Status: slowly but surely, hang in there with me!

I'm Nothing Without You

a beautiful destraction

I could feel the steady rhythm of Brendon's breathing against my back as he slept quietly beside me. His arm was draped over my middle and our fingers were intertwined. Memories from only a few hours ago played in my mind on repeat as I lay there next to the man of my dreams. I never thought that I would have fallen in love so fast with someone I had just met a few weeks ago. The funny thing is, I was okay with it.
I felt Brendon's breath against my neck as he yawned and he squeezed my hand gently letting me know that he was awake. I turned my head to look back at his smiling face.
“Hey, pretty girl.” He cooed staring into my eyes. I felt my stomach leap into my throat and he kissed my lips softly sending shivers down my spine. I pulled the covers around me and smiled back at him.
“Sleep well?” I asked playfully as he ran his calloused fingers through my curly hair.
“Like a baby.” He chuckled kissing me on my forehead. The moment was cut short as his phone buzzed loudly on the night stand.
He groaned and glanced at the glowing screen. “It's my mom.”
I sat upright, holding the linen sheets around my chest, and wondered briefly if Aunt Rae and Uncle Kale were back from the party.
“Hello?” Brendon's voice sobered quickly.
There was a pause on Brendons end and then he muttered, “I'm just out, mom.”
Another pause. “All that party was...was dad and his business partners getting drunk and bickering over who had the most money.”
I smirked over at Brendon who was now sliding on his jeans. “I'm not being difficult, Mom.”
Hearing Brendon talk to his mom made me realize that I never had that opportunity. Sure, I had Spencer...but it wasn't the same.
Brendon glanced over at me and winked as he slid on his white v-neck. “I will be home soon.”
He shoved his phone into his back pocket and then crawled back onto the bed. He leaned his forehead against mine and ran his fingertips over my cheek. “I really wish I could stay here with you, but I should head back next door.”
I wrapped my hands around his middle and pulled him on top of me. “Don't leave me!”
He laughed and slid his hands down to my sides. Before I knew it, he was tickling me and we were rolling around on the bed screaming and laughing like we were 10.
“Brendon, stop!” I barely got out between fits of giggles as he straddled my middle. He stopped abruptly and gazed down at me.
I instantly felt self-concious as he stared down at me.
“What?” I asked trying to hide the fact that I was starting to blush.
Brendon brushed my mess of curls out of my face and smiled down at me. “You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.”
Looking into his eyes, there was no doubt in my mind that I was in love with him. I opened my mouth to say it, I wanted the words to just roll off of my tongue. I love you, Brendon. Four words, it wasn't that hard to say. My mind instantly went to Ryan and how just a few days before I had spontaneously slept with him. I suddenly felt the urge to vomit and I rolled out from underneath Brendon and ran into the bathroom.
“Camellia?” Brendon ran to my side and rubbed my back gently as I leaned over the toilet.
“I'm sorry.” I mumbled, struggling to hold back tears.
Brendon wrapped me in his arms and I buried my face in his chest. All I could say was , “I'm sorry.”
“It's okay, baby.” Brendon whispered into my hair. It killed me to know that he had no idea. It killed me to know that he was here for me.
“I think you should go.” My voice was barely audible but I knew Brendon had heard me because his entire body tensed up.
“Are you sure?” He held me out at arms length and studied my face as a look of concern washed over his own.
I nodded pulling myself up as he stood up from the hard tile floor. “I'm okay, I just think I need to get some rest.”
I needed to remember why I was here in the first place. I needed to figure out what Spencer was hiding from me and I needed worry about Ryan later.
Brendon nodded and kissed my forehead. “Call me, okay?”
I smiled at him softly and he wrapped me in his arms once more before disappearing into my room and down the stairs. After splashing my face with cold water, I walked back into my room and glanced at my phone.
Ryans name flashed on the screen and I sighed heavily. I knew that I needed to talk to him sooner or later, especially now that Brendon was in the picture. I stared at my phone as it continued to buzz. I reached over and pressed the red 'end' button and turned my phone on silent.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it has been so long since I have posted and I'm also sorry that this is so short. I have a good excuse: I am in college now! Yay! If you guys liked this then please let me know because I will keep writing if you do!
XOXO