Status: This is my Camp NaNo novel, expect something like my NaNo one: long ridiculous chapters of barely plotted gibberish.

Trust to the Lion

The human race is a fantastic and terrifying thing. It’s beautiful to be sure, but it’s deadly and when the human race gets desperate it gets reckless. When it doesn’t understand, it gets angry. In the year 2675 war broke out, a war amongst the people. It was a quiet thing fought in the shadows of the city, people against the government, people against the police that were supposed to protect them. But then, they weren’t considered people they were labeled as Diseased and they had to be terminated for the greater good. People, their people, were pulled from their homes and slaughtered in the streets, men, women, children, everyone. One wouldn’t be able to tell there was something wrong with us really. In fact if you went back a hundred years, you’d see we were hailed and respected. Who would have thought one change in government could start a genocide. Then again if you asked them, they’d tell you they were simply taking away a threat. Imagine how wrong they were, they weren’t taking away a threat. They created it. Now there are few of those not-quite people left and that’s where I come in. I was hired, raised, and trained to kill what was left whether I want to or not.