Status: Active

Knife Called Lust

Chapter Three

The next morning I woke up before both my brother and Jordan and got ready as quickly as was humanly possible. I shoved on a pair of ripped blue jeans, a black spaghetti strap tank underneath a white see-through tank with an el dia del muerte skull on the front along with a pair of low-top black vans.

Thanks to me being the first one up and ready I ran to our only bathroom, did all of my makeup and brushed my teeth before I was finally interrupted by a loud banging on the door.

“Haley! Get out of there! I need to pee!” Jordan yelled.
“Nice Jordan. That’s exactly the kind of thing I want to hear before breakfast.” I responded as I left the bathroom only to have him rush straight in and slam the door behind him.

Now, originally the plan was for me to go have breakfast and then wake up the slumbering beast that is my brother but that plan was altered when the first thing I saw as I got downstairs was a young woman standing with her back to me at the stove wearing one of Johnny’s T-shirts.

I froze. Oh dear. This is just what I feared. The next morning encounter with one of Johnny’s one night stands. After five minutes she still hadn’t turned around and at this point I was ready to jump in and say something. She was only a groupie and she was using our kitchen, MY kitchen, to make pancakes it smelled like.

However, before I could make my presence known a more awake and less grumpy Jordan came rushing down the stairs, falling down the last two and crashing into me, making us both tumble to the floor.

“Jordan! Get your face off of my chest!” I groaned. “Now!”
“Sorry.” He mumbled as he lifted himself off of the floor, extending a hand to help me do the same.

A soft giggling broke me out of my moment of memory loss and I remembered the groupie cooking in the kitchen.

“Oh dear Jordan… What are we going to do with you? Hi, would you like some pancakes before you go?” She directed the last part at me.
“Huh?”

I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms over my chest, leaning to the side a little, trying to put an emphasis on the fact that she was all mixed up.

“Don’t make me call the cops because I will! This is my house and I don’t…”
“Woah! Easy there Haley. This is Ashley… she’s your brother’s girlfriend. Not a groupie.”

A look of understanding passed over her face while mine was a look of surprise and annoyance.

“She’s Johnny’s girlfriend is she? Well then… Ashley, I hope you’ve enjoyed your time with him cause he’s officially only got another five minutes before I kill him!”
“Who’s on your hit list of the day?” Johnny sighed.

I turned my head quickly to see my groggy brother slowly shuffling down the stairs and over to his girlfriend, giving her a quick kiss before turning to me and giving me one of his tired morning smiles.

“You! With me! Now!” I told him, talking to him as though he was a bad dog.

He sighed before mumbling something to Ashley, giving Jordan a nod and then following me into our living room while I shut the door behind him.

“So, how long were you going to keep that girl from me? I mean… is it a serious thing that you two have going on?” I asked him, sitting down on the old couch.

Another sigh, He seemed full of them this morning.

“We’ve been going out for about a month or so. I wanted to know if it was actually something serious before I introduced her to you.”
“So… do you know yet?”
“Not really. I mean, I want it to be but… well, I think you know why I’m being cautious.”

I nodded and gave him a quick smile.

“Come on then Johnny! Let me go introduce myself to her.”

We both walked slowly out of the living room and back into the kitchen where Jordan was busy inhaling the pancakes that Ashley had just made.

“Damn! Johnny she’s a GOOD cook!”
“Alright Jordan, alow down a little there. Cause I’m not looking after a sick Jordan again.” I told him, patting him on the back as I made my way over to Ashley.

She tentatively reached her hand out I shook my head and wrapped my arms around her shoulders, giving her one of our ‘family bearhugs’ well mine and Dillon’s that is.

“Hi! I’m Haley. Johnny’s little sister. Nice to meet you finally.”
“I’m Ashley, same goes for you.” She smiled.

With a grin I turned back to look at Johnny and nodded.

“We’re going to get on just fine Ashley.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed, comment and recommend!!