Status: Brand new story. let me know what you think.

Welcome to the Family

Light the Sky

Oli looked out over the crowd, shooting me and Miki a smile “So, on behalf of Jake, we wanna dedicate this next song to his new Friend. This one is called Light The Sky for those of you who aren’t educated” he told the crowd, getting a roar of approval. I glanced at Miki with a shake of my head. She just grinned back at me as the boys started playing.

I'd sell my soul, to see you smile
I'd light the skies, empty the nile
I'd take your hands, or burn my own
All for you

Don't fall away from me
Don't leave me here
Don't change the subject baby
Leave me in fear

Please take me, I'll find it in your heart
We'll flee the floods
We'll come out clean
I'll make this alright

This is my message to you
Ignore the voicemails
My head is slightly damaged
Life's had its way
I'll find it in your or mine

Please take me, I'll find it in your heart
We'll flee the floods
We'll come out clean
I'll make this alright

I'll find it in your or mine
I'll find it in your heart

I can't find another way down
Another way down, another way down
I can't find another way down
Another way down, another way down

I'll fight your wars, you'll walk away
I'll sell the fears before the wake
And fade out

Fight your wars, you'll walk away
I'll sell your fears, before the wake
Your eyes wait for me, I was never where you wanted to be
Never, where you wanted
Fight your wars, you'll walk away
Your eyes wait for me, I was never where you wanted to be
Never, where you wanted

Jake watched me as he played, and I couldn’t help but smile, he looked really hot up there, shredding away. He smiled back at me, which made me blush and earned me a lot of dirty looks from the fan girls in the front row. I grinned at Miki when she slung her arm around my shoulders “So, what do you think, they good?” Miki yelled in my ear, I nodded. “Ok, so we wanna thank you all for coming out tonight, and we’ll see you guys next time, when we tour with Black Veil Fucking Brides” Oli yelled into the mike, being drowned out by the scream of the crowd. I felt a frown starting to form as it sunk in that Jake was probably gonna be gone for a while if he was going on tour with BVB. Looking up I realised that Jake was watching me, he flashed me a smile before turning and walking off stage. “C’mon, let’s go up the back and wait for Jake to find us” Miki said in my ear. I nodded, letting her pull me through the crowd towards the back of the venue, stopping at the back wall.

We hadn’t been standing there long when Jake approached, coming straight up to me, one arm snaking around my waits, the other hand on the side of my neck, his thumb sliding along the underside of my jaw, coming to a stop as he tilted my head back a little, before pressing his lips firmly to mine in a kiss that took my breath away. “Does this mean they’re official?” I heard Kai asked somewhere behind Jake, when he pulled away, Jake stared into my eyes, his hand still on the side of my neck. “Sorry, just wanted to kiss away that frown” he told me softly. I smiled back, not trusting my voice. Glancing over Jakes shoulder I saw Kai, Miki and Oli watching us with dumbfounded expressions. Blushing, I dropped my gaze, feeling a little embarrassed that they’d seen that. “Your cute when you’re embarrassed. Just wait here for a minute, I gotta go get something” Jake told me, letting me go almost regretfully, before walking in the direction of the merch table. Miki was by my side in a second. “Ohmygod, Ohmygod, Ohmygod. He kissed me” I said, all but screaming as I grabbed her. She grinned “I saw. That was so cute, like something from a movie” Miki told me, I eyed her suspiciously “Are you taking the piss?” I asked her after a moment, not sure if she was screwing with me. She shook her head “You guys out cute me and Oli” Kai told me, giving me a hug. I smiled back at them.

I was talking to Miki when Jake came back, two helmets slung over his arm. “C’mon, let’s get out of here” He said to me, I looked at Miki, who nodded encouragingly. “But don’t you have to hang with your fans?” I asked, Oli and Kai had disappeared so Oli could do just that, Jake just shrugged and held out a helmet, after a long moment, I took it, and then took his offered hand, “By Miki I called out to her as Jake led me through the crowd and out into the cool night air. When we reached his Harley, Jake stripped off his leather jacket and settled it around my shoulders, when I looked up at him questioningly, he smiled “I don’t want you to get cold” he told me, making me smile shyly. I slipped my arms into the sleeves, Jake rested the Helmet on my head, smiling down at me as he did it up, before kissing me and swinging a leg over his bike. He held out his hand and was helping me onto the back of his bike when CC approached “Why are you bailing?” He asked Jake, who shrugged as I settled into place behind him “Cos I wanna hang with Scouty” I could hear the defensive tone of voice, which was starting to make me wary. “Can’t that wait? No offence Scout” Cc asked, throwing me a smile, which I tentatively returned. “No, it can’t. We’re going to dinner” Jake told him before Kicking his bike into life. CC stood back and watched us speed away, looking anything but impressed.

Jake pulled into a beach side diner, waiting until I’d climbed off before speaking “Ok, so maybe I was supposed to stay, but…..” He told me as he climbed off, I waited for him to finish his sentence, but he didn’t, he was silent as he pulled off his helmet. “But?” I prodded, letting him help me with mine “But you make me want to…… I dunno, just throw it all away. I wanna spend time with you and not my fans. You make me feel something I’ve never felt before” he told me, I stared up at him, not sure how to respond. “Is Kai right? Does this make us official?” I asked him. He smiled and pulled me close. “Let me take you to dinner tomorrow night, a proper dinner” Jake said, making me smile and nod. “Dress up nice, I’ll take you somewhere fancy” Jake told me, as he led me inside.