leana. They nodded “Matt cheated on me with your mom when I was six months pregnant with Maddi. It was only once but she obviously got pregnant. When your mom came to mat asking him to choose between me and her, Matt chose me. We didn’t see your mom after that so we didn’t know you existed until you moved in with Jimmy and Leana” Val told me. I sighed. “Yep, that sounds exactly like my whore bitch mother” I replied. Leaning back against the kitchen Island. Val and Leana watched me as I processed what I’d been told. I saw Jimmy standing in the doorway watching as well. “Unkie Jimmy….. would you be mad if I wanted to get to know him?” I asked, Jimmy looked down at his feet for a long moment before looking back up at me “No. if it’s what you want then…. I’m fine with it” he told me. I smiled and walked over to him and gave him a hug. “You’ll always be more of a dad to me anyways” I told him. Jimmy hugged me back. “I know” he muttered into my hair.

When I got up the next morning I was dismayed to see the massive black bruises on my upper arms. As I stared at them in the mirror, I tried to figure out how to hide them. I still couldn’t believe how Jake had flipped out on me. I’d never seen him like that. ‘you’ve only known him for a week and a half’ the little voice in my head told me smugly. With a shake of my head, I climbed into the shower, knowing I’d have to hide them from Lenora and Jasmine today. Why’d I have to agree to a shopping trip with them and Maddi today? As the hot water hit my back, I felt my muscles relax. This thing with Jake, it had to be a once off. He and Levi must have history, I mean, the way Levi had reacted when Kai told him I was dating Jake, yeah…. That had to be it. With a sigh, I turned the shower off and wrapped myself in a towel before heading back into my bedroom. Going over to my wardrobe, I pulled out my long sleeved skeleton dress , then looking at the shoes that littered the floor of my wardrobe, I selected a pair of Bright red Doc martins. I decided to pair them with my ripped tights. Once id grabbed the tights, I shut myself back into my Bathroom, to do my make-up and get dressed.

I’d just finished getting ready when there was a knock on my bathroom, “Hey Scout, you done yet?” Lenny’’s voice asked. I laughed as I pulled the door open. “Yeah, I’m done” I told her. “Sweet, lets go” She told me brightly. I glanced at Maddi and Jasmine, who were sitting on my bed “How many coffee’s has she had I asked. “she had three at home and then another one at Aunty Val’s” Jasmine Grumbled. “No more coffee for Lenny” I replied looking at her. “Well, I need another one, just to be able to put up with Her” Maddi said, I nodded in agreement. “What ever” Lenora replied before flouncing from the room, making the three of us laugh. “No, seriously Lenny, No more” I called after her as I followed the others down the hall.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys. i'd love to know peoples thoughts on this story, it seems to be the only one i'm able to write for at the moment. anyways, i hope you enjoy it - Purdy Girl

Scout's Outfit
Maddi's Outfit
Jasmine's Outfit
Lenora's Outfit