The Inevitable

The Inevitable - A Batman Joker story. Chapter 4.

He slowly began to suit himself up in his tattered suit. He loaded the backup files of everything from the damaged suit onto his computer. Brushing off the now crusted over clay, the voice came back.

"...Only you can make this change in me,
For it's true, you are my destiny...
When you hold my hand;
I understand the magic that you do..."

Batman tapped the side of his cowl harshly, a wave of anger and sadness tempting him to rip it off his head again and throw it across the room. But somehow... Batman wanted to listen to it again. No matter how it tore at him. But he resisted.

It was time to resume his vigilante duties.
Batman went out into the growing night, the moon slowly growing brighter and bigger. His cape had caused him problems recently, due to all of the rips and tears on it, but it still flew. His strength was not fully returned but he felt driven. Driven to protect the city and forget, most of all. But he couldn't. Hearing a earsplitting feminine scream from behind a couple buildings, he immediately took action. He quickly grappled and positioned himself right above the source.

Of course, the Gotham police force was not always the most thorough, and this just proved the point. A Joker thug was harassing a woman, trying to take her purse and cut her throat with a knife. The reaction was almost instinctual for the masked vigilante, he had done hundreds upon thousands of take-downs, and this one was no exception. Using one of his batarangs, he skillfully took out the light above the thug, and only seconds later, he was upon him. Using a simple submission hold, the woman successfully retreated, her distressed screams echoing throughout the buildings of Gotham.

Muffled grunts of anger and surprise came from the thug's mouth. The thug opened his mouth and clamped down extremely hard on Batman's finger. With a quick jerk, Batman recovered his hand and rearranged it on the thug's throat. The thug let out a gruff half suffocated laugh.

"Oh, is that you, you fucking freak? You won't kill so I am not afraid of a fuck-faced coward like you. I honestly am glad that my boss is dead, you guys act like a fucking homosexual couple, he deserved to die, and you do t--" Batman tightened the grip around the man's throat, his gloves squeaking against his skin. The vigilante's rage was unbelievably high. Taking one of the thugs arms, he dislocated it and then threw him to the ground while he choked on his scream while trying to catch his breath.
"See? I knew it! You fucking coward! Hahah--" Batman flung his foot square into the thug's gut, making him shrivel into a ball of pain.

"I may not kill anyone but I can make you feel like as if you dont want to live anymore because the pain I give you is so unbearable. Today is not the day to mess with me. Me and Joker were nothing but enemies." Batman glowered in the darkest voice. Picking up the thug by his hair, he duct taped his mouth shut and tied him to a pole. Glaring at the thug one last time, he disappeared into the night.