Status: Just starting :)

Promises

Hormones Galore

He broke my heart, but he's the one who's putting it back together.

Twenty weeks. That's how long I had been pregnant. 

Today was my doctors appointment. Harry was going with me to keep me company. Louis didn't know about this appointment so Harry told him he was going to get a haircut from their hair stylist, Lou. Which he really was, but after we got done. 

"Let's get on with this ultrasound, yeah?" Harry nodded excitedly, making me and Doctor Finn chuckle. He put the cold gel on my stomach and swirled the wand around in it. Pretty soon a picture of my baby popped up on the screen. He or she was sucking her thumb. Now that, that made me tear up. 

"Holy shit," Harry muttered. "That's your baby, and it's heartbeat." 

I don't know what it was, but I got this feeling inside of me. Kind of like I needed to protect him or her and love him or her with everything I had. My mind and heart went into overdrive. My mind and heart were screaming at me to keep the baby and raise it, but my mind was also saying I was too young to be a parent. 

"Do you want to know what you're having?" I looked from Doctor Finn to Harry, before nodding. Doctor Finn moved the wand to the far left side of my stomach where you could see my childs butt. Yes, my childs butt. It was right there in your face. "You're having a baby girl. Congratulations!"

A girl. I'm having a baby girl. "I'm having a girl, Haz," I whispered. He grinned, gripping my hand. "Is there any way you can tell who the dad is before she's born? Like, with a DNA test?" Harry asked. Oh yeah. There goes my good mood. 

Doctor Finn nodded. "We can. I can do it today actually. Are you thinking you're the father?" 

I snorted. "Sorry, but he's not the father. Harry here is like my little brother. His friend, Louis is the suspected father." 

He nodded and said, "Well, if you can get him in here in the next couple of hours we can have the results by Friday at the latest."

Shit. Now he'll know I lied. Fuck a duck! "Okay. Um...let me call him. Thank you doctor." He said you're welcome before walking our of the small room, closing the door behind him. 

"Texting him would be easier," Harry spoke up. I nodded with a sigh and sent him a text. 

Come to the doctors office. He's doing a DNA test.

You had a doctors appointment today? Why didn't you tell me? 

I don't know, just get here. 

I sent him another text telling him the address and waited with Harry. He spoke about having loads of fun spoiling the baby and buying her everything she wanted. It made the time go by faster. It made me second guess myself. Maybe I should keep her. Maybe I should let Louis be in her life...and mine. He was escorted to the door by a nurse maybe twenty minutes later. He looked peeved to see Harry in the room with me. 

"Why are you here?" He questioned. "I thought Lou was supposed to cut your hair."

Harry nodded, swiping his hair out of his eyes only for it to fall back in place. "She is. After the appointment is over."

Louis discretely rolled his eyes and plopped down in the chair on the other side of the table I was sitting on. Feeling the anger rolling off of Louis in waves, I nudged Harry with my foot. He looked at me with questioning eyes. 

"The appointment is supposed to be over by now and Lou's probably waiting. Go ahead and go." He went to protest, but I cut him off. "I'll be fine, Haz."

"Yeah Haz, she'll be fine," Louis snapped. I slapped his shoulder and hugged Harry, bidding him goodbye. Harry said bye to Louis but all Louis did was give him a half assed waved. "Why did you bring him and not me? That could be my baby, not his!"

"Because he's one of my best mates and like a brother to me. He was the one who I told first, he was the one who helped me deal with all of it," I replied. "And don't get upset, your daughter can hear you, ya know?"

He scoffed. "You're stupid if you can't see that he's using you to get in your pants. And why did you tell--" He stopped himself. "It's a girl?"  

I nodded. "Yeah," I replied softly, resting my hands on my baby bump. "And Harry doesn't think of me that way, you're just saying that because you're pissed." 

All I saw on his face was a huge grin. It took up half of his face. He stood up, leaning down to capture my lips with his. "You have no idea how happy that makes me," he murmured when he pulled away. 

++++++

I think that possibly, maybe I'm falling for you
Yes there's a chance that I've fallen quite hard over you.
I've seen the paths that your eyes wander down
I want to come too

I think that possibly, maybe I'm falling for you--


Louis sang along to the soft voice of Landon Pigg. His voice traveled from the bathroom to my room. Granted they were connected, but over the different shower heads shooting out water you would think you wouldn't be able to hear anything. I forced myself out of bed and to the kitchen. My stomach was growling. I, well rather the baby, was craving Ramen Noodles for breakfast. While the pot of water was set on the stove to boil, I made my way to the living room. On the way there I passed a mirror. I stopped and just stared at the baby bump that was slowly making it's appearance. 

I'd been thinking since my doctors appointment, and I had decided to keep the baby. I hadn't told anyone. Not even Harry. I planned on having everyone over for dinner tonight to inform them that I was pregnant and was indeed keeping the baby. I had already been thinking of baby names. I couldn't choose just one, but I knew I wanted it to be an elegant name. 

"Today's Friday." I almost peed my pants at the sound of Louis's voice. Getting lost in my mind meant not paying attention to my surroundings. Wonder how long I've been standing here like this? "Jesus Christ, Lou! You can't scare a pregnant woman. They don't have good control over their bladders," I rushed out.

He smiled cheekily. "Sorry love." He kissed the corner of my mouth and grinned down at the tight cami I had on. It showed off my baby bump like no other. "I can't believe there's a chance that, that baby girl growing inside of you is mine," he spoke softly, resting his hands on the baby bump.

"Better believe it." I chuckled. I wouldn't say him and I were together, we were just around each other more. He had been staying at my flat since the doctors appointment. Seeley was gone the day we broke up. He was back in Paris doing what he normally did; work. We kept in touch though. I felt the need to inform him when I had doctors appointments and all that. Anything that involved the baby, I told him. 

"Harry called me after I got out of the shower and said he was coming over. Said he had a surprise or something." I nodded before heading back into the kitchen to start my Ramen Noodles. 

Not long after I had my noodles finished the lift dinged and pounding footsteps could be heard. All of a sudden, Harry skidded to a stop in the kitchen. The bag he held in his hand swayed around, making a crinkling sound all the while.

"Look what I got!" He exclaimed. He opened the bag and pulled out a baby outfit. "I did good right? I picked it out all by myself." 

I chuckled as tears filled my eyes. Stupid hormones. 

"Oh my god. Why are you crying?" He panicked. "Why is she crying Louis? Louis! Why is she crying?! Don't cry, Scar. I'll take it back. I swear." 

I chuckled once again, wiping my tears. "I'm fine Haz. It's just the stupid hormones. The outfit is great. I love it." He breathed a sigh of relief and plopped down beside me. Louis looked on from his spot opposite Harry with a dumbfounded look on his face. 

"You go from crying your eyes out, to being happy as can be," he mumbled. "I'll never understand."

"Get used to it. We got a few more months left buddy," I stated, rubbing my stomach. Suddenly, I turned to Harry and stared at him with a very serious look. He shifted uncomfortably, fidgiting with his hands. "What?" He questioned. 

"Would you do me -us- the honor of being the babies godfather?"   

We hadn't talked this over, but I knew that Louis had always wanted his childrens godfather to be his best mate, and that was Harry right now. I wouldn't want it to be anyone else at this point. Harry was my best mate, my little brother, and my confidant. And I just realized I called the baby Louis's. Oh lord. The doctor hasn't even called us with the results yet. I'm jumping to conclusions. 

He shook his head wildly. "Of course! I have two godbabies now! Lux is gonna be so excited!" He jumped up and pulled us both up, hugging the life out of us. "Thank you lot so much. You have no idea how much this means to me. I love you two...well three. I love you three with all my heart and I can't wait to meet baby ScarLo."

"Love you too, Haz," I mumbled, kissing his cheek. Louis grinned, kissing my cheek and then tightening his grip on Harry. "Love you too, mate."

++++++

I had slaved over the stove all afternoon for this dinner. Well, not really. I burnt the chicken I was making for the chicken Alfredo, then I overcooked the noodles, and burnt the sauce. So I ordered Nandos and brought it home. The food was left in the big containers and put in the stove to keep warm. I had, however, slaved over the stove all afternoon baking deserts. Homemade peach cobbler with homemade vanilla ice cream. 

Now everyone was here including my mum, Winston, my dad, Daddy G -in his bowtie and fancy suit right alongside my dad-, Miss Jay, and the ever famous Simon Cowell. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous to be around him. Being within fifty meters of him was enough to make my stomach knot and skin crawl. But Louis said he was by far the sweetest guy you'd ever meet. He was like the boys' uncle and would be in their lives forever, so I had to get used to him. 

"Everyone, you can start heading into the kitchen to fix your plates," I announced. "It's Nandos takeaway, so I know you'll like it." I let everyone file into the kitchen before getting in at the end of the line. As it slowly moved forward my phone started ringing. One look at the caller ID and I snatched Louis from in front of me, pulling him into my room. "Letty, what--"

"'ello Doctor. Nice to hear from you," I answered. That shut him up. He stared at me with excited eyes. "'ello Scarlett. Well, I just got the results back. Do you want to know?" Doctor Finn asked. I nodded, temporarily forgetting we were on the phone. 

"Yes! Yes please," I replied. 

He was silent for a moment, which killed me. I wanted to know and I wanted to know now. "There's a 99.999% chance that Louis is the father."

I grinned. "Thank you doctor. Have a good day." I hung up before he could say anything and launched myself at Louis. "You're the father," I whispered before smashing my lips to his. He kissed me long and hard. When he pulled away he held me tighter to him, then all of a sudden dragged me out of the room behind him. 

We stopped in the dining room where everyone was sitting. "I'm gonna be a dad!"

"What?!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
Yay! The baby is Louis's!!

I want you lovely people to help me out. Pick as many baby girl names that are elegant and simple. I'll pick which one I like best and use it. :)