Sequel: This Modern Love

And I Know It's a Wonderful World

5

Katie hung up the phone stunned. She set it down on the nightstand and plopped down next to Monica.

"So, is my little Katie going to Warped Tour?" Monica asked as she looked over at Katie. She knew the story of those four boys but she never thought that she would speak to one of them. She thought they were out of Katie's life for good.

"No. Why would I go? You know how awkward that would be? The last time I saw them was with tears running down my face." No longer feeling tired, Katie stood up and headed towards the door.

"So what? You can go back and be miss super star Katie. Act like you never needed that Alex kid. I mean you got Steve now. You'd be the hot body he can't touch." Monica knew that Katie wanted nothing more than to make Alex pay for what he did to her. Katie looked at Monica with questioning eyes.

"Come on, Katie!" Monica jumped up and ran to Katie's closet. She pulled out Katie's big duffel bag and went to her draws for clothes.

"We'll pack you clothes that would make any guy drool."

"Who said I wanted to pack?!" Katie said removing all the lace lingerie that Monica was throwing in the bag.

"Why is Katie packing?" Both Monica and Katie wiped their heads around to look at Steve standing in the door frame.

"I'm not." Katie said rushing over to her dresser and pushing all the lingerie back into it.

"Katie got invited to go on Warped Tour with her old friends and she's going." Monica insisted pulling out the clothes again and putting them in.

"No I'm not!" Katie said louder dumping out the clothes that were in the bag.

"Is the guy on the phone who you're going with?" Steve stood in the door frame looking at Katie with sad eyes. They never dated but everyone knew they both liked each other. Some nights they exchanged drunken kisses that meant the world to Steve.

"No because I'm not going." Katie said looking at Steve and then Monica.

"Well what are you going to say when they come to pick you up? Oh sorry I'm to big of a pansy to even face Alex so I'm just going to stay here?" Monica asked putting her hands on her hips for a moment and then going back to packing Katie's clothes.

"Alex? The guy you liked? That's who you're going with?" Steve looked down at his finger nails. Even though everyone knew Katie and Steve liked each other, everyone also knew that Katie still had feelings for Alex. Even if they didn't know him.

"I'm not going with anyone!" Katie said throwing down her clothes. She stormed off pushing past Steve in the doorway. He turned to watch her go down the hall and practically rip her keys of the hook. She wiped opened the door and slammed it just as fast.
Steve turned towards Monica who was standing there with a shocked face.

"Maybe I pushed her a little to far." She mumbled picking up the clothes on the floor and folding them.

"Why do you want her to go? She came to Chicago to get away from them not to take a break and go back. She said so herself she was here to stay." Steve said finally walking into the room and helping Monica fold Katie's clothes.

"What's up with Katie? She seems pissed." Charlie finally entered the room rubbing the back of his neck.

"Monica is trying to get Katie together with that Alex kid." Steve said shooting a glare at Monica. He couldn't understand why Monica was pushing her away.

"I am not! She just needs to face he problems and not hide from them in Chicago. Steve we all know you like her. I'm not trying to push her away from you. But she picked up and left with out giving them any reason. This is her chance to give them a reason and shove us in there faces." She said pointing at all three of them.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Charlie asked slightly laughing at his girlfriend.

"Once they see that she's finally happy where she is. With us. They'll see what they lost." She said smiling.

"Well once they see what they lost don't you think they'll try to take her back?" Steve asked putting down the shirt he had just folded. Monica looked at him like he was crazy.

"No. And if they did she wouldn't leave." She said shaking her head.

"You're right I wouldn't leave." Katie said walking into her room. All three of her room mates were standing in a circle folding her clothes. She couldn't help but laugh.

"How come you came back? You seemed mad?" Charlie said turning towards her.

"I forgot my shoes. Are you folding my underwear, Char?" She asked pulling her lacey boy shorts out of his hands. Charlie felt his face turn red as he fumbled for words.

"I folded your shirts." Steve offered a stack of shirts to Katie.

"Thanks." She said taking them from him.

"I'll go pick up some Chinese. How's that? Maybe Steve, you should come with me?" Charlie asked as his face started to turn it's normal shade.

"Okay." Steve said looking at Monica then Katie.

"I'll be back soon." He said kissing Katie on the cheek. Soon both the boys had left the room and both Monica and Katie could her the front do open and shut.

"Listen, Katie. I'm for pushing you like that I just want-"

"No, it's fine, Monica. I overreacted. I just really didn't want to think about Alex that's all." Katie said setting the folded sack of shirts on the bed and running her fingers through her hair.

"So, I don't want to push it but are you going to Warped Tour?" Monica asked raising her eyebrow at Katie.

"Does it look like I have a choice?" Katie said throwing her hands up in the air. Monica squealed and did a circle dance.

"Oh God we have so much to do in the next three days."