Road to Hell

Sherry

I couldn't get the taste of salt out of my mouth, even though we were no where near the ocean. It reminded me of when Shauna and I were younger, from back when our family took an outing to an amusment park. Shauna thought it would be a funny idea to jump off the pier and into the deep water below, to panic our parents and see if they really cared, which wasn't likely. They only seemed to care about Chris and his problems, it was always, always about Chris.

A loud noise made me jump and I looked around, but it was just some crows that Shauna had frightened. At the end of the dirt path we were standing on, there was an old road in front of us.

"I guess this takes us into town?"

I nodded, chewing on the sleeve of my hoody, a bad habit of mine that always popped up when I was nervous or scared. Shauna noticed, and hit me.

"You always destroy your hoodies, silly sister. Stop chewing and let's find a way out of here," she said confidently. I guess the only thing that we could do at this point is be confident, or at least fake confidence. And considering that we are models, and we fake confidence all the time, we can do this.

After walking on the road for a few minutes we came across a derelict looking old shack. The worn-out wooden sign claimed that it was a flower shop, but there were no flowers, only empty vases and pots. There was a workbench to the left of the entrance to the old flower shop had an abundance of tools, from wrenches to hammers, and planks of wood discarded underneath it.

"This looks... warm and welcoming," I said, my voice shaking as I reached towards the door handle. Shauna glanced at the table and I knew at once what she was thinking.

Before we entered the shop, we made sure to arm ourselves. It was difficult holding a hammer in one hand hand having a bag over my shoulder, but we had no other choice. This was a creepy town; we were both scared shit less, so if taking a weapon with us made us feel safer, we were going to take a weapon.

Cautiously I opened the door to the flower shop. It creaked open, and two cats flew out of the door, making us jump and let out a small scream.

"Was that the same two cats from before?" I asked, pinching myself to make sure that I wasn't dreaming.

"I'm pretty sure they were, which means something weird is about to happen. Or maybe not," Shauna said, walking into the flower shop.

The inside of the shop was derelict, just like the outside. It was probably once a beautiful place where men ordered their wives or girlfriends flowers for valentines days, people bought flowers for their loved ones who were ill. The wallpaper was faded, and torn, the plaster visible. The shop was filled with benches, all of which were empty apart from the one on the left, which held a pile of old maps.

"Well, this could be helpful," Shauna said, picking up the dusty old map, "ew, it's dirty."

I smiled. Shauna hated dirty things, she was probably having a field day here.

"What do you expect, Shawnie. It's been sitting here in this old flower shop which has obviously been shut down for a while. But atleast it's a map. So we can tell where we're going."

"That's true," my sister nodded, "hey, Sher?"

"Mmm?" I said, looking at a poster on the wall that advertised a cafe called 5to2, a supposed 'family place' just outside of the town. Funny, that was probably the cafe my sister and I had stopped in. And it in no way seemed friendly at all.

"Sherry, look at this," my sister said, walking towards me and thrusting the map into my face.

I looked at the map to see what my sister was looking at, and somebody had drawn a circle around Neely's Bar and the Blue Creek Apartments. It wasn't anything too exciting, but if it was circled it could mean that there were people there.

"Should we head there then?" Shauna said, and just as she said that, the door creaked open. We turned to face it, and a middle-aged woman had walked in, covered in rags with her hair in knots. She was laughing, her green eyes bright and staring at us.

"You won't get out, you won't get out.
There's not a single thing you can do
You won't get out, you won't get out,
you're stuck here because of your sins,
you won't get out,
"

She hummed this tune slowly walking towards Shauna and I, and just as she reached us, the entire room filled with fog and I blacked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
As you can see, we're using places from the actual Silent Hill. All rights go to Konami.
Neely's Bar, the Flower Shop and the Blue Creek Apartments are from the second game, so our two protagonists are currently in the lower area of Silent Hill.
A map can be found here if you want to see where Sherry and Shauna are. :]