Status: Brand new story. let me know what you think.

Welcome to the Family

What i wish i never had

--A few weeks later--
**Leana’s PoV**
I walked into scout’s room, surprised to find her bed empty, a quick glance at her bathroom told me she wasn’t in there either. I walked out into the hall, about to call out to Jimmy, when I heard a clatter from my bathroom, “Scout honey, you in here?” I asked as I walked into mine and Jimmy’s room, the bathroom door was slightly open, through the crack I saw an empty pill bottle and the tips of what looked like flame red hair. “Scout, Are you ok sweetie?” I asked, pushing the door open. My eyes swept the bathroom floor, taking in the empty pill bottles around an unconscious Scout “JIMMY” I screamed dropping to my knees next to Scout “CALL AN AMBULANCE”. “Scout Baby, open your eyes for me” I begged, giving her a shake as I heard Jimmy running down the hall. I looked over my shoulder at Jimmy as he pulled out his mobile and dialled the emergency service number. “Hi, I need an ambulance at my home. My Niece has just tried to kill herself………” I heard Jimmy say, but whatever he said after that was lost on me as I turned back to scout. Something wasn’t right. I frowned as I noticed what looked like a bruise one her hip, It was barely visible beneath the hem of her shirt, pushing her shirt up a bit more I gasped in horror at what I saw. Scouts ribs were mottled blue, black and yellow, there was barely an inch of skin on her stomach and ribs that wasn’t bruised. Pushing up the sleeves of her long sleeved shirt, I felt my eyes burn with tears at the sight of the bruises that mottled her lower arm. They looked like finger prints. “Who the fuck did that to her?” I asked Jimmy in a choked whisper as he dropped to his knees next to me . he stared in shock at the bruises that covered scouts frail body and just shook his head.

I was sitting with Jimmy in the waiting area when Matt, Val and Maddi came running up to us. “What did the doctors say?” Matt asked Jimmy as he stood up. Jimmy just shook his head and couldn’t speak. “Lana?” Val asked me, looking scared. “They pumped her stomach, but they aren’t sure if they got to her in time. And……” I felt my voice break as Jimmy wrapped me in his arms. “She’s covered in Bruises. When they did scans, she had three fractured ribs and a little internal bleeding. We don’t know where they came from. If…… If we’d known, we might have been able to prevent this” Jimmy told them. I glanced at Maddi as she shifted uncomfortably. Val Looked down at her daughter. “Do you know something Maddi?” She asked. We all looked at her as she nodded. “It was her Boyfriend” Maddi whispered. “WHAT” Jimmy yelled. “He’s been flying into Jealous rages when he see’s guys talking to her and he hits her. Then five minutes later he’s all loving again. I thought that Liam warning him off would work but it didn’t. Is she going to die?” Maddi asked, breaking down in tears. I stepped forward and pulled her into a hug. “No. She’s tough. She’ll wake up.” I told her. “Why didn’t you tell us?” Matt asked her. “Scout told me not to” Maddi replied, looking up at her parents. “I tried to scare him off. I would have told you soon, I swear” she told her Dad. “It’s ok honey. We understand. Scouts quite independent” I told her. She smiled sadly. “I should go call Miki.” Maddi said, pulling away from me. “I didn’t think you two got on?” Val asked her. We didn’t but our worry over Scout sorta bought us together” Maddi replied, pulling her phone from her pocket. I watched her walk away wondering what was going on.

“Mrs Sullivan?” a voice asked, I turned to look at the doctor who had spoken. “Yes?” I asked. “Hi, I’m Dr Laura James. I’ve been treating your Niece. I need to ask you a few questions.” Laura told me. “Sure. Fire away” I replied, glancing at Jimmy. “Um, maybe we could do this somewhere private.” She said, Her eyes passing over the others. “Fine, let’s take this somewhere private” Val said. “Well…” Laura stared to say. “This affects my half daughter. She lives with her aunt and uncle cos she is getting to know her dad. But I get the feeling your about to accuse Jimmy of hurting her” Val told the woman coldly. “We know exactly who did this to her” Matt added. “Look, they are basic questions. In cases like this, it’s usually a family member” Laura replied, “Well, in this case it isn’t.” I told the woman. “Was Scout sexually active?” Laura asked me. I shook my head. “No, she’s only been seeing this one guy for a couple of months. Why do you ask” I asked her. “It looks like scout might have been…….We did a rape kit” Laura told us. “Jake has been pushing for scout to sleep with him.” Maddi piped up from behind Matt. “What else has Scout told you” Val asked her. “Just that Jake gets really mad when she tells him no. that’s when he hurts her the most. Miki said she called her last night in tears. He must have done something to her” Maddi told us. “how long has this Jake been hurting her for?” Laura asked Maddi. “Um…. About Three to four weeks. Why?” Maddi asked with a frown. “The police will need to talk to you then” Laura said. “WHAT” Matt yelled. “In cases where it appears a minor has been raped and is suffering physical trauma, It’s procedure to call the cops” Laura told Matt. “She’ll be happy to talk to the police” Val replied, giving Matt a look. “Can I see Scout?” Maddi asked. Laura nodded gesturing to the doorway nearby. “She’s still Asleep, but she should wake up soon” Laura told her with a smile.

**Scout’s PoV**
I could smell disinfectant. I could also hear Miki and Maddi talking softly. “I still can’t believe she tried to kill herself” I heard Miki say, and I felt someone, brush a strand of hair away from my face. “They think she was raped Miki” Maddi replied, I heard someone shift on a plastic seat and sight. “I’m going to kill that fucking…. Fuck” Miki replied, I could hear the burning Rage in her voice. “Not a good idea to say something like that in front of the police” Maddi told her. I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was Miki sitting on the edge of my bed, in what appeared to be a hospital room. “Fuck” I croaked. God my throat hurt. “Oh My God, She’s awake” Miki whispered. I met her eyes. “What were you thinking??” Maddi Demanded, jumping to her feet next to my bed. “I was thinking id succeed” I rasped, why the fuck did my throat hurt. “Well, you didn’t. Leana found you just after you passed out, and they pumped your stomach” Maddi told me, angrily as tears started to fall. “We thought you weren’t going to wake up” Miki added. I stayed silent, taking in their worried faces “Did Jake Rape you?” Miki asked after a long pause. I looked away from them, feeling my eyes sting as I remembered last night. Jake had pinned me down and held a knife to my throat, telling me he was done waiting. I was his and he was gonna take what was his. I’d cried and begged him to stop, telling him no, but he hadn’t stopped, not til he was done. “Scouty?” Miki asked. I sobbed and nodded, my tears starting to fall. Miki walked around to the side I was facing and climbed up onto the bed, she curled up next to me and pulled me close, just letting me cry. I felt Maddi climb up behind me and wrap an arm around me. “It’s ok. Jimmy and Dad are having the police press charges. He’ll pay for what he did” Maddi whispered into my hair.

**Leana’s PoV**
I sat in silence as the Lady Detective asked Scout question after question, my horror growing at what my sweet little Scouty had been suffering through these past few weeks. Maddi sat beside her on the bed, her arm around her little sister as Scout tearful explained what had happened last night. I couldn’t believe she hadn’t come to one of us. From what Maddi had said when she was interviewed, it sounded like she had seen Jake’s first attack on Scout and after seeing more bruises appear, had forced Scout to tell her more. “Ok, Scout, we have enough to press charges against Mister Mora. Your Father and Uncle want us to, but it is up to you” The detective said to her. Scout looked At Maddi, who nodded encouragingly at her. Scout then nodded as she looked back at the detective. “Ok. I’ll be in touch sweetheart” She said, giving Scouts hand a pat before she left, the guy she had with her falling into step with her as she left the room. “I’m sorry Auntie Lana” Scout told me, her eyes welling with tears. “Oh Honey, it’s ok. This isn’t your fault” I told her, getting to my feet and rushing over to her. I pulled her into a hug “Me and Jimmy understand.” I told her as she started to cry. Maddi just silently rubbed her back. After a while Scout pulled away from me. “You’re not mad that I didn’t tell you?” She asked. Before I could speak, jimmy’s voice answered for me “Of course not” He told her, coming into the room with a giant bunch of balloons trailing him. I had to smile, they were all batman ones. When scout noticed, she gave a weak smile. Maybe our little girl would be ok.
♠ ♠ ♠
so, i'd love to know peoples opinions on this chapter. - purdygirl

Scouts outfit
Maddi's outfit
Miki's Outfit