‹ Prequel: Sherlock's Girl

The New Generation

Fun with Guns

Sapphire ran over to Sherlock and wrapped her arms around his waist. Sherlock smiled at Anderson and Lestrade, whose jaws were nearly touching the floor. “Please stop that it is extremely weird, and annoying.” Sherlock said.
The pair shut their mouths.
Lestrade eventually composed himself, “I dint know Mycroft had kids, probably the reason you have to look after her.”
The teachers decided it was time to take their leave, “We will leave you to your investigation.” One of the ladies said as past. Sapphire let go of Sherlock and glared at Lestrade, “I am not related in anyway shape or form, to Mycroft! I would rather kill myself” She said sourly. Sherlock smiled behind.
“No Lestrade, Sapphire and my brother don’t seem to get along at all. She is no blood relation to myself or Mycroft...”
Lestrade interrupted, “She is John’s? Then why isn’t he here?”
Sherlock sighed and Sapphire giggled, “No. If you had let me finish you would know by now that Sapphire is my adopted daughter.”
Once again Anderson went off and muttered to himself, something along the lines “It should be illegal for the psychopath to adopt.” Sapphire heard this and scowled at Anderson’s back. Sherlock saw her face, so whispered in her ear.
A grin formed on Sapphire’s face. She walked over to Anderson, who had his back to her. When she reached him she tugged his sleeve. She stood there innocent smile on her face and hands behind her back, under her jumper.
Lestrade looked at Sherlock and mouthed, “What is she doing?” Sherlock smiled and just mouthed back “Watch.”
Anderson turned around and looked at Sapphire, “What?!” he demanded. Sapphire just stood there, he looked at her and made a “Well then” gesture at her.
“Hello” Sapphire smiled.
“Yes okay hello! Now go away!” Anderson barked. Seeing Sherlock had put him in a bad mood. He turned away from her only to find her standing in front of him again.
“Hello” She chirped. Once again Anderson turned, just to find her standing in front of him. He was started to get annoyed with the girl.
Anderson tried to scare her by reaching for his gun. But panic struck, when he discovered it wasn’t there. Ever since he had got his promotion, the gun had never left his side while he was on duty. He started to panic patting down his clothes, and searching the floor for sight of it.
In front of him Sapphire coughed. Anderson ignored her, she coughed again. Anderson looked up to see Sapphire twirling his gun around in her hands. Lestrade and Anderson were suddenly overcome with fear, while Sherlock stood where he was trying extremely hard not to laugh.
“Little girl,” Anderson sounded like he was talking to a 3 year old. “Give me the gun. You need training to hold that. It is dangerous.”
Sapphire’s smiled turned from one of innocence to an evil grin. She cocked the gun, “One- I am not five. Two- I am not stupid.” She held the gun with precision, aiming it straight at Anderson. “I don’t think I need training to hold or fire this.”
Anderson was shaking, he slowly approached Sapphire, to try and grab the gun off her. He reached arm’s length only to find the gun pressed to his forehead. Lestrade was getting extremely nervous, “Sherlock, stop her!” he demanded. Sherlock just stood where he was, and didn't even flinch at Lestrade’s demand.
Anderson tried once more, “Please give me the gun back, don’t press the trigger, if you do I will die.” He begged.
Sapphire sighed, “I am fed up with you patronising me.” She applied pressure to the trigger. Lestrade shut his eyes, and Anderson made a weird whining sound. The gun fired.
Lestrade opened his eyes to see that Anderson was still standing and there was no blood on the floor. Sherlock laughed. Sapphire smiled, “I told you I am not stupid.” Sapphire said, as she dropped the bullets from the gun, to the floor.
With this Anderson passed out, hitting the floor like a dead weight. Simultaneously Sherlock and Sapphire burst into fits of laughter.
“Can we get in with things?” Sherlock asked, stepping over Anderson’s unconscious body. Lestrade snapped out of his partial trance.
“Ummm, yes… we need to get on with things” Lestrade said, turning towards the crime scene room.
“Are you not going to ask me questions? Or can I just go with you guys to the crime scene.” Sapphire said smiling at the pair.
Lestrade looked at her, “umm, I think it is the best that you should stay here. I don’t think someone your age should to present a crime scene. Besides you have already seen the dead body once today.”
Sapphire looked at Sherlock, “But…”
Sherlock looked back, “no buts. You heard Lestrade, he said no! If you behave I may let you look at the case file and photo’s later.”
Lestrade’s jaw dropped, “you show her case files?!”
Sherlock just sighed. “Yes, because she thinks the same way I do. Plus she has been on the front line of criminal activity. She was nearly a victim; she was nearly Moriarty’s last murder victim.”
Lestrade stared at Sherlock with a strange look, “Wait a second you just said last victim.”
“Yes I did. Long story short. Moriarty kidnapped Sapphire, threated to kill me, Sapphire escaped, put at blade to his throat, he stabbed Sapphire, and I shot him. End of story. I will explain it in detail some other time.” Sherlock rushed his words out, he was barley understood by Lestrade. “Now can we get on things?”
Lestrade nodded and lead Sherlock to the room. He stopped at the door to Sherlock in first, but Sherlock stopped, without turning around he spoke at Sapphire, who Lestrade now noticed, was trying to follow them. “Sapphire, I said no! You are to stay out here!”
Sapphire started, to what Lestrade could only describe as sulk. She backed up against a wall and slid down it.
Lestrade and Sherlock walked into one of the room. In the middle of the room, laid the body of a middle aged woman, a teacher, who teachers at an old fashioned school. Recently divorced and been dead about 4 hours. Sherlock’s eyes rushed around the room, fitting the pieces together, coming up with his deductions.
A few minutes later Lestrade broke the silence. “So what have you get for me?” he questioned.
Sherlock took once lance took across the room, “As you can see she was stabbed several times, in the chest, but she was drugged beforehand, as you can see small puncture wound in the side of her neck. Most likely so the victim couldn’t feel what happened. So our murderer is a woman as she has some moral principle. But she is quite violent. The victim was a teacher, not at this school but she is a supply teacher. She was teaching recently at a primary school, which has blackboards. She has been recently divorced, and then went aboard to recover.”
Lestrade noted all that Sherlock said. “How do you know this Sherlock?” he questioned.
Sherlock was used to his deductions not making sense to anyone but himself. He just sighed and explained himself “She worked in a primary school, recently. A quite an old fashioned, as it still has blackboards. She has chalk on her sleeve cuff, where it has rubbed against the board. And there is also chalk on her knees, where the kids have smudged it on her trousers, where small children have run up to her after running into the board. She has a faint tan line on her left fourth finger, where she has gone on holiday, somewhere sunny without the ring. So she is divorced.”
Lestrade stood there and just nodded at Sherlock, “Carry on.” He said. Sherlock approached the body and searched her pockets, he came across her purse in her trouser pockets, and rummaging through it he found several receipts, including some for that morning.
Sherlock grabbed them quickly, shoved them in his pocket, and took a photo of the woman’s face before running off. Lestrade was left standing there, he turned to follow but when he left the room, he just saw Sapphire still sulking and Anderson was still passed out on the floor.
“Where did he go?” he asked Sapphire. He was quite annoyed that Sherlock just ran off.
“He just left.” Sapphire said. Lestrade sighed and started to down corridor before turning back around to look at Sapphire. “Look after him will you? I will ask the office to phone John if Sherlock hasn’t already done it. And also send someone for him.” Lestrade said gesturing to Anderson. Sapphire nodded. Lestrade gave her one last glance before running down the corridor.
Sapphire let him turn the corner before getting up and entering the room with the dead body in. Sapphire entered at noticed the same things Sherlock did except one thing extra. One thing that Sherlock had missed, a scrunched up piece of paper under one of the shelves in the room.
She opened it to see a hand written note. “Meet me in the spare room at 9am.” Sapphire glanced at the body again, she recognised this lady, she worked as a supply, and she saw her yesterday afternoon, where she had said she’d been working with small kids earlier that morning.
Sapphire look closely at the handwriting, the letter “s” was very “swirly”, the whole thing was extremely neat, so feminine, but had a slight uncertainty to its one style, so most likely a teenager, as are always changing their handwriting style.
Sapphire could hear footsteps coming down the corridor, so quickly slipped out the note into her pocket and slipped out the door. She returned to her place on the floor just as someone rounded the corner.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apoligise how long this chapter is but I hope that it made you laugh! Thanks for reading and please read a review.