Do What You Do

so watch me take the lead

Blake quickly walked through the crowded venue. This was not the best place for her anyways, too many people, too many social interactions are waiting to happen. Not to mention John O'Callaghan had texted her and she never replied. Blake shook the thought from her head and picked up her pace. Once she got to the stage barricade she flashed her yellow wristband at the security guard, who let her through. She prepped her camera and switched her lenses. A boy approached her, tall, red hair and tattoed.

"You work for Substream right?" The boy asked her rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yeah." Was all Blake managed to say.

"Well I'm Nick,I'm the lead singer for the band that's up next."

Blake stared blankly at him and shuffled her feet.

"So, I was wondering if you could send me the pictures." Nick said breaking the silence.

"Oh, Yeah of course."

Nick chuckled and smiled at her, "You don't like conversations do you?"

"Well, I'm not very good with the social aspect of being human."

"You know we're throwing a party on the bus tonight!" Nick suggested feverishly.

Blake was taken a back by his excitement and didn't like where this was going.

"You're welcome to come."

There, There it was. The invitation, she dreaded parties where she knew she was going to be the awkward one in the corner.

"Actually, I'd love for you to come." He said lightly placing a hand on her shoulder and walked away.

Her eyes widened and she gripped her camera tighter. She didn't want to be rude and totally bail but she didn't want to face the awkwardness that this party would entail. What if he's there? What if her drinking gets out of hand. Her thoughts raced at 100 miles per hour when the crowd's screams interrupted her thoughts.

"We're A Rocket to the Moon! How ya' feeling California!" Nick shouted into the mic enthusiastically.

Blake shot some pretty good shots of the band and felt proud of herself. The angles were perfect the lighting was brilliant and her models weren't that bad looking. The set was winding down and the band had one last song before they left.

"This last song is called Just Another One! Sing it if you know it!"

"Please give it up for John O' from The Maine! Who is going to help us out with a few vocals!"

His name echoed in her head, she felt the profound euphoric that was consuming her body. The crowd grew louder and everybody rushed forward trying to get a better look. Blake smiled, not knowing what else to do and set her camera down and admired his singing.

"Cause she can't
Ever fall in love
Cause this is who she is
And this is all she knows"

Blake's smile grew wider and her desire for him was coming back. He winked at her and walked off the stage leaving all the girls screaming for his return. The set ended and Blake walked away oblivious to the world around her. She dug her phone out of her pocket and pressed one for speed dial and pressed the phone to her ear. It rung four times when she picked up.

"Hey Babe."

"Tara, we have a issue."

"What might that be?"

Blake took a deep breath, "I was invited to a bus party."

Her best friend laughed on the other end, "You're kidding right? Whats so bad about that?"

"I'm going to be awkward and nobody's going to talk to me." Blake groaned and waved her arms.

"Bitch, how many times do I have to tell you this. You are hot and amazing. Any guy would be lucky to be with you. Now I command you to release your inner slut!"

Blake smiled, "I hate you."

"Love you too boo. Have fun, okay?"

"Sure."

"You go round up those men! Be sexy!"

Blake closed her phone and sat on a nearby bench. This was good, parties are suppose to be fun. She worked for Substream and is touring around the world. How many people can say that. This party is going to be great. Nothing can go wrong, nothing, right?

Blake knocked on the bus door and was greeted by loud music and the smell of alcohol. Nick jumped in front of her a red cup in his hand and a bit tipsy.

"You made it!" He said enveloping her in a hug.

John watched closely as she made her way onto the bus. Her hair flowed perfectly with every step she took. He took a sip of his beer and ran a hand through his hair; he missed her. Blake quickly drew her attention to John who was leaning against a doorway. She met with his eyes and he quickly averted her gaze. John didn't want to make the same mistake he made with her. Blake frowned and went to go get a drink.

"Oi! Camera girl!"

She turned around and was met with a black haired boy with a very prominent British accent. John watched as she talked with Josh. A rare feeling of jealously shot through him, he shook it off and went to the back. Blake turned around to find him but he was gone, just like that. He didn't even acknowledge her presence.

"Are you listening?" Asked the boy in front of her, confused.

"Uh, yeah. You were saying?" She said clearly uninterested.

"I said, I'm Josh, nice to meet you." Josh said extending his hand and taking a good look of Blake's features. To her bright eyes, her wavy brown hair and the awkwardness that was about to arise.

Blake shook his hand loosely , "Blake."

"You are bloody beautiful." Josh said quite quickly,daring to take a step closer.

She looked back at the doorway, he still wasn't there. She inhaled sharply and turned her attention back to Josh. She was about to do something that well Tara would be proud of to say the least. John made his way back into the front and immediately noticed she was gone. John let out a sigh, a sigh of confusion, a sigh of relief, a sigh of desperation.

"Is anyone on your bus?" Blake said sounding too exasperated.

"No, no one should be there." Josh said eagerly pulling Blake closer.

Why I'm I doing this? Blake thought to herself, You're doing it because you're hot and have every right to! Blake heard Tara saying. She slightly smiled to herself for a nano-second and came back to reality. She was already in his Bus, they were making their way through the dark aisle that lead to the bunks. Josh came closer to her, resting his hand on her hips.

"Looks like we've reached our destination."

Blake was silent, thinking, contemplating on what exactly to do next. Then it hit her like a freight train.
She grabbed Josh by his shirt, her hands slightly shaking, bringing him closer to her. Their faces inches apart from each other. Then she said it, the words that made her feel infinite.

"Tell me Josh, have you done anything crazy lately?"
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm pretty proud of where this story is going, so please give me some feedback!

x