Sequel: This Modern Love

And I Know It's a Wonderful World

20

"You guys just started dating." Hayley said glaring at Josh who was ease dropping. She quickly closed the curtain to her bunk and turned on the light.

"I know, but now I'm thinking this is a really bad idea. I like him a lot but, I don't know. Just something inside me doesn't feel right." Hayley stared at Katie for a few seconds and then sighed.

"I have no idea what to tell you."

"I have no idea what to do!" They both fell back against opposite walls and tried to ponder the Dilemma.

"Hey, I have an idea." They heard muffled through the curtains. Josh's head appeared in the gap between the curtain and wall.

"Go out with him, and see what happens. The worst that could happen is you don't talk to anyone in the band and go back to the way you used to." Josh shrugged his shoulders, as we both stared at him in awe.

"I know I'm so smart." Right after he said that Katie's cell phone went off. She looked at it a couple of times in shock. Monica's picture appeared on the screen and so did her cell phone.

"I need to take this." She said pushing Josh aside and answering the phone, to tell Monica to hold on.

"Okay." She sighed into the phone.

" I am so sorry. I feel like the worst friend on the planet. You should seriously be mad at me."

"I'm not mad, I'm upset. I didn't know why you weren't calling me." Katie heard her sigh into the phone and move.

"Charlie's mom passed away and he's not doing so good." Her voice was shushed and Katie let out a sigh. She leaned against the bus, and stared at her shoes.

"Oh gosh." Was all she could say.

"I know, it's hard. I've never seen him like this. I just don't know what to do." Katie could hear her voice quiver through the phone.

"I'm coming home. I'll get the next flight out." Katie said already walking back to her bus.

"Don't be stupid. As much as I want you here, don't." She let out a long sigh. "On other news. How's the whole Alex thing going?"

Katie wanted to talk more about Charlie, but she knew Monica didn't. So Katie told her about Jack, and how she hated both of them, and how Alex asked her out and she said yes, and only a few hours later she'll already questioning if she made the right choice.

"Ditch him. He's bad news, Katie."

"I know, but this is what I wanted for so long, and now that I have it I hate it."

"Isn't that a sign that maybe you want something else."

"Maybe. How's Steve?"

"Oh Steve? He's been really bitchy lately, keeps saying how he doesn't-" there was some wrestling noises, and a 'give me that' but Monica was no longer on the phone.

"Katie." Steve sighed her name into the phone as he waited for her to say something.

"Uh hey, Steve." Steve could tell she didn't want to talk to him, but he's been dying to hear her speak. He's been wanting to call but never had the chance, or the guts.

"I miss you so much." Katie couldn't help but smile. Even though Steve was a complete asshole in her mind. The little things he said made up for it.

"I miss you too." When Katie turned around she saw Zack standing a few yards away from her, almost glaring at her. She quickly turned around and told Steve she had to go before she hung up, and walked in the opposite direction. The last thing Katie needed was for Zack to ride her case.

A roadie was talking to Zack as he watched Katie talk on her phone. She looked right at him and then walked the other way. It was clear that she was either hiding something, or was just getting sick of being friends with him. Of course her being sick of him was the only logical answer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I know I've bent throwing these up like crazy, but this is going to be the last one for a while. I still have all my other stories to put up here. BUT maybe if some more people were like Clandestine xx and actually told me they liked my story I'd update.
=)