Status: Just starting :)

Promises

911

You make me love you...

Blackmail. That's basically what it was. That's basically what Louis was doing to me. He was blackmailing me. 

"If you love me you'll do it." 

I do love him, but I also love Seeley. It's a different kind of love, but I still love him. Seeley and I were set to get married in a few months. But I didn't think I could do that to Seeley. I loved him too much to hurt him. So I decided today what I would do. 

"Hey Seel?" I asked softly.

He let out a 'huh' as he browsed through the channels on the telly. I sat on the couch opposite him and twisted my fingers, biting my lip. There was no easy way to say this. I didn't know how to be gentle in saying it, so I just came out with it. 

"I don't think we should get married," I rushed out. He looked at me with wide eyes. "Why?" He asked.

I sighed. "I just...I think we're growing apart. I don't feel as if we're as close as we used to be. I'm busy with the bakery, you're busy with work and going back and forth between London and Paris."

He seemed to let out a sigh of relief. That puzzled me. "I was feeling the same way. I didn't know how to bring it up. Scar, I still love you and I always will."

"Me too." I grinned. "I have something else to tell you." When he didn't say anything I continued talking. "I'm pregnant, but I'm not sure if you're the dad."

The look on his face was one of mixed emotions. He seemed deep in thought too. That wasn't necessarily a good thing. It depended on the time. Right now I was going for it being a bad thing. 

"It could be Louis's couldn't it?" He asked lowly. I solemnly nodded. "I'm sorry," I whispered. 

He shook his head. "I shoulda seen it coming. I'm stupid if I didn't." 

I never wanted this to happen. I never wanted to hurt the man I love. Those was never my intentions. This wasn't supposed to happen. Coming to this town was a mistake in the first place. I should have known better. Vi persisted it was where I should open the bakery. Agreeing with her was the biggest mistake. In the back of my mind I wondered why she chose it. If I had known One Direction lived here, I wouldn't have come. If I had known Louis lived here, I wouldn't have left Paris.  

"When you told me you slept with him I should have known," he started. "I should have known you still loved him. More then you can love me or any other guy. You always have and you always will." 

Tears pricked the corners of my eyes. "I'm sorry, Seel. I never meant to hurt you in this way. It was never my intention."

He sent me a half grin, coming over to sit by me. "I know it wasn't. And don't be sorry babe. As much as I hate to say it, you're meant to be with Louis. It's always been him."

I took in his words then hugged him. "Thank you for...everything.

Instead of answering, he cupped my face and brought his lips down on mine. It was a soft, sweet kiss but I didn't feel anything like I did when I kissed Louis. That was one thing that made me feel like I had to breakup with Seeley. If I didn't feel anything when we kissed or had sex, I didn't want to hurt him by staying with him and lying about my feelings. 

"I love you, Scarlett," he murmured. 

"I love you too, Seeley," I murmured back as a single tear slid down my cheek.

++++++

Today was by far the prettiest day. It was sunny and just plain beautiful outside. I had left my car at the bakery and made the ten minute walk to the Starbucks down the road. Louis had text me and asked if I wanted to hang out tonight and I agreed. I had yet to tell him Seeley and I were no longer together. Tonight was the night I was going to tell him I was pregnant. 

With the hustle and bustle of the city, the walk seemed to take longer then it normally did. By the time I got there I was out of breath. A side effect of the pregnancy. Before I even got within five feet of the door my eyes zeroed in on the big window. There in plain sight was Louis William Tomlinson sitting at a table. With a girl. Holding her hand. My heart dropped. I knew right then and there that I was done with him. I turned on my feet and practically ran back to the bakery. Vi was informed I wasn't feeling well and I left. I hopped in my car and drove off.

Happiness is just outside my window 
Would it crash blowing 80-miles an hour? 
Or is happiness a little more like knocking 
On your door, and you just let it in? 

Happiness feels a lot like sorrow 
Let it be, you can’t make it come or go 
But you are gone- not for good but for now 
Gone for now feels a lot like gone for good--


God dammit! My radio hates me. I pushed the button to change the channel but nothing happened. I hit it again, this time harder thinking the force would make it change. It didn't. 

"Bloody hell!" I shouted, as tears stung my eyes. "Shit!"

Happiness damn near destroys you 
Breaks your faith to pieces on the floor 
So you tell yourself, that’s enough for now 
Happiness has a violent roar 

Happiness is like the old man told me 
Look for it, but you’ll never find it all 
Let it go, live your life and leave it 
Then one day, wake up and she’ll be home--


Slamming my hand down on it, I let out a scream of frustration. This song reminded me of Louis. It reminded me of the night at the hotel in Doncaster. It reminded me that the man I love and might possibly be the father of the baby growing inside of me was back at Starbucks holding some girls hand like they were dating. It was probably that girl from the pictures on his bedroom walls. I was daft. 

I parked my car in the flat complex garage, then hurried to the lift. Once I got in my flat I headed straight for my bedroom where I buried myself under the mountain of covers and pillows. And that was when the tears came. Full force might I add.

My phone ringing made me look at the screen. Tommo. I promptly hit ignore and sent a quick text to Harry. 

911..

It wasn't even a second later and he had responded. 

On my way.

It didn't seem like but five minutes and he could be heard hollering my name. "Scar? Where are you? What's wrong? Answer me!" He hollered.

"I'm in my room," I croaked out. You can just call me Mrs. Kermit the Frog. He burst through the door with crazy eyes and heavy breathing. As soon as he saw me, he seemed to calm down. "What's wrong? Did something happen to the baby? Do I need to get a--"

I cut off his rushed words. "I saw Louis with another girl," I hiccupped. His eyed softened. He made his way to my bed and motioned me over. Scooting over, I uncovered myself and let him lay down beside me. He immediately wrapped his arms me and rubbed my back. "He was holding her hand, acting like they were a happy couple."

"I'm sorry babe," he mumbled. I sniffed loudly as tears rolled down my cheeks to land on his Ramones shirt. "I broke up with Seeley to be with him. Louis said if I loved him that I would keep cheating on Seeley. I couldn't do it, so I just broke it off with him. It was mutual, but I still did it. I walked away from a guy who was great for me and would treat me like a princess! And for what?! A lying bastard!"

Harry sighed. "Maybe you saw something that wasn't really happening. He could have been having lunch with one of his sisters."

I scoffed. "Like his sisters would hold his hand. And besides, they don't have long brown, curled hair with tan skin," I snapped. I didn't mean to. "I'm not daft. It's that girl from the pictures in his room."      

"Promise me something," he spoke after a long silence. I shook my head against his chest. "I can't," I stated. 

"Fine." He sighed. "Just don't hold this against him. The baby growing inside of you could be his and I'm more then positive that he would want to be involved in it's life. Don't take away his right to be a father."

Harry at the tender age of eighteen had such a way with words. He gave me these talks like he was some fifty year old psychologist. He knew what to say and when to say it. More often then not you would catch him sitting back and observing his surroundings. People watching I guess you could say. I guess coming into this whole famous musician world at only sixteen made you grow up a little faster. It made you realize what really went on in the world. It made you feel like an adult. You made these huge amounts of money and were able to go to places you only dreamed of. The only thing you could do, was grow up. 

"I'm not keeping it." And I wasn't. "You won't have to worry about me taking away his right to be a father."

++++++

Louis made me love him even when I wanted so badly not to. He broke my heart once and he's done it again. It blew my mind how he had a knack for breaking not only promises, but my heart. 

The bakery had been slow today and the weather fit my mood perfectly. It was flat out pouring and it hadn't let up, not even for a second. Vi had today off, so it was just me working. Not that I minded. The music I had playing drowned out the silence making it seem less lonely. The bell above the door dinged making me look up from the bump that had taken over my stomach. It was noticable with the tight jumper I had on.

A group of five school girls walked in. They put their umbrellas in the umbrella stand and wipes their feet on the rug. They all had on matching navy blue plaid skirts, white polos, dark green sweater vests, and black tights. Their shoes varied from Converse to TOMS to Oxfords. Their uniforms reminded me of the ones off of Gossip Girl except a little more laid back. 

"Hi, welcome to Sweet Dreams," I greeted. "Is there anything I can get you lot?" 

The girl with hair as black as the night sky stepped up to the counter with a redheaded girl that could put Ed Sheeran's hair to shame. "Red here, hasn't ever eaten anything from here, so I'm making her get the banana split cupcake with a double oozie. I want the same thing. To go please."

I chuckled. "Alright! As for you girls?" I put their stuff in the little Chinese takeaway carrier and handed it to them. 

"I'll take a pink lemonade cupcake with a sugar cookie." Her long blonde hair reminded her of mine and Vi's. I handed her the takeaway carrier and moved on to the brunette. "Oh, I don't want anything. I can't have anything with gluten in it." 

I grinned. "I actually made some gluten free cupcakes this morning." I handed her a takeaway box with two cupcakes and moved to the last girl. 

"I just want a lemon cupcake." As I got her cupcake the girl with red hair spoke up. "Are you expecting?" 

I looked down at my protruding stomach. "Yeah," I nodded. "I'm a little over two months. I already feel the size of a whale." They all chuckled at my words. 

"Well you still look amazing," the blonde girl replied. That made me grin. "Thank you. You literally just made my day, so all your stuff is on the house."

The raven haired girl started to protest. "You don't have to--"

"Nonsense. I'm the owner, I say it's on the house. Now be on your way. I don't want you lot getting stuck out in the nasty weather." 

They all thanked me and headed out with their umbrellas shielding them from the pelting rain. I would have offered to give them a ride but my car isn't big enough. The bell dinged once again making me look up from my phone. My face turned to stone. 

"Why have you been ignoring my calls and texts?" 

"Why don't you just leave and never bother me again?" 

"Letty--" Again, with the nickname shit! 

"Don't call me that!" I burst. "You don't have the right to call me that!" 

He jumped at my outburst. His face was one of pure shock. "What are you...what's gotten into you?" He asked quietly.   

"What's gotten into me? Well let me tell ya," I snapped. "There's a fifty percent chance that your sperm did and it's caused this!" I stood up, pointing to my stomach. His eyes traveled from my face down to the small bump that had taken over my stomach.  

"You're pregnant?" I scoffed. "No, I'm just fat. Yes, I'm pregnant." I replied. 

He walked around the counter and stopped directly in front of me. Without warning he put his hands on the baby bump. I wanted to move away, but my legs wouldn't work. My brain was screaming for me to back up, but I just wouldn't move. My heart raced as his hands stayed where they were. My stomach was like a big swarm of butterflies. Or maybe that was my so called 'morning sickness'.

"Do you know what it is?" He asked, finally looking up into my eyes. Shaking my head, I stared at him. "I'm going to be a dad," he whispered. 

I cleared my throat. "I'm, uh...I'm not keeping it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Didn't spell check! I'm gonna start doing this thing where I update my stories twice in a row before going on to another story, so be expecting another chapter within the week.