'Til Death Do Us Part

Cora

My arm burned not that I really cared or even acknowledged the pain in my arm, but it was there none the less. He pulled he needle out of my arm and I could feel the liquefied drug began to spread through my body, making me feel warm all over. My breathing began to slow, as I watched Jamie shoot up next to me. His eyes were already blood shot, he was wasted, I had no Idea how we were going to perform tonight, but I don’t think either of us cared. He traced small figure eights with his finger across my exposed collar bone. His lips touched mine as he kissed me forcefully, not that he was more than a guitar player to me but I was way to drugged up to push him off of me. He pushed a strand of my long jet black hair out of my face as, before we both glanced to the door.

“Jami, get the hell out of here” Ryan rolled his eyes as he grabbed Jamie harshly, carelessly tossing him out of the room.

He knelt down in front of me though my vision was slightly blurred I could still make out both of his arms sleeved in tattoos and his shaggy dirty blonde hair that covered his eyes. He tossed his hair, which seemed slightly slower to me than it actually was. He gently picked me up off the ground helping me to my chair in front of my vanity mirror in my dressing room. Ryan reminded me a lot of my older brother, he cared about me, he was probably the only person who actually cared what happened to me. He took my wrists into his hands gently washing the blood on each wrist with a damp cloth.

“You got to stop cutting yourself” he sighed “It’s not helping you, and if I catch Jamie shooting you up again he’s out of the band” he stated firmly, but his tone stayed calm and gentle.

I ripped my wrists away “Why don’t you leave the band.” I hissed, though I was unsure why I had attacked him like that, but he knew better as he simply grabbed my wrists again continuing to, clean them up and ignoring my comment all together.

“Were up in ten minutes get dressed.” He said heading out of the room.

I studied myself in the mirror, my pail skin was ashy, an unnatural tent I had developed from my drug habit. I flicked my lighter on the flame dancing about, as I lit the cigarette in my mouth. The flame of the lighter causing my deep aqua eyes to sparkle. I coated my eyes with thick black liner and brushed my leashes with raven colored mascara. I stumbled to my closet as I took a long drag of my cigarette I grabbed my black corset slipping it on. The corset showing off a large amount of cleavage, I took another drag as I slipped on my skin tight dark purple skinny jeans, followed by my 6 inch black heels that I
wasn’t entirely sure I should be wearing. I let my jet black hair hang pin straight, my hair touching just shy of my hips.

I made my way down the hallway trying my hardest to walk straight as I made my way to the back door of the stage. Playing here every night paid the bills but it got boring after a while. I didn’t bother to turn when I heard three voices coming from behind me, I knew who they were. I brushed my fingers through my hair as the guys made their way through the door going on to the stage. Ryan stopped looking me over. His silver gray eyes were full of worry that he tried to hide.

“You sure you’re going to be alright…we can cancel the show” he said rubbing my arm gently, in a caring brotherly manor, asking the question like he did every night.

“I’m fine” I breathed still not completely there.

“Alright, well try and sober up a bit…I have some friends I want you to meet after the show” he smirked “I think you would really like them” he sighed as he heard the DJ starting to announce us. He opened the door walking on stage and as the door closed I could see him take his seat behind the drum set.

Ryan cued the other two by starting the hard, rock beat.. My signal to join them on stage, the crowed seemed bigger than normal tonight, as I looked out smirking a bit as I started to sing. My voice had a natural raspy Joan Jet feel to it. Everyone seemed to head bang in unison and a lot of them seemed to have my songs memorized which surprised me. The club seemed foggy, a side effect from the mixed smoke of cigarettes, weed, and cigars.

About half way through the show I took the Microphone out of the Mic stand, placing the mic stand to the side, my thoughts were clearer as the drugs in my system had started to fade out. “How is everyone doing tonight” I smirked as the crowd cheered loudly “I said…How the fuck is everyone doing tonight” the crowd cheered louder. “That’s better…I want to thank you all for coming out tonight. My names Cora, the brilliant guitarist to my left here is Jamie. The amazing bass player to my right is Arex, and last but not least the founding father of the band, on drums, Ryan.” I introduced the band “And for those of you who don’t know us or weren’t paying attention in the beginning were Moonlit Massacre” my voice almost seemed forlorn, like it wasn’t me standing up there.

We closed off the show with a few more songs before we headed back stage to the lounge. I lit a cigarette as Arex handed me a beer. “I’ll be right back, I’m going to go get my friends alright” Ryan said speaking to the three of us though only looking at me as he headed out.