Do What You Do

if I could keep up

The beating sun hit Blake’s face, she made her way through the heavily stoned crowd to get to her next band. Her cameras gently bounced against her as she picked up her pace. She reached the barricade and flashed her wristband to the security guard. The band was about to go on, this band was different. Blake had never shot them but they were to talk of the town, primarily for their accents.
The lead singer strutted across the stage and reached for the mic. “Thanks for joining us so early warped tour!” The band began to join in and the music started to come alive through the speakers. “Let’s get this shit started, we are Bring Me the Horizon!” Blake quickly snapped away, making sure to shoot every single member. When she was content with her shots she went backstage to enjoy the rest of the set.

Josh watched as Blake made her way backstage. She looked up and made eye contact with Josh and gave him a smile. Josh half-smiled still upset for catching her with none other than John O’Callaghan.

“Don’t tell me every band from the UK knows each other.” Blake said as she made her way next to Josh.

“You haven’t heard about our super secret club?” Josh said smiling sarcastically.

Blake rolled her eyes and let out a laugh, “Does it include a tea membership?”

“Very clever.” Josh said “They are actually bloody good, they’re mates.”

“What time do you guys play?” Blake asked as she moved the sweaty hair that clung to her neck up into a bun.

Josh stared as she swiftly twisted her hair up into a messy bun. He snapped out of it and back to reality, “We close the night.” He said flatly.

Blake furrowed her eyebrows, “Who put shit in your coffee this morning?” Blake grabbed Josh’s arm, Josh complied as Blake led him out and they made their way once again through the crowd.

John woke up and looked at the clock, it flashed back at him, “11:20am” He groaned and rolled over to be met with another body. He made his way over her, and put on his pants and decided to go shirtless. Kennedy sat on the couch, “You’re just going to leave her there?” John shrugged and made his way out. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Blake and Josh walking buddy buddy to the You me at Six bus. John stopped in his tracks and turned, walking toward them. “Blake!” He called out. Blake turned around to John calling her and walking her way. “Great.” Josh muttered under his breath. Blake shoved his side, “Play nice.” Josh let out a forced laugh and shifted uncomfortably.

“Hey.” Blake said flatly as John reached the pair.

“Hot, ain’t it?” John said smirking at Blake.

“Talking about the weather is so American.” Josh said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Blake let out a small laugh. “Didn’t know you were a comedian now, Franceschi.” John said rolling his eyes.

“Why don’t we get out of here.” John said pulling Blake by the waist toward him. Blake’s body went completely stiff.

“You can’t just have her whenever you want, you dick.” Josh said reaching back for Blake.

“We’ll see about that.” John said, wrapping his arm around Blake’s hip. Josh stared at Blake waiting for an explanation or for her to slap John in the face. She kept her head low and mouthed, “Sorry.” Josh was left in disbelief as John took Blake back to her bus with his hand all over her.

“Fucking twat.” Josh said angrily as he stormed off into his own bus.

∆∆∆

John let go of Blake once they were out of sight of Josh. “What the hell, John?!” Blake yelled as she threw her arms in the air. “Calm down, love." John said feigning a British accent. “What do you even want?” Blake spat at him.

“I like it when you get angry.” John said as he pinned her up against a random bus. He ran his hand down her neck and rested it right above her hipbones. “John.” She groaned trying to wiggle her way out. John O’Callaghan, there was something intoxicating about him that Blake couldn’t resist. She was falling in love with a bad boy, he woke things in her no one could. She still couldn’t help to think about Josh. John cut her thought off by kissing her hard and she lost her fingers in his hair. John smiled against her lips and scooped her up in his arms. “John! Put me down, christ.” He ignored her and led them to her bus.

Josh laid down on the couch in the bus with his hands crossed in front of him. He wanted Blake, badly. She had lied to him and is clearly under the spell of John. He scoffed at the thought and got up to see if the kraken had released his victim. Josh didn’t find Blake, she had been M.I.A all day and it was about time for him to go on stage. He was not in the mood to do anything and reluctantly made his way to the stage. It was a big crowd, bigger than any of the dates before. Josh closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He said nothing and they went into their first song.

Blake hurried towards the stage, she was going to be late to the set. Out of breath she flashed her wristband and made her way between the barricade and the stage. She smiled as Josh hadn’t noticed her, he was bouncing across the stage. She snapped a few photos of him and she caught his eyes. He gave her a weak smile and carried the rest of the song with fiery passion. Blake was left with her mouth wide open as Josh sang into the mic, while the crowd belted the lyrics back.

“Josh that was fucking amazing!” Blake said excitedly as he walked off the stage drenched in sweat.

“Blake! Why don’t you come round for a drink with us.” Max said draping his arm around her neck.

“Yeah come out with us, love!” Dan chimed in wiping the sweat from his face with a towel.

Blake looked towards Josh and he just shrugged. Blake was taken aback and frowned. “You guys go ahead, Josh and I will catch up.” She said as she grabbed Josh’s hand.

“Kiss kiss, love.” Dan winked at her and Josh.

“Can we talk, Josh?” Blake pleaded, Josh simply nodded.

They walked hand in hand towards her bus, since everyone in her bus were raging partiers. They were always gone and the bus was mostly left to herself. They sat on the couch and Blake brought her knees up to her chest.

“Josh I am so sorry.” She said rubbing the back of her neck.

“You don’t have to explain yourself, Blake. You’re a big girl you are free to do as you please.”

“Josh, I care about you a lot.” She placed her hand on Josh’s thigh and he felt the air thicken.

“Blake, I-.” Josh stammered trying to compose himself.

“John and I have history and it’s always been a familiar feeling but the feeling is not always consistent.” Blake said out of breath.

Blake had made her way closer to Josh, she had a new found confidence about her. She placed her hand behind Josh’s neck. He moved closer as well and placed his hand on the small of her back. She let out a shaky breath and looked down at her knees. Josh sensed this new confident Blake, there was a certain aura to her that was drawing him even deeper. Josh wanted to kiss her ferociously and pull her on top of him. He wanted to explore every inch of her body and let his hands wander. Instead they both sat there in silence as the air thickened more and more. The tension had risen when they locked eyes and their heads moved closer towards each others, Josh’s lips twitched with anticipation.
♠ ♠ ♠
is this thing on?