Road to Hell

Sherry

It was creepy being on my own. I felt as if everything in the room was somehow looking at me, somehow judging me, somehow plotting to kill me.

Come on Sherry, it's just your overreactive imagination kicking in, nothing to fear.

I didn't like being here, not on my own. And when I heard my name being screamed, my heart thumped hard against my chest. It didn't sound like Shauna, it sounded demonic and terrifying and I got out of the room I was in as quickly as possible.

My name was being screamed over and over again, and with each scream it seemed like whoever was screaming was getting closer. I just needed to find Shauna and get the hell out of here. The entire building had wallpaper that was peeling and a thick layer of dust covering everything. The floors were metal, and each step I took it sounded loud and it hurt my head.

I reached the end of the corridor and tried to open the door in front of me, but it was locked, big surprise. I had no choice but to turn back, but the screams were getting louder. I instinctively looked for a place to hide, but there were only doors which I doubted could be opened.
I wished my sister was with me, she was always brave, always knew what to do. I cursed for letting her go off on her own, something could have happened to her and...

THUMP. THUMP. THUMP. THUMP. SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH.

I froze. Stopped breathing. Dropped to my knees.

THUMP THUMP THUMP SCREEEEEEEEEEECH

"Sherry... Sherry... SHERRRRRRRRRRRRY...."

I shut my eyes and put my hands over my ears.

It's just a dream, it's just a dream. Go away, disappear. Just a dream. Just a dream.
Pleasepleasepleaseplease just be a dream.


The temperature started to drop, and all I could hear was a siren. I opened one eye, unwillingly, to notice that the scenery had changed.

Some walls were metal, encasing fans, and the other walls were the colour of rotting, bloody flesh. The floor was replaced with the same flesh-like apperance, and it was squishy underneath my feet. I stood up, and tried to make sense of everything. I was still hoping that it was just a dream, wishing that I was actually at home, curled up in bed underneath my duvet. Hoping this was just a nightmare.

Whatever had been chasing me... or looking for me before had vanished without a trace. That eased my mind a little bit, but then I realised my twin was still missing. Where was she? I decided to get a move on,and wandered through the hallway searching for my sister, calling out her name.