Status: Just starting :)

Promises

Prologue

How come whenever you fall in love you don't realize it until it's too late? Or you don't realize it all?

My coat was pulled tightly around me, keeping the bitter air away from me. A black beanie covered my blood red hair and kept my ears from freezing off. Thick gloves enclosed my hands and UGG boots covered my feet. I didn't like being out this late at night. It was cold, and even after living here in Doncaster all my life I still wasn't used to it. 

When I reached the deserted park I didn't see Louis so I sat on a swing and waited. He promised me he'd be here by two, but he wasn't. My phone read two ten am. He was always late. He would be late to his own funeral. Hell, he was late for his own birth. His mum always told me he was supposed to be born a week before his actual birthday but he decided he needed to stay in the womb a little longer. And people wonder why he's a mamas boy. Two hands covered my eyes making me let out a gasp. 

“Guess who?" I knew that voice. 

I grinned. "My secret lover?" His hands disappeared from my eyes and a second later he came into my line of vision. His hands then grabbed my own hands and pulled me up. “Bet your secret lover doesn't kiss you like this," he whispered in a husky tone.

He suddenly leaned in grabbing my neck and placing his lips on mine. I was caught by surprise but wasted no time in moving my lips to the rhythm of his. I quickly found myself pushed up against him. He placed his hands on my hips. Our kiss soon turned eager. I dug my hands in his hair as his fingers creeped under my jacket and shirt, digging into my hips, squeezing them. There would be bruises tomorrow. The sparks I felt were so intense. They were electrifying. Neither of us wanted to stop, it felt like cloud nine. Like nothing could bring us down. 

I pulled away to breathe and rested my forehead on his. His striking blue eyes shined in the moonlight. I could get lost in his eyes. That was something I loved about him. 

“Have I told you I really like you?" He asked running his thumb across my bottom lip. I shook my head all the while grinning. “I don't think you have," I whispered as my heart fluttered.

“Well I really like you Letty," he murmured. The smile that appeared on my face was so big I was sure it would start hurting. “I really like you too Tommo," I murmured back. 

When those words left my lips, a smile overtook his face. That smile took my breath away. His eyes took my breath away. Everything about him took my breath away. Simple things like the way he flipped his hair or the way he smelled or the sound of his voice. Having known him for eight years you would think I'd be used to all that stuff, but I wasn't. The way his cologne lingered in my room when he came over or the way he always had a smile on his face; it blew me away.

I caught him offguard when I wrapped my arms around him. He froze for a second, then quickly wound his arms around my small frame. 

“I'm lucky to have you," I said. “I love being able to call you my boyfriend."

When his body tensed up I became confused. When I pulled away I noticed his smile had faded. Somethings wrong. He's always smiling. 

“What's wrong?" I asked, worry laced in my words. He stared behind me not saying a word. I didn't like quiet Louis. “Tommo, what's wrong?"

When he finally looked at me I noticed the look of regret on his face. “I'm sorry."

That made me furrow my eyebrows. Sorry for what exactly? He hasn't done anything. “Sorry for what? You haven't done anything." 

He mumbled something I couldn't catch, making my eyebrows furrow even more. “Tommo what's going on? You're worrying me."

He sighed and grabbed my face, gently kissing my lips. Before we got carried away again, I pulled away and asked the same question I'd been asking for the last few minutes. 

“I'm breaking up with you," he replied softly. 

My heart broke. It broke until it was completely shattered and then plummeted to the ground. I haven't felt like this before. Louis, the boy I'd been dating for two years, was breaking up with me. When I was ten and my mum got remarried, she told me she loved Winston, the man she married. She always told me "Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it...It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more." 

As I remembered her words, I realized something. I, Scarlett Osbourne, loved Louis Tomlinson. I love him, and he's breaking up with me. My best friend, the boy I love, is breaking up with me. I realized it too late. I realized I loved him too late. More importantly he's breaking his promises. He promised to never hurt me. He promsied me we'd be together forever.

"What do you mean you're breaking up with me?" I asked softly as tears gathered in my eyes. My voice was much like a childs when they found out their favorite stuffed animal was lost. I tried to stop the tears from escaping, but it didn't work. They cascaded down my cheeks like a never ending waterfall. If it's one thing I hated, it was crying. 

“I'm sorry. I just...please don't cry love." He tried to reach out and brush my tears away but I took a step back. “Letty, please." His voice was pleading. 

“Why?" I didn't even recognize my own voice. “Why are you doing this?"

He didn't have anything to say. I let out a watery chuckle. “You don't even know why you're breaking up with me. I love you and you're breaking up with me. You're breaking your promises Louis."
♠ ♠ ♠
You should all thank Miss AshleyxTwilightx, because without her this story wouldn't have happened. She's the one that brought up me writing a Louis story. If you haven't already read my Harry story you should. It's called Wildflower. This takes place in 2010 when Louis auditions for the X Factor, so that would make him almost 19 and Scarlett almost 18.