Captivated

005

Liam glanced at the clock in the gym. Eleven o’clock. It was fairly close to the time he came last time, but Alyssa had been here before him then. He didn’t know how long to wait for her; he had no idea if she was coming or if she even saw his tweets. The gym was open twenty-four hours though, and he’d wait here until eleven o’clock tomorrow night if he had to.

The gym employees were already looking at him kind of funny, seeing as he was fully dressed and just standing around, alternating glances between the door and the clock every thirty seconds.

He had wanted to call Alyssa the next day after he left over a month ago, but he had been in a rush to get to an interview and couldn’t find her phone number quick enough. He and the boys were shuffled from location to location, and somewhere in the mix, he reckoned he lost it. By the time he was fully free to look for the number and call her, it was long gone.

Liam hadn’t wanted her to know who he was at first, but after Twitter became his only option to reach out to her, he desperately prayed that Aimee had informed Alyssa of his identity and she somehow stumbled upon his tweets. She never contacted him however, which made him nervous. Either she didn’t see the tweets, or she did and was angry at him anyways.

He wouldn’t blame her if she was. He was kind of shady about his whole character, and all he could think about was how he wished he had a second chance to be more honest with her. It had been a long time since he had last spoken to her, and he wondered if she had started dating anyone.

Jealousy mixed with anxiety bubbled up in his throat, and he forced it back down by telling himself he had no possession over this girl. He had spent a grand total of twenty-four hours with her, tops, and he felt like a creep even thinking that he somehow deserved her more than any other bloke. He let out a slow breath, desperately feeling the need to release some tension.

---

Alyssa sat in her car, having not moved for ten minutes. She hadn’t even cut the engine yet. She was sitting in the gym parking lot, debating whether or not she should drive away. Part of her was warmed by the fact that Liam didn’t completely blow her off and wanted to see her again, but the other part wanted to flee the scene. Trying to make a long distance relationship work was one thing, but a long distance relationship with a famous boy band singer? Alyssa wasn’t sure she could handle something like that.

She realized that she should at least go inside and talk to Liam about her feelings, instead of completely leaving him hanging. She remembered how she felt when she thought Liam had done the same to her, and she figured she owed him at least a verbal explanation.

The first step towards the gym was confident, but with every subsequent step Alyssa felt more and more like bolting. She finally pushed herself through the front doors, forcing a smile at that damn skinny bitch that was always behind the counter. She glanced quickly around the large, open space, seeing it mostly empty.

He wasn’t here.

Soft thumps to her right caught her attention, and she realized it was the sound of fists hitting a punching bag. Alyssa stepped around the corner, bringing the bag into sight.

And there he was.

Striking the bag with uppercuts and jabs like his life depended on it. It was clear he didn’t come prepared to work out, seeing as he was shirtless with a pair of faded blue jeans hanging loosely on his waist. His black t-shirt was tucked into the back pocket of his jeans, revealing every glorious muscle.

“I hate you,” she said aloud, biting her lip and walking straight toward him determinedly. Liam suddenly stopped and stared up at her, gobsmacked, and the abruptness of his suspension of motion caused the momentum of the punching bag to swing back and knock into him. Liam grunted but pushed the bag to the side as Alyssa bee-lined for him.

He went to open his mouth to begin to explain everything about the last few weeks, but just as she was within arm’s reach he caught the look on her face and noticed she wasn’t ready to converse with him. He caught her easily, lifting her up and holding her tight as she wrapped her legs around him like she had done twice before just a month prior. They kissed like they hadn’t seen each other in years though, which is why no one said anything to either of them.

A few people clapped and whistled, but the cat calls is what made Liam finally pull away with a shy smile. “If that’s how you greet people you hate…”

“Oh shut up,” she chuckled, kissing him again. It was much shorter and sweeter this time, Liam softly setting her down and pulling his shirt back over his head. He grabbed her hand and tugged her out of the building, motioning to his car.

“The last time I was here I had gotten dropped off by a tour manager but this time since I’ll be here for a while I rented my own car. How about I follow you home this time? Unless you want to go out somewhere? I don’t really know what’s open at this time around here,” Liam rambled before freezing. “Unless you know, you don’t want to go anywhere with me. Which I would completely understand.”

Alyssa almost laughed at the worried and hopeful expression on his face, pulling her hand out of his and walking backwards with a teasing look. “Try and keep up, yeah?” Relief melted onto Liam’s features and he grinned, jogging over to his car and getting inside quickly.

Aimee stood in the doorway of the kitchen, tucking the magazine she was holding under her arm and reaching over to the counter to grab her late-night bowl of cereal she had just poured. Just as she walked out of the room and lifted a spoonful to her mouth on the way to her bedroom, Alyssa and Liam tumbled through the doorway.

Aimee was frozen, cereal spilling off the spoon that was raised halfway to her mouth. “Uh,” was the only sound she found herself able to make. Liam opened his eyes, having been the only one of the couple that had heard her, and detached his lips from Alyssa.

“Wha-” Alyssa followed Liam’s sheepish gaze, seeing her roommate trying not to smile. “Oh. Heh. Hey Aim.”

“Don’t mind me, just getting a midnight snack,” she grinned, continuing on her path to her room. “Nice to see you again, Liam.”

“You as well, Aimee,” he nodded, waving as she closed her bedroom door. Alyssa turned back around, giving him an apologetic smile. “Don’t worry about it,” he waved off before she could say anything.

“I actually need to talk to her real quick, so go ahead and make yourself comfortable and I’ll be right back, okay?” Liam nodded and Alyssa scampered over to the front door, closing and locking it since it had been forgotten in their haste to get inside. She smiled at Liam once more before darting into Aimee’s room, slipping inside and collapsing back against the door as if she were fighting to keep rabid dogs at bay.

“Jesus fucking Christ,” Aimee grumbled, falling over against her bedside table. She had been in the middle of putting silk shorts on, since she had just been caught in her underwear around Liam Payne again and didn’t want it happening a third time. “What the fuck is it with you and him catching me off guard all the time? And why are you even fucking in here?!”

“I know, I know. I’m assuming you thought I’d be with Liam at his hotel or something seeing as you were walking around here half naked, and you did say you weren’t going to wait up. But nothing’s going according to plan and I brought him back here because-”

“Alyssa,” Aimee interrupted, holding her hand up. “You’re rambling. I meant why are you in my room, and not out there, sucking face with Liam Payne?”

“Oh. Well I needed to talk to you. I’m freaking out Aimee. I went to meet him because I wanted to talk to him and set the record straight that we should just…you know. Not get together. It would be easier if we just forgot about each other. But then I walked into the gym and there he was, shirtless and sweaty and hitting the punching bag…”

After a few moments of silence, Aimee gestured to Alyssa to continue. “Keep going, please. It’s starting to get good.”

Alyssa glared, restraining herself from stomping her foot. “I’m serious Aimee! I saw him and all my thoughts went out the window and I kissed him and well…well now we’re here.”

“I’m missing the point on how this is a bad thing,” Aimee blinked. Receiving another glare, Aimee held up her hands in defense. “I just don’t know what you’re so worried about. Like, getting your heart broken? Sweetie, I think it’d be worse if you didn’t start something with him. I know you, and I know you’ll constantly be wondering about what could have been. He didn’t have to come back for you, Lyss. That’s got to count for something,” Aimee finished softly. “Talk to him.”

“That’s just the problem. Whenever we try, we don’t end up doing much talking,” Alyssa groaned.

“Talk later then,” Aimee smirked, pushing Alyssa toward the door. “And when you do, feel free to shamelessly plug that I’m single.”

Before Alyssa could reply, she was shoved out of Aimee’s bedroom and the door was closed loudly behind her. Alyssa chuckled and moved into the living room, frowning when she saw it was empty. “Liam?” She called out quietly. Hearing no answer, the insecure voice in Alyssa’s head told her that he escaped while he had the chance.

She shook her head and walked into her bedroom, seeing Liam dozing off on her bed. She almost jumped in surprise, the voice in her head having convinced her that he was long gone. Liam shook himself awake, having been coherent enough to hear the floorboards creak as she entered the room. “Hey, sorry. It’s been a long day,” he grinned, sitting up and stretching a bit.

He crossed the room to her; gathering her in his arms and tilting her head up so his lips could meet hers easily. “Long day?” She questioned when he pulled back.

Liam nodded, pushing the door closed and pulling Alyssa further into the room. His arms went around her again, resting above her butt and lacing his fingers together. “Yeah we uh, me and the boys, that is, had an interview earlier. Right after that we had a signing, and then after that wrapped I hopped on a plane. We have some free time until our next engagement, and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with mine.”

Alyssa smiled, blushing as she bit her lip. “Yeah, do you want to explain the part about how you’re a pop star, or…?”

Liam groaned, making Alyssa laugh. “I’m sorry about that. It’s just, when I realized you didn’t know who I was, it was just easier. You were into me for me, and I liked that. But then I lost your number and all I could do was pray like hell that you figured out who I was. So I wasn’t you know, tweeting to thin air.”

“You were actually. Aimee didn’t find your tweets until earlier today,” Alyssa informed him.

“Part of me actually hoped that was the case, because the alternative was that you were reading my requests to contact me and were ignoring them. I couldn’t rule that possibility out, because in my head it seemed very plausible that you’d be angry at me for lying to you.”

“You didn’t lie,” Alyssa shook her head, rubbing her hands along his shoulders.

“I didn’t exactly tell the truth, either,” Liam argued. Alyssa felt butterflies in her stomach, wondering how a guy as sweet as him even existed.

“I should probably tell you that I only came to the gym to tell you we shouldn’t start anything. Any kind of relationship will just get messy and complicated, and one of us is bound to get hurt,” Alyssa sighed.

“And why didn’t you? What changed?”

“What changed is I walked in and saw you, all muscles and sweat and intense,” she whispered, moving her massaging hands down to his chest. She felt the muscles she had just been talking about tighten at her touch, and all she wanted was to feel them without his cotton shirt in the way.

“So I’m guessing you liked what you saw then?” Liam responded, his voice just as quiet as hers. Alyssa smiled up at him, and Liam watched as it started innocently and slowly morphed into something more lascivious. She leaned up and pressed her lips to his jaw, working her way up to his earlobe as she nibbled on it softly. Liam mumbled incoherently, putting a steadying arm on the bannister of her bed. “I hope this means you’ve changed your mind? That you’re willing to give me a chance?”

“I think at this point I’d be pretty dumb not to take a chance on such a great guy,” Alyssa pulled back and looked into his eyes. This time it was he who was blushing, and he leaned in quickly to kiss her in order to hide it. Alyssa chuckled into the kiss, moving her hands under his shirt and lifting it. Liam took the hint and removed it completely, tossing it aside and immediately ripping hers off afterwards.

Their lips connected once more as they collapsed onto her bed, wiggling out of the rest of their clothes. “We still have a lot to discuss,” Alyssa half moaned as Liam kissed her neck.

“Mhm,” he agreed, reaching under her to work on her bra.

“Also, just so you know, you better be ready to sing to me in the morning.”

Liam laughed, kissing the tops of her breasts. “I promise,” he murmured. “And I promise to get you and Aimee some tickets and backstage passes to a show. I have to thank her properly tomorrow. She knew who I was all along and kept it private for me, until she somehow inexplicably knew I wanted you to know the truth.”

“Cook her breakfast tomorrow and she’ll be good to go,” Alyssa sighed, arching her back as Liam unhooked her bra and dragged it off of her. “Also I’m supposed to tell you, she’s single. So if there’s anyone you can think of…”

Liam pulled his mouth away from Alyssa’s collarbone and regarded her for a moment, looking thoughtful. “Oh, definitely,” he said, coming up with the perfect match in his mind. “I think that can be arranged. Now that you’ve laid a few of your ground rules, I’d like to lay one of my own.”

“Okay.”

“No more talking about anyone or anything else until we finally finish what we started in that sauna,” he insisted, running his hands along her curves. He looked into her eyes, giving her that deep puppy stare that she was beginning to grow quite fond of.

“I think that can be arranged as well,” she echoed, captivated by his gaze. His mouth broke into a slow smile as he leaned down to kiss her softly, finally feeling at ease.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, there it is, the last chapter! I hope you all enjoyed it, especially you Alyssa since it was all for youuuu boobear. I'd love to hear all your thoughts, so drop me a comment!

Also, Leah is writing an awesome Harry story that references this one, so for a little extra "Captivated"-ness you should go check it out here!!

Thank you all for reading this!! I'm planning to do a lot more 1D related writing in the future, so who knows, maybe a sequel is in order? :)