Status: Brand new story. let me know what you think.

Welcome to the Family

Bye Aussie chick

I had to fight to keep my jaw from dropping as Jake pulled into the driveway of a massive house. “So, do you think a house like this makes me a snob?” Jake asked me as I climbed off the back of the bike. I shook my head and started to fight to undo the helmet strap. “My Dad’s a fairly successful session musician. Music kinda runs in the family” Jake told me, helping to undo the helmets straps and lifting it gently off my head. “Why’s Chris here?” Jake said suddenly, looking at the shiny black car in the driveway. “Who’s Chris?” I asked, letting Jake take my hand and lead me towards his house. “My big brother. He’s the drummer of black veil brides” Jake said, “Oh, you mean CC” I said, before clapping my free hand to my mouth, Jake grinned. “You a fan?” He asked me, I shrugged, “Well, yeah, kind of” I replied, biting my lip. “Did you know he was my brother?” He asked me, stopping on the porch steps. I shook my head “No, not until last night when Miki told me, but I can wait out here if it makes you feel better” I told him, getting a smile. “My mom would kill me if I made you wait out here” Jake told me, dragging me up the steps and into the house.

I couldn’t stop my jaw from dropping in amazement at the sight of not only CC, but also Ashley and Jake Pitts sitting at the kitchen table, drinking coffee. “New friend Jake?” CC asked, giving me a smile, Ashley stared at me for a long moment “You’re the Aussie chick from the other day.” He said when he did speak, Jake P and CC stared at me “She is too.” Jake Pitts agreed. I gave an embarrassed smile as I nodded. “Don’t scare her off, I like this one” Jake told them, stepping in front of me, as if he were trying to protect me. “Sorry. I didn’t mean to make you feel uncomfortable” CC told me, I shrugged “It’s ok.” I muttered, feeling my cheeks burn as I dropped my eyes to the floor. “So, have you decided who you’re bringing to the album launch party?” Ash asked Jake. He shrugged. “Not yet.” Jake replied before adding “Though I think Oli is bringing Kai”. Jake pits laughed “That’s assuming they are in one of their on periods” He said, making Jake and CC laugh. “Their on periods?” I asked, frowning. “Yeah, Oli and Kai fight, break-up, then a few days later they kiss and make up. It’s happened, what? Six times this year” he asked Jake, who nodded “They’re an on and off couple, to the extreme in some cases” Jake added, looking down at me. “Awesome” I muttered, rolling my eyes. That sounded exactly the kind of relationship my Kai would be in.

“C’mon, I’m gonna grab my other helmet, then we’ll go do something,” Jake said to me, slipping an arm around my waist and leading me in the direction of the stairs. “Bye Aussie chick” Ash and CC called after me. I giggled as I followed Jake upstairs. “It takes some getting used to” Jake told me. I nodded as I followed him down the hall, thinking back to when I met them, Kai had seemed like she hadn’t known them, but they all clearly knew her. I made a mental note to ask her about that later. “Earth to Scout” Jake said waving a hand in front of my face. I shook my head to clear “Sorry, just thinking” I replied, following Jake into what I assumed was his room. “bout what?” he asked me, I shrugged “Bout Kai” I replied, looking around, my eyes coming to rest on a bookcase full of comic books, figurines and action figures. “Whoa” I said, walking over and picking up a figurine of Harley Quinn. “It’s a hobby” Jake told me, sounding defensive. “Where did you find this one?” I asked, turning and holding up the Harley Quinn statue. “Ask CC, he got it for me” Jake told me, turning away from me to grab a second helmet. “Alright” I replied, heading for the door and down the hall. “I was joking Scout” Jake called after me.

I stuck my head into the kitchen “Um CC?” I asked, he turned to look at me with a smile. “What’s up princess?” He asked in reply. I stared at him speechless for a second. “Um, Jake said to ask where you got this from” I told him, holding up the Harley Quinn statue that was still cradled in my hands. “Um….. England maybe. Or it could have been Canada, Why?” He asked, his face scrunching up a little as he tried to remember. “I wanted one for my collection” I replied. “You’d have to fly to England” Jake Pitts told me. “Oh” I said in a little voice. “Where in England?” CC asked him. “Birmingham. How do you not remember?” Jake P asked him in disbelief. “I was drunk” Cc said defensively, before turning back to me and adding “Next time we’re over there, we’ll get you one”. I smiled and turned to take the statue back to Jake’s room when I ran into him. “Just get me another one. You can have this one.” He told me, my face probably lit up in excitement “Really?” I asked, getting a nod and a smile.

“Well, she must be special if you’re willing to part with that one” a woman’s voice said, I turned to find a woman that I assumed was Jakes mum, walk into the kitchen. “Mom, it’s just easier if I give her this one, I mean, CC is gonna be in England in a couple of days anyway, so he can get me another one” Jake said, in what almost sounded like a warning tone. “Ok. Seeing as you boys are here, go fetch the rest of the shopping. And while you’re there Jake, grab the box for the statue” His mom said, smiling at me. “I’ll be back in a minute” Jake told me as CC, Ash and Jake P climbed to their feet and went through a door leading to what I assumed was a garage.
♠ ♠ ♠
sooooo........ new chapter. let me know what you guys think.