Status: Just starting :)

Promises

I'm Done

It's so hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember.

“Honey, unlock your door." 

My mum had been trying to get me to unlock the door for the last few hours. Since I got home after he broke up with me, I'd made a blanket tomb on my bed and buried myself in them. Silent tears rolled down my face and quiet sobs fell from my lips. This must have been what it felt like to get your heart broken. I felt like utter and complete shit.

“Go away Mum," I croaked. “Leave me alone." Her loud sigh could be heard through my bedroom door, then her retreating footsteps. 

How could he do this to me? I never thought he'd hurt me like this. He promised. He promised. My phone beeped with a text. 

Mum just called. I'm on my way. I'll be there as soon as I can. I love you Boo. <3

Thanks mummy. I didn't tell you what was wrong with me so you call Violet and use her to get me to spill my guts. That's low. She's using my twin to get information out of me. What a lovely thing for a mother to do. A heavy knock on the door broke me from my thoughts.

“Scout?" That was Winston. He always called me that. He was like my second dad. You would think that if I don't talk to my mum he would know I won't talk to him either. "Go away Dad." 

“Gray, Emerald, and Indigo wants to see you." Now he's using my baby brothers and sister to try and get me to come out. Again, low blow. My moms obsessed with naming her children after colors if you couldn't tell. “I don't care. Just leave me alone!"

His heavy footsteps sounded indicating he left. I rolled over and stared through the small crack where my blinds didn't quite reach the bottom of my window seal. In the mid-day light I was able to see the house next door. A house I spent a lot of time in the last almost eight years. The Tomlinson household. I saw the curtains being pushed open in the room across from mine. That was his room. 

I would never get away from him. He would always be there. His family would always be there. I couldn't escape him. Would I ever get a break? A small clink on my window made me close my eyes. It was him. He was using that stupid clothes line to send me a note. Does he not remember he broke up with me last night? I mean, come on. Leave me alone so I can drown myself in my own tears. And there's another clink. And another. And another. 

I kicked the fifty blankets off of me and grabbed my big grandpa sweater off the ground and slid it on over my tank top. I pulled on my UGGs and pushed my leggings down in them, then slid on my bug eyed sunglasses and pulled my hair into a messy bun on top of my head. 

“I'm going for a walk," I stated heading for the front door. “Honey, it's a little cold outside," my mum called out. 

“I don't care." She sighed and appeared in the doorway with her infinity scarf, wrapping it around my neck. I jerked away from her and walked outside. 

I knew where I was going. It was where I always went when I got mad or upset. Now it was somewhere I went when I got heartbroken. Heartbroken. That word made me scoff. People say you'll get your heart broken at least once in your lifetime, but with Louis, I didn't think that would happen. After all, he did promise me. Promises. That was another word that made me scoff. Promises meant nothing to me now. They were nothing but words that went in one ear and out the other. 

“You're going to get sick out here you know." 

“Go the bloody hell away," I seethed. If I turned around I would start crying again. I didn't like crying. Especially over something so stupid as a boy. I settled for staring out at the pond that was filled with lily pads. This was my serenity. This was where I came to escape. This wasn't his spot. It was mine. Mine and mine alone.

"I'm not going away until you talk to me," Louis spoke. “You ran off last night."

I snorted. “For a good reason."

He sighed and was soon standing in my line of vision. I sent him a glare before sharply turning and stomping off. Before I could get a few feet he grabbed my arm. 

“Let me go Tomlinson. Right. Now."

“Not until you talk to me." Having had enough I jerked my arm from him and turned around to once again glare at him. 

“You want me to talk to you? Fine." He looked taken back by my loudness and the tone of my voice. “You broke my fucking heart when you promised you wouldn't! I told you I loved you and you didn't say shit! You broke up with me and didn't even have an answer when I asked why! Is it because I'm younger? Because I'm your best friend and you just want to be friends again? Is there another girl? What Louis?! What made you decide to break my heart?"   

Just like last night, he didn't have an answer. It seemed like he never had the answers these days. A chuckle left my mouth as I walked away mumbling a ‘figures.'

“I'm auditioning for the X Factor," he called after me. Really? That's his excuse? That's why he broke up with me? “That's why you broke up with me? Are you kidding me?" 

He just stared at me. “Tell me something; did you ever really like me?" He quickly nodded making himself look like a bobble head. If I wasn't so mad I'd be laughing. 

"You're a proper dick you know that?" What he just did ticked me off even more. This isn't making any sense. “I hate you Louis Tomlinson."

His eyes darted up to meet mine faster then the speed of light. “You don't mean that," he said in a low voice. 

“Yeah I actually do," I scoffed. Before I could react he had his hands on either side of my face while his lips landed on mine. They were so soft. They always were. And the way they moved against mine in that soft manner. No! Bad Scarlett! With all my might I pushed him away and gave him a slap to the face. “Don't ever come near me again."

With that said I turned around and ran off all the while with tears running down my face. He had been in my life for almost eight years and my boyfriend for two of those years. I wouldn't be able to forget him.

♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

I don't want to keep being the girl that keeps crying about the same things.  

“Are you sure this is what you want to do Scout?" Winston stood with my eight year old brother Gray and eight year old sister Emerald and four year old brother Indigo as Violet finished putting my bags in the Mini Cooper that belonged to our father. She had got here late last night. I nodded. “This is what I've always wanted to do. Plus my dad's excited to see me."

Yesterday after my run in with Louis I decided I needed a change. Change of scenery, change of enviroment, but most of all changes to myself. Violet agreed with me and suggested I move to Paris to live with her and our dad. I jumped on that idea. So she was now in the driver seat of our dads car waiting for me. 

“Scarry, I don't want you to go," Indigo cried. I bent down and englufed him in a hug. “I'll be back Indy. I'll call you every morning and before you go to bed," I replied, keeping my tears at bay. 

“Okay. I love you." 

“To the moon and back Indy." I then moved on to Emerald and Gray. They didn't like to show they were sad about me leaving, but I saw through the masks they wore. When I hugged them they hugged me as if their lives depended on it. Next were my parents. Winston was first since I knew my mum would drag it out and cause a scene. 

“Oh honey, I'm going to miss you," my mum sobbed. Good lord. She's already sobbing and I'm not even out of the driveway yet. 

“I'm going to miss you too mum," I whispered. She started mumbling things as she cried making me roll my eyes. Drama queen. “Mum, I gotta go. Vi doesn't want to be driving forever." When she didn't let go I looked to Winston for help. He pried her away from me and they all sent me one last goodbye before I climbed in the car. 

Violet backed out of the driveway and zipped down the road. I stared out the window watching the houses from my childhood neighborhood whiz by. This was where I grew up. Where I learned to ride a bike. Whe I did my first cartwheel. Where I met my best friends. Where I fell in love with my best friend. I was leaving behind everything. A tear slid down my cheek and landed on my legging clad leg. I sniffled and pawed at my eyes. 

“Why're you crying Boo?" 

“I'm going to miss them," I murmured. She nodded, briefly glancing at me. “That's all your crying about? You aren't crying about that git?" 

I shook my head. I didn't want to cry about him anymore. I refused to let myself fall into a depression just because of some boy. “I'm done crying over him. He doesn't deserve my tears."
♠ ♠ ♠
Out earlier then I intended, but YAY for that. Lol. Thank you so much for the comments. :) This is the last flashback chapter, so the next one will be taking place in 2012 and longer then the last two chapters.