Status: Just starting :)

Promises

Precious Cargo

January, 31 weeks, Third Trimester


"Louis, where are you? We want to go eat lunch!"

I groaned, rolling over onto my other side. I swear I heard Louis groan. There was a small chance I had squished him. Okay, there was a big chance I had squished him. But I didn't mean too. I needed my rest and I was going to take it whenever I could. So when Johannah and everyone had left to go grocery shopping, me and Louis took the chance and headed to his room for a nap. And this wasn't how I wanted to get woken up.

"If we keep quiet, maybe they'll leave us alone," Louis mumbled in his gravely voice. I sighed and buried my head into his chest. "Is it time to go back to London yet?" I mumbled.

His body shifted and his left arm raised to show his watch. "A few more hours," he replied.

"Then maybe we should go to lunch with them. We won't see them until the baby gets here."

He emitted a loud groan. "But I'm tired."

"Don't start whining," I spoke. "I don't need two children to take care of."

He made a face at me as his left arm flopped back down to the mattress. I just grinned. "Now help me up!"

&&&

"Scarry, I don't want you to go," Indy whined. He held onto me, as his head rested softly against my protruding stomach.

Sighing, tears pricked my eyes. Damn hormones. "I have to, bub. The baby is going to be here any day now and we have to be back home to have her," I whispered. My voice cracked a few times. It made him look up at me with misty eyes. "But this is your home," he murmured as a tear leaked down his left cheek.

I chuckled through my tears. "My old home," I corrected. "London is my new home."

"You ready, babe?"

"Uh, yeah," I hollered back. "Bye Indy. Bye guys. I love you."

"To the moon and back," Grayer, Emmy, and Indy spoke. I kissed each of their cheeks and then did the same to Winston and my mum. "See you whenever our little monster decides to make an appearance."

They both grinned. "Bye Scout, love you."

"Bye Princess, love you."

With that, I waddled to Louis's car, looking back every now and then. As we drove off, I looked back and sent them one last wave as we rounded the corner. "I hate this part," I mumbled.

"Me too, babe," he spoke softly, grabbing my hand over the center console. "But we'll get to see them in a bit. Your mum and my mum said they'd stay for the first few days after Addi is born to help you. Everyone will be there at the hospital."

Here I was, twenty years of age and crying because I didn't want to leave my mum.

&&&

"Hey Scar!"

"Hey Har," I greeted off-handedly. "I need a big takeaway box for a dozen funnel cake cupcakes and two gift cards for ten quid each."

"Scar, go home and quit worrying," Violet spoke. "It isn't good for the baby."

I sighed and plopped my wide load bum on the bar stool in front of the register. Harry came behind the counter and leaned against it, looking down at me. "Does Louis know you're here?" He questioned.

Shyly, I shook my head. "No," I mumbled.

He chuckled. "Well then why are you here? Adelaide could come any day now."

"I know," I sighed. "But I get so bored at home. And you know I get fidgety when I have nothing to do."

He just laughed. He took a mint out of the bowl by the register and popped it in his mouth. "Come on, let's go." He stood up and offered me his hand. I took it with a loud sigh and allowed him to lead me out of the bakery by the back door. His car was parked in the alley. He helped me in the passenger seat, then said he'd be back in a second.

A few minutes later he came back out with a big takeaway box. He must've got cupcakes for someone. As soon as he got in the car he handed me the box. I sat it on my huge stomach and leaned back in the seat.

"Where are we going?"

"BBC," he answered. My brows furrowed. "Why?"

"Band has an interview." Oh. But I didn't know why I was going. "Grimmy has been wanting to see you. He has an odd obsession with pregnant women." He must've noticed my confused face.

"He won't try to like, kidnap me, will he?"

He let out a loud laugh only briefly taking his eyes off the road to glance at me. "No," he replied. "At least I don't think he will."

"Can we just assume he will and have an escape plan?" I joked.

"Just be crazy hormonal." He was quiet for a second. "So, basically yourself."

I reached over with my right arm and punched his left shoulder. "Wanker!"

"OI! 'm drivin' over here!" He shouted. His right hand left the steering wheel and came up to rub his shoulder. "Oi! Both hands on the wheel! We have precious cargo here!"

He gasped. "Oh right! The cupcakes!"

Well I never. I punched him again. "Owwww!

"Oh shut up," I quipped. "Don't be such a pussy."

He narrowed his eyes but didn't take them off the road. That little eye narrowing was for my name calling. It didn't faze me one bit. "Better watch that language. Don't want your daughter repeating every word when she goes to pre-k."

"Sod off, Styles."

"Sod off, Osbourne."

By the time we got to BBC I was wore out. Watching everyone walk and talk on their cell phones and weave in and out of traffic was tiring. Harry helped me out of the car and took the box from my. He held it by the ribbon we tied around all four sides and placed his other hand on the small of my back. My right hand was on my bump and my left was on my back. If I had a wheelchair, I'd totally make Harry push me. I was that tired.

"Back again, Mr. Styles?"

He grinned at the receptionist as we passed her. "Just to see you, Muriel." She was an older woman. She looked to be in her late fifties. Harry was ever the charmer. We reach Grimmy's studio room where he did his show and quietly walked in. Harry greeted everyone loudly and held up the box of goodies. The on air sign wasn't on, so I assume we weren't interrupting anything. Louis saw me and raised his eyebrows.

"What're you doing here, Letty?" I shrugged nonchalantly, making a beeline for the comfy looking couch in the far corner. Knowing better then to try it by myself I asked for help. All five of the boys jumped up, but Harry was closest so he stood in front of me, took hold of both my hands and slowly helped me sit down. "Thanks Har."

"No problem, love."

Grimmy chuckled. "I don't think I've ever seen them move so fast. Especially if it didn't involve food or acting stupid."

I grinned. "Being pregnant has it's advantages," I said. "I'm thinkin' of just staying pregnant so they'll do everything for me."

His eyes grew in size. "Oh! Can you do that?!"

Maybe he did have an odd obsession with pregnant lasses. But why? There's nothing special about us. Sure we're carrying a human being in our bodies for nine months, but we're miserable the whole time. Our feet swell, our ankles swell, we get fat, we eat more, we get morning sickness, we lose the ability to move certain ways and do certain things, we resort to waddling like penguins, and our backs hurt like hell. I don't know about you, but I think guys should have to get pregnant just to see what us women have to go through. They don't even know the half of it. They think we just complain about everything because we can. Wrong!

"You're in two Nick," a lady beside him spoke. He nodded, putting on his headphones. The lads did the same, but before Louis did, he came over and pecked my lips. "Love you," he whispered.

"Love you too," I whispered back before he hurried over to his chair. This would take a while so why not make myself comfortable. I hoisted my legs up on the couch and rested my head on the brightly colored pillow. This was my normal position I slept in; on my ride side with my hand under my pillow, my legs somewhat curled into me, and my hand resting on my stomach. It was the only comfortable way I could get a good nights sleep.

"And we're back with 1D! Lads, say hello!" After that, I was out for the count.

@grimmers: Baby mama tired! @Scar_Letty http://instagram.com/p/cV7_jQXy/#

&&&

January, 34 weeks, Third Trimester

A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for.

-Anonymous


Louis


"Louis."

"Yeah babe?"

"I think my water just broke."

"What?!" I shot up out of my chair and ran into the kitchen. She was standing in a puddle of what looked like water. Bloody hell. "Oh my god." I was frozen. What did I do?

"Call someone," she spoke, bringing me from my thoughts. "And get my hospital bag and help me out to the car."

Nodding, I hurried to our room taking the stairs two at a time. It took me all of thirty seconds to get her bag and back downstairs. I grabbed her hand and slowly but somewhat quickly helped her through the house and outside. She was calm, but me on the other hand, I was freaking out. I was about ready to burst. I was trying to stay calm for her, but I was going to burst. I just know I will.

"Give me your phone," she instructed after I buckled her seatbelt. I handed it to her before shutting her door, jogging around the front of the car, hopping in the driver side and tossing her bag in the back as I started my car. "Should I call Harry?"

I zipped out of the driveway. "I don't know. Just call someone. Someone needs to be there with us. Our mums need to know! They aren't supposed to be here until next week! Why is she coming early?! The baby can't come early! We aren't ready!"

She sighed loudly. "Calm down before you make us wreck." She rolled her eyes and dialed someone's number. My phone immediately connected to the Bluetooth in my car, so it was on speaker.

"Hey Lou. What's up?" Harry answered.

"Harry, it's me," Scarlett greeted. "Um...my water kinda broke and we're kinda on our way to the hospital."

"WHAT?! Oh my god! I'll be right there! I'll call everyone else! Even your mums! And Scar, don't forget to breath; hee hee hoo, hee hee hoo!"

She giggled. "Okay, Har. Thank you."

"You're welcome. See ya in a bit!"

"Bye." She hung up and leaned her head against the headrest. I glanced at her with an incredulous look. "How can you be so calm?! You're having a baby!"

"Someone has to be and it sure as bloody hell isn't you." At the end of her sentence her face twisted up in pain. My heart went into overdrive. Was something wrong?

"Are you okay? Is something wrong?" I asked, alarmed. She shook her head, gritting her teeth. "Just a contraction." Oh! Her breathing technique!

"Remember; hee hee hoo," I demonstrated. I did it again and she joined in. "Hee hee hoo. Hee hee hoo." A few minutes later she let out a long breath.

"It's over," she spoke. "Thank god."

I took a left at the nearest stoplight. Only a few more blocks to go. Only a few more minutes and we would be in the hospital getting ready to have our baby. I would be a daddy before I knew it. Scar would be a mummy before she knew it. Holy shit. I just realized something.

I'm going to be a dad.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sooooo sorry about the wait. I got promoted at work and now I'm on full time. Updates will be slow.

In other news, I've made a tumblr for my stories. Feel free to follow and all that jazz. I'll get around to posting my stories on there, just give me time. :)