Status: Revising

Days Passing

Day 1

"Mom, I'm heading out." I yell, as the screen door slams behind me. I hear my mom shout back, but I don't understand what she says. It doesn't matter though, I'm already gone.

I walk the way I know so well, that I could walk it in my sleep. I probably live the farthest away from the steps, but no matter what I make my way there every single day.

I'm close enough now that I can see the steps from where I am now. It's a nice day out, so I'm not surprised to see other people there.

I make my way to the steps, and sit myself down. I turn to the crowd of people behind me, and try to clue myself in as to what there conversation topic may be about.

"Hey, Milly." I turn towards Peter, and give him a small wave hello. He seats himself beside me, and we begin a little conversation of our own.

Peter was like my best friend in the community, he was also the only guy in the whole community that I had ever had a crush on, but that was a while ago. I have accepted that we would probably always just be friends.

I stopped talking for a second, to turn and throw a pebble back at Bridget who had thrown one at me first.

I turn back towards Peter to start off where I had left off, but something caught my eye, more like someones.

I look and see them. They're a couple I have seen around before. They always stick to themselves, and they've been a couple practically forever.

I watch as they go by, I know stalkerish, but they were intriguing to me. Don't ask me why, because I don't know why.

The sidewalk that goes past the steps is close enough, that as the couple passes, I can here a little of what they are talking about.

"Stop it Charlie." The blond beauty giggles to the tough looking brunette that has his arm around her.

"Say it Kaela." He says with a devilish smile.

"Okay. I like you." She says with a small smirk playing at her lips.

"You're so mean." He lets go of her, and walks a little a head. She stops, then jogs to catch up with him.

"Baby! You know I love you!" She all but yells as she jumps on his back.

He laughs, says, "I love you too." He puts his hands under her thighs to her hold her on his back. Then the couple is too far off that I can no longer here them.

I can't help but smile at them. I think it would be amazing to have a relationship like that. To have a boyfriend, that cares like that guy does would be amazing.

"Earth to Milly." I'm broken out of my thoughts by Peter.

"Yeah?"

"I lost you there for a second." I smiled and nodded.

"Do you wanna head out?" I nodded again, and we both stood.

We said our goodbyes, then started walking on the sidewalk. We were going to the park.

"To the swings!" I said with a laugh, and made my way there.

I jumped onto one of the swings and started pumping my legs to get it to go high.

"Peter, push me." I said childishly. I wanted to get high, and with Peter pushing me I would only have to do half the work to get high.

He sighed with a smile and came behind my swing. He grabbed the chains of the swing and pulled. When I was high he let go and I swung forward. He stayed behind me pushing on my back gently to keep me going.

When he though it was enough he went to his own swing and started pumping his legs. We were swinging in silence, when a memory came to me.

"Peter do you remember those contest we used to have, when we would see who could jump the farthest from their swing?"

"I do."

"Want to do one?" I said with a devilish smile. He looked at me and smirked.

"Let's do it."

We pumped our legs more to get higher. When we were swing at the same time, we counted down from three.

"3....2...1!" We said together. We jumped and landed on our stomachs.

"I win!" Peter yelled sitting up. I wished I would have remembered that he used to win all the time too.

I stuck my tongue out at him, and got up. I held my hand out to Peter, and he took it graciously. I pulled him up. Once up he dusted himself off.

I looked at the watch on my wrist and saw that it was time that I headed home.

"Time to go home.. See you tomorrow Peter." We hugged, and he pecked my cheek, before I left.

On my way home I couldn't help but notice the tingles I still felt from where Peter had kissed me.