Road to Hell

Sherry

A siren blared loudly, hurting my ears. The world started spinning, changing, and I shut my eyes tightly. Murphy, the man that I had met when I was wandering the endless corridors, nudged my arm.

"Open your eyes, Sher," he said in his gruff voice.

I did as I was told and the world around me had completely shifted from the horrible, metal and bloody flesh world that we had been in before. It was foggy, with snow falling gently. We were standing right in the middle of what appeared to be a four-way crossing. It was cold out and I shivered, tightening my grip on my sister's hand. She looked at me, her eyes searching my face desperately, in search of..

"SHERRY!"

Suddenly I'm enveloped into a warm hug, and I smiled gently. My sister had tears in her eyes.

"Are you okay, Shaunie?"

"I'm... I'm fine. But the things I've seen..."

"We've all seen strange things," Murphy interrupted, and I jumped a little. For a split second I had forgotten that he was with us.

"Who the hell are you, anyways? Why were you wandering with my sis? What are your intentions?!"
Murphy jumped back, it looked as though he was intimidated by my sister. This made me smile.

"And what are you smiling about?!"
Murphy grunted."I know you may be feeling confused and all, but dont'cha think we'd better get out of the cold and talk first? Sherry's shivering, and I'm pretty sure my dick has shrivelled up by now."
I glanced at Shauna, and she looked back at me. Charming.

"Yeah, it is kind of cold out," I found myself agreeing with Murphy, and he pointed towards a Cafe across the street. He suggested that we'd sit in, and we agreed.

--

The Cafe was old, dusty and I'm pretty sure that the food in the fridge was way out of date. The windows were boarded up, tiny bits of light shone through the slats in the wood.

Shauna sat down at the bar, Murphy sat beside her and I stood behind the counter.
"So Sher, you might need to introduce me to..."

"Murphy," he said as he offered to shake hands with Shauna. She looked at his outstretched palm as
if it was nothing but garbage. That was nothing new, Shauna had never really taken to strangers.
She had never really taken to Rhys either, in fact, she had despised Rhys. But, enough of Rhys, I hated even thinking his name, it just brought back bad memories.

"Mind explaining to me how you two met?" Shauna asked, and I smiled.

"Sure," I said, "well, you see, I had been running through these endless corridors searching for you, Shaunie. I had to run through so many rooms. They were filled with screaming, horrifying monsters. I was about to give up, I was sure you were dead, and just as I was about to offer myself up... Murphy appeared and beat the fuck out of those monsters."

Murphy. His strength and courage was what made me continue on. He'd taken my hand; of course I wasn't going to let Shauna know about that bit, and he'd lead me on. He'd brought me through the darkness and into the light, and as cheesy as that sounds, it was true.

"Yeah, and then we found you," Murphy said, finishing the story for me. I flashed him a smile, and his face turned a little red.

"Right, cool. So, bitch. What do we do now? Where do we go from here? And why the fuck do I sense so much sexual tension between the both of you?"

Looking away from her, focused on the floor in front of me, I'd blushed. And blushed hard. Murphy, as it turns out, was totally my type. He was smart and strong and cute and-

BANG.

All three of us jumped. There was a loud scraping noise outside, and another bang.

"What the fuck was that!" Shauna screamed, and Murphy leapt into action immediately. He dragged tables and chairs towards the door, just as it was struck. CLANG.

"Girls, quick!"
I rushed towards him, helping him block the door with even more tables and chairs, as Shauna looked about wildly, searching for an exit.

"In here, hurry!" She rushed into the back room which appeared to be the kitchen, Murphy and I hot on her heels. We barricaded that door, and searched for a backdoor. It was locked.

"Oh great, just what we need," Shauna retorted, and I tried to think as logically as I could. Where could we find a key that we needed?

More bangs and crashes, and the siren went off again.
There was an enormous thud and an inhuman scream.
The monster was in.