Do What You Do

with that machine that's in my body

Josh turned his head away and pulled back. Blake furrowed her eyebrows and gave him a small smile. “Blake, I can’t just be here whenever you feel confused.” He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. “I want to be there for you I really do, I care about you.” His eyes softened and he rested his hand on her thigh. “I hate to see John just use you for your body. I know you guys have history but fuck, he is a dick. I need you to see that.” He removed his hand from Blake’s lap and rested his hands on his own lap and looked at Blake’s puzzled face, waiting for a response of any kind.

Blake closed her eyes to think and frowned. She looked up at Josh looking back at her, his eyes looked especially green. She bit her lip and gulped not knowing what to say.

“You do see that, don’t you?” Josh asked quizzically

Blake took a deep inhale and a deep exhale. “Josh, Josh-y.”

“Oh, Christ don’t call me that.” He said forcing himself not to smile.

“I love you, Josh.” She said wholeheartedly and grabbed his hand.

“But, you’re not in love with me.” He said removing his hand from Blake’s hold.

She gently shook her head not wanting to look into his eyes anymore.

“Yes John, is…eccentric.” She paused and was careful with the words she was going to chose. “We have been through a lot together and I can’t just leave him.”

“He has left you, without a doubt. Love is not measured by time.” Josh said now squeezing the bridge of his nose.

“I’ve let him see my soul, he knows everything about me.” Blake sighed.

“Are you sure you know everything about him?” Josh said raising an eyebrow at her.

“What would you know, Josh? What do you even know about any of this?” Blake said exasperated, she paused and realized what she had just said. “Josh - I.”

Josh stood up and shook his head, he even let out a small laugh. “This is ridiculous. If you want to go fuck up your life go ahead, why should I care.”

“Josh, please — “ Blake said standing up and stuffing her hands into her pockets.

“I don’t want to hear it anymore, Blake. Please, just….leave.”

Tears began to fall down Blake’s face. What had she done, she hurt the one person that actually cared. This time he wasn’t going to come catch her.

“Josh, no. Don’t do this.” She said frantically grabbing his arm.

“Blake, don’t make this hard. You’ve already decided there is no going back.” Josh calmly removed Blake's hand from his arm and began walking away.

“Fuck.” Josh said looking at the clock. “I’m going to be late to the signing.” Josh walked out of the bus but before closing the door he looked back at Blake. She stood there her hair frazzled, tears falling down her cheeks. She was chewing on her lip and her breathing became a little faster. She took deep breathes in and out, the rise and fall of her chest noticeable. He looked into her eyes and sighed. Then he was gone and Blake was standing in the middle of the bus, the tears hadn’t stopped
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, 8 months since the last update. Let's not have that happen again ;)