Pathetically

Pathetically

I was listening to my iPod, reading a book and sort-of falling asleep at the same time. The book wasn't all that interesting although I did want to read it, because I heard it was amazing. I wouldn't just stop reading it because it bored me when it got such amazing reviews.

I got a nudge in the arm.

"Ow! What's that for?" I said to my...friend, Spencer.

"Budge over, for fuck's sakes!" I moved over in my bed, closer to the wall, my lower half first and then my top half. Goddamnit, I wasn't comfy anymore. "Whatcha listening to?"

"John Barrowman," I muttered.

"WHAT?" Spencer practically shouted, making me jump.

"John fucking Barrowman!"

"Wow. I guess you have a thing with gay men that have your name."

"Fuck off." I mumbled, turning over a tad and closing the book. I dropped it over the headboard and I dangled my iPod down there soon after I switched it off.

***

"MORNING SUNSHINE!" Spencer shouted again, jumping up and down on the bed. I groaned and rubbed my eyes.

"The fuck, Spence?"

"It's half ten, lets eat!" Talk about energetic...

"No," I groaned, wanting to sleep, "Sleeping's better. At least right now." I said, trying to get comfortable again.

"Come on, lazy ass! It's food!"

"Yes, but this is sleep. I like it."

"Yes, but that is food. You like it, I like it. Perfect, right?" No, you like sleep too.

"You like sleep too..." I groaned again, "Just let me sleep a little longer? Another half an hour at least?"

"...only 'cause I love you." He smiled, rather pathetically but I'm sure he didn't mean it.

"Thanks."

***

I woke up again, only wanting to know the time. Spencer was over the other side of the room in a chair reading a newspaper. It was quarter to twelve.

"Woah, woah, you let me sleep until this time?"

"...what does it look like?" Spencer kept his eyes on the newspaper, gasping at something in there. "He's...he's what?"

I was curious to know what was wrong, but it didn't matter at that moment. I could ask him later, I don't know.

I was too lazy to change my shirt and in all honesty, I was also too lazy to change my underwear. Gross, I know but that's what laziness does to you. If I wanted to go somewhere I could just change and possibly shower in a time span of about ten minutes.

I put on a random pair of jeans that actually were mine, and went over and kissed Spencer. Oh yes, Spencer wasn't just a friend. Expected and probably known but in all honesty, who cares?

Let's drop the in all honesty thing (in all honesty).

Knocking came from the door and I ran to open it.

It was Brendon. His hair was messed up and he had a huge grin on his face. I sure hope he just got up from sleeping...

"Okay, okay, why did the chicken cross the road?"

I let out a sigh, "To get to the other side?"

"DAMNIT!" He walked off in a strop, probably annoyed that I answered his hilarious joke correctly...he was probably off to think of another one...

"Okay, obvious sex hair there." I said, walking in more or less a slump to the bed (to sit on, morons).

"Who doesn't have sex hair these days?"

"How about you? You're always putting a comb through it one way or another."

"And you mean that in what way?" Pervert. Although, this perv was a lovely one. And I loved him. End the cheesy-ness here...maybe.

***

Jonathan Walker flops onto his bed.

Yep, that’s what I did in the end. I lay there, thinking. Just thinking about stuff...stuff that I didn’t usually think of. Until I felt a tickling at my feet, and it was Spencer. He was tickling my ankles with a huge but stupid grin painted on his face.

In the end, he dragged me off the bed. His lips found mine and we were just there, making out on the floor. He took things amazingly slow for the amount of time we had been together, but in the end, I guess it was worth it. It was just worth having him there to cuddle in bed as a teddy, worth it for saving water in the shower...unless it dragged on a bit long, but we won’t go there.

The sounds of us just...well, lying there filled up the room, not like it echoed anyway. That’d be really creepy though, you’re having sex and then you moan and then it just echoes back at you...puts you off the idea entirely. Although I can safely say that that’s never happened to me. Time for a stupid grin.

“You know that even if I can never get your clothes off of you, that I really fucking love you, Spence?”

“Yeah, ‘cause I love you too...and please don’t say we’re together just for sex, Jonathan...or cosy sleep.”