Status: Just starting :)

Promises

Doncaster

January, 31 weeks, Third Trimester


"I need to stop at the next exit," I spoke.

Louis groaned from his spot in the drivers seat. "But we stopped like fifteen minutes ago and we only have ten or so kilometers to the Doncaster exit."

My eyes turned to glare at him. "Your child is pressing down on my bladder like no other, so unless you want your precious car to smell like urine, then I suggest you stop at the next exit."

"Okay then." And he stopped. And I got out and did my business and grabbed a few snacks while I was at it.

Both our mums had demanded that we come down before I had the baby. So we were going down for the weekend. I didn't want to spend too much time here in case I did end up going in to labor. So a weekend was all we were staying.

"Why do we have to stay at your mums house again?" I asked, stuffing some Cheetos in my mouth. "Your room is the size of a closet and your bed is even smaller."

He shrugged. "I don't know, she offered and I figured we needed to save money for the baby." I grimaced. I really didn't want to stay with his mum and sisters. A hotel would have been ten times better. "I'll sleep on the floor or something. You can take the bed."

I grinned. "Have I told you that I love you?"

"Not lately, no," he replied. "But I like hearing it."

"Well I love you," I said. "A whole hell of a lot."

"I'd hope so since your having my baby and all," he sassed. Always ruining our moments. I swatted his leg. "Oi! Way to ruin our moment you git!"

He just grinned thay cheeky grin of his. "I love you."

"Yeah, yeah," I waved him off. "So you say."

Not even ten minutes later we were pulling up to his childhood home. He climbed out of his new Range Rover and jogged around the front to come help me out. You know, since I'm a whale and all. I'm pretty sure that if I were to somehow end up on the floor on my back, that I wouldn't be able to get up. I would be like a turtle at that point. Sad, but true. And it wasn't that I had gained a lot of weight with the pregnancy, only like twenty seven pounds, but with me being skinny to begin with, it made me look huge. I felt like a planet and resembled one at times.

"Babe, I —" I was already out of ear shot. I had to use the toilet once again. I knocked on the door and rang the doorbell before barging in the door. At least I gave them somewhat of a heads up that we were here. The girls could be heard chatting with their dad and mum in the living room, so I stuck my head in quickly and said hello. "Hi, we're here! I'm going to use the toilet now, Lou's getting our bags!"

The girls shouted their hello's but I was already shutting the door to the loo. Once my business was once again done, I washed my hands and waddled my way to the living room. I was immediately attacked by two blurs of bright colors and blonde hair. Phoebe and Daisy. Johannah scolded them. "Daisy, Phoebe! Be careful of the baby!"

They both pulled away from me and pouted. "Sorry Mum," they mumbled. "Sorry Scarlett."

A chuckled bubbled in my throat. "It's quite alright my loves. I think she's excited to be here and see her aunts." They furrowed their brows. Grabbing each of their hands, I placed them on the left side of my protruding stomach and waited for a second. "Wait a second and you'll feel it. There; did you feel her kick?"

They both nodded with looks of amazement on their faces. It's so funny how some kids are so easily amazed. But I think any kid would be amazed at feeling something kick from inside someone's stomach. I myself thought it was the coolest thing on this planet when my mum was pregnant with Gray and Emerald, and Indigo. I always remember her letting me feel when they were kicking. Same for Louis' mum. We would always have bets on who's sibling would be the better football player. I of course won that bet. Gray and Indy were beasts on the field.

"Can we hold her first?" Phoebe asked, looking up at me. Daisy nodded. "Yeah, I want to hold her before anyone else."

Johannah sighed. "Girls, leave poor Scarlett alone. She just got here. Let her sit down and rest," she spoke. "Go help your dad and brother with the bags, yeah?"

They bothed groaned. "Fine," they said in unsion. And they were gone. For now. At least I have a little time to rest. If I could get out of this chair without any help, I would go hug Johannah.

&&&

Not only had we been bombarded by Johannah and her clan, but also my Mum and her clan. So when we had escaped without anyone catching us, we were more then ecstatic. We went to the one place where we could spend hours on end without being bothered.

The pond.

"Louis?" I questioned. We were sitting on the bench right in front of the pond. There was snow lightly falling and it looked gorgeous out here. "Huh?"

This would probably ruin our trip and our time away from our suffocating families, but I had to ask. It had been on my mind ever since I decided to keep the baby.

"What, uh... what are we going to do when your on tour?" I asked. Clearing my throat, I spoke again. "I mean, what am I going to do when your on tour? You leave not even a month after Adelaide's born and you won't be back until she's almost a year old."

He sighed a loud and prolonged sigh. A hand came up and rubbed down his face. "I don't... I don't know," he spoke. "I was hoping you could come out and visit for like one week every month or something. Or you could just come on tour with us! Simon could get us our own bus and we could be like, a family and everything."

I tried to stop him, but he just kept on talking. I finally slapped a hand over his mouth and halted his yapping. "Louis!" I exclaimed. "I don't want our daughter growing up on the road. She doesn't need to go through that. I can do the visits every month, but not a whole tour."

He was quiet for a while. I knew he was letting what I said sink in. This could go either way. I'm not sure what would happen when he went on tour to be honest. I'm a first time mum. I don't know what to do. Yeah I might have helped my mum and Johannah with Phoebe and Daisy, Grayer and Emmy, and Indy, but that wasn't the same. I didn't have to deal with them 24/7. No late night feedings. No screaming babies in the wee hours of the morning.

"That's understandable," he spoke softly. "But I don't want to miss out on her life."

I nodded, grabbing his hand in mine. "I know, Lou. We'll Skype and do Face Time and all that. I swear on it, Tommo."

His fingers laced with mine as his thumb rubbed over the back of my hand. I missed these days where it was just us. It was like this before he auditioned for XFactor, and I missed it. Even when I was with Seeley I missed days where Louis and I would spend the whole day together, just the two of us. Granted it wouldn't be just the two of us in a few weeks. But I was going to enjoy every second of it.

"Skype dates with my daughter and baby mama." He chuckled. "Sounds like the best dates I'll ever go on."

I giggled. "They better be! Two beautiful lasses in one date; we better be your only dates too."

His head dipped down, his lips capturing mine. "You're the only two girls in my life," he murmured. A grin lifted the corners of my mouth. "Good," I murmured against his lips. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Maybe all I needed to get rid of my demons was happiness. Maybe Louis and Adelaide were my road to happiness. Maybe this would all be over when Adelaide was born.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well howdy!! Don't hate me. I'm going to try and update faster now that a new year has started. Still love you guys!!