Status: Brand new story. let me know what you think.

Welcome to the Family

You're not my dad

“I don’t want her going,” Jimmy told Leana and me stubbornly. Lana and Jimmy had been arguing over my date for the last hour, and so far, Unkie Jimmy didn’t look like he was budging on the whole no dating thing. Well, it wasn’t so much no dating; he had a problem with me dating Jake. Which was completely stupid. “You’re not my dad. You can’t stop me.” I snapped at him, finally losing my temper. Jimmy went red in the face “While you live in my house, you’ll follow my rules” he told me angrily. “FINE, I’ll move out” I yelled, turning heel and storming in the direction of my room. “Don’t you walk away from me Scout” Jimmy yelled, I ignored him, hearing Leana tell him to go to Brian’s, that she’d handle it. I slammed my door and threw myself down on my bed, sobbing as my anger bubbled over into a tearful rage. A few minutes later, Leana came in and sat down on the edge of my bed “You can go out tonight Scouty. Jimmy just doesn’t like it cause it means his little pouty Scouty is growing up. It scares him” Leana told me, rubbing my back as she spoke. “I’m not gonna be a little girl forever, But I’ll always be his pouty Scouty” I told her, sitting up. Leana smiled “I know that, he just hasn’t figured it out yet. But he’s a boy and boys are a little slow” She replied, hugging me. “So, what are you wearing?” She asked me after a moment. “Ummmm, my new iron fist dress and, and, and the new wedge boots with fishnets” I said, a smile starting to spread across my face as I thought about how Jake would react to that outfit. “He makes you happy, doesn’t he?” Leana asked. I nodded, crawling off the bed. “I’ll let you get ready hunny” She told me, shutting the door behind her as she left me alone.

I’d just about finished getting ready when I heard Jimmy’s voice. With a sigh, I finished buckling my boots and headed out to talk to him, knowing I should apologise for what I’d said earlier. As I walked out into the lounge room, I was surprised to see a lot of people sitting around. When Leana saw me her face lit up “Oh Scout, you look gorgeous.” She gushed, shooting a look at Jimmy, who was staring at me. I watched as Jimmy climbed to his feet. “Scout, I’m sorry about earlier. I…. I should have handled that better.” He told me, I smiled. “It’s ok, I get it. You don’t like seeing me grow up.” I replied with a shrug. Jimmy nodded and came over to me and gave me a hug “No matter how old you get, you’ll always be my little pouty Scouty” He told me, I smiled “I’m sorry about what I said. You’ve been there for me when my own dad hasn’t.” I told him. “Awwww, such a touching moment” Syn teased, a grin on his face. I pulled a face in his direction, before being distracted by what sounded suspiciously like a Harley Fat boy out the front. “Scout, make sure your back by…..” jimmy started to say, but was cut off by Leana yelling “No curfew, No curfew”. Jimmy frowned but nodded, before his face softened. “Have fun” he told me as I grinned. “Bye” I called out to everyone, dashing to the door.

Jake’s face lit up when he saw me “Oh my god Scout, you look amazing!” he said, climbing off his bike as I approached. I smiled “Thanks’. I thought you were gonna borrow Oli’s car?” I asked, eyeing up the bike, hoping that my skirt was long enough to tuck under my butt. “Oli’s being a dick. He wouldn’t let me borrow it” Jake replied, slipping his jacket off and handing it to me. I slipped my arms into the sleeves as Jake put the helmet on my head. “Thankyou” I told him when he’d done it up. “No problem gorgeous” he told me, climbing back onto his bike then offering me a hand. When I climbed on, I tucked my skirt firmly under my butt. “You good?” Jake asked me, making me smirk. “Never, but I’m ready if that’s what you meant” I told him with a wicked grin. He laughed “Just the way I like my girls. Let’s go eat” he told me, kicking his bike into life. I could feel eyes on me as Jake and me took off up the street. I’m pretty sure Jimmy was gonna have words later. Just the thought of it had me smiling.

When Jake had said he was taking me out for a fancy diner, he wasn’t kidding. It was the kind of place that you had to have reservations. I stared around wide eyed as we approached the lady inside the entrance. “Good evening. Did you have a reservation” The lady asked us, eyeing us up. “Um, Yeah. There should be a table for two under the name Mora” Jake said, the lady checked her book and nodded. “Ok, follow me please, I’ll get you seated” she said, turning and leading the way through the restaurant towards the back, as me and Jake followed, I looked around, taking in my surroundings. Suddenly, my eyes came to rest on Maddy. She was with an older man and woman. I assumed they were her parents. It was then that the man turned to talk to Maddy, who had caught sight of me and was frowning. I was stunned to realise Maddy’s dad was M Shadows. Jake gave me a tug, I’d obviously stopped out of shock. “C’mon Scout, now is not the time or place for a girl on girl cage match” He muttered. “You’d like that, wouldn’t you Jake?” I asked with a smirk, looking up at him. He grinned “Not here.” He replied, as we picked our way through tables to a small table at the back. “Especially since CC is paying” he added, I frowned. “He thinks you’re cool. And I’m quoting him here. ‘She’s fucking perfect. Keep hold of her, you two are so the new Jinxx and Sammi” Jake told me, making me giggle. “But Jinxx and Sammi are like, the cutest couple ever” I replied. “Yeah, well, CC is shouting us dinner, he even booked the restaurant for me” Jake replied with a shrug as he held my seat as I sat down and then pushed me in. “I would have been happy with Pizza” I told him. Jake grinned. “That’s the next date” he shot back.

As we waited for our food, I found my gaze drifting back to Maddy, who occasionally sent a death glare in my direction. I grinned back at her the third time she did it. After which, her mom leaned forward and asked her something , before looking in my direction as Maddy spoke. When the food arrived, it looked amazing. “Thank you CC” Jake muttered, making me giggle. “Wonder how many of these dinners we can get him to shout?” I joked. “He’d happily pay all the time “ Jake told me, with a grin “So, are you and CC close?” I asked, picking at my steak. Jake thought it over before nodding “I don’t see him much anymore, but yeah, we’re still pretty close. Do you have any siblings?” Jake asked me, “Um, yes and no, I mean…. My mom’s been with this guy since I was thirteen and he has four sons, but there’s only one I consider a brother. He’s the one who took me to dance class and vocal lessons.” I replied, feeling a little sad as I thought of Joel. “Well, I have two younger siblings. Boy and girl” Jake told me. “And what kind of dance?” Jake asked, frowning “Ballet, Jazz, Tap and contemporary. I had class three days a week, an hour for each type, on Saturday was a double of Jazz and Contemporary I also did singing on a Monday after school” I told him, Jake seemed to think over my word “You don’t seem the type to be a prima ballerina” Jake told me after a while. I shrugged. “I wanted to do figure skating lessons but the rink was too far away” I replied, making him laugh “I play Ice-hockey” Jake told me smugly. I shook my head as I went back to eating.

When Jake dropped me home, Jimmy was still up, watching TV. “Have a good time?” He asked when I came in, I smiled and nodded “does he always ride the motorbike?” Jimmy asked. I sighed “He tried to borrow his twin’s car but they had a fight so Oli wouldn’t let Jake have it. He didn’t intend on using the bike” I told Jimmy, who was fighting a smile. “He really likes you, huh?” Jimmy asked me, making me smile “”I really like him too” I replied as Leana came out into the lounge. “So…… whens the next date?” Leana asked me. I grinned “Sunday afternoon, he’s taking me ice skating” I replied happily, just about floating on air. “I’m gonna have a shower and go to bed” I told them, Leana nodded with a smile ‘Nighty night Scout” Jimmy told me, making me grin.