Sequel: Shattered
Status: Complete

A Night to Last a Lifetime

Chapter 2: Part 2

Gabe was more worked up about this than I was so once Tori got off Skype with Jeff I went into her room, closed the door and called Gabe.

“Hey,” he answered.

“Hi,” I managed to say. “Gabe don’t be mad that I lied to you about this. I just knew if I told you about this before your game you would be distracted and play like shit. Oh, and once again you played fantastic! I wish I was home, watching you play really turned me on.”

“Mhmmm, that would be fun right now. Guess we will have to wait until you get back. Which will be when exactly?” Gabriel said.

“I’m not sure. Jeff is on his way out right now and I’m going to stay for a while and see what they figure out. The earliest I will be leaving is tomorrow night.”

“Jeff’s coming?” he asked, shocked.

“Yes, they have a break for a couple of days I guess so he’s going to fly out.”

He didn’t answer; there was just silence on the other end.

“Gabe,” I said. I still didn’t get an answer. “Gabriel!” I said while dragging out the last syllable.

“I’m sorry,” he said. “It’s just, we’re the ones who’ve been together forever. We are the ones that are expected to have babies anytime now. But instead of us, it’s your twin who’s pregnant with my best friend’s baby. Like seriously Soph, it’s scary. Skins is a really wild child – nobody really hears what he does and thinks he’s all innocent and stuff but he tells me everything and he’s done a LOT of shit.”

“Fuck Gabe, Tori isn’t a saint! Do you know how many guys she slept with in high school? Practically all of them. I know she has settled down a little since she has moved to Florida and she says Jeff is the father so I have to believe her. I can’t imagine either of them with a baby right now but I guess they are going to have to grow up and take responsibility.”

“It’s just seems so surreal. I still can’t believe it.”

“I know hun. Me either,” I replied. We sat on the phone together in silence; I just wanted to be home in his comforting arms. “I better get to bed, Jeff will be here early in the morning.”

“Alright, goodnight. I love you. I think I’m going to fly Jeff a text and tell him I’m here for him if he needs anything,” Gabe said in his sincerest voice.

“That would be very sweet of you. He’s going to need friends like you through this. Good night, and I love you too.” I hung up the phone and headed back into the living room where Tori was. She was still sitting on the computer.

“Tor, why don’t you head to bed? He’s going to be here early.”

“I’m still in shock Sophie. Like, I have a baby… Inside of me! Holy shit. We haven’t even thought about telling Mom and Dad. They are going to fucking freak – yet if it was you pregnant they would be thrilled.”

“But it’s not me – it’s you. They’re flying home tonight so I will text Dad and tell him to call me as soon as they land. We will tell them together,” I said trying to comfort her.

“Okay. I think I will go to bed now. Goodnight sis, I love you.” she said sounding very sad.

“Night! Love you too. I will be right out here if you need anything.” She had given me some pillows and blankets earlier; I was just going to sleep on her pull out couch.

I laid down and before I knew it was morning time and somebody was knocking at the door. I got up and went to go answer it and sure enough it was Jeff.

“Sophie?” he questioned, almost as thought he was questioning which twin I was.

“Yes. Hello Jeff,” I said while giving him a quick hug. “Tori is still in bed. I’ll go wake her up real quick.”

“Okay, thanks.

I walked into Tori’s room and told her to get up. She quickly did and got dressed muttering, “Fuck is Jeff here already?”

“Yeah, and he looks like shit so don’t worry about your looks too much.”

We walked out and he was sitting on the couch. It was awkward at first but then they began to talk so I decided that it was my cue to leave. I went and hopped in the shower hoping it would clear my mind, but it didn’t really help. I went into Tori’s room and my phone was ringing. I quickly answered it without looking at the caller ID.

“What’s going on dear?” It was Dad. I suddenly began to panic and I ran out into the living room wearing only my sweats and a sports bra, completely ignoring the fact that Jeff was there. I looked at Tori and pointed to the phone while mouthing ‘Dad’ to her.

I tried to stall. “How was your trip,” I asked.

“Oh it was great! What was so important that I needed to call?”

Tori was almost in tears, nodding her head to tell me that she was ready to break the news to our parents.

“Dad, I’m actually in Florida right now with Tori. We kind of have some news… Put us on speaker phone, and make sure you and Mom and both sitting down.”

“Okay, alright…” he said hesitantly. “Let’s hear it.”

“Well, a couple of months ago when Tori flew out to visit Gabe and I in Colorado, we had a little party. Gabe invited a bunch of his hockey friends and well…” All of a sudden Tori cut me off.

“I had sex with Jeff Skinner and now I’m pregnant,” she blurted out. Everything went silent. I couldn’t believe she just said it like that, so blunt. It was dead silent for a few minutes before I finally said:

“Are you guys still there?”

“You two aren’t playing a joke on me are you? Please tell me it is really Gabriel and Sophie having a baby,” Mom said, being the first one to speak.

“I’m so sorry mom,” Tori said as she began to cry.

“Have you told Jeff?” Dad questioned.

“Yes, he is here now,” I said because Tori was too busy crying and Jeff was too afraid to speak.

“Well, we are currently sitting in the airport so I guess it was a great time to tell us. We’ll be on the next flight to Tampa and help you guys figure out what to do,” Mom said, sounding quite upset.

“No,” Tori said. “There is no need for that. We can figure this out.”

“That wasn’t a question Tori. We are coming. Hopefully we will be there within five or six hours,” Dad said as he hung up the phone.

“For fuck sakes! That is just what I need right now! Those two down here helping us plan out the rest of my fucking life,” Tori said as she began to cry very hard.

I was on one side of her and Jeff was on the other while we both tried to calm her down. I understood that having Mom and Dad here upset her but I thought that having them here could help her make some wise decisions for once.

Her and Jeff began to talk again so I went into her room and played on my laptop for a while. I loved going on Twitter and Tumblr to look at what all the fan girls said about Gabe. One girl posted a picture of him with a caption saying ‘My future husband is looking good today!’ I started laughing and thought about how this was the first time I had laughed in days. I decided to send her an anonymous message.

“Actually he is my future husband, legit. He always looks good, you should see him naked.”

I knew she would probably end up posting it and commenting underneath saying something along the lines that I don’t know him either and neither of us has a chance in hell with him, but I will let her think whatever she wants because I loved knowing he was mine. Although it was stupid it made me feel a little better. Then all of a sudden my phone was ringing again. I actually looked down this time and it was Gabe.

“Hello,” I said.

“Hey, I have a question,” he quickly replied.

“Okay, what?” I always got nervous when someone told me they needed to ask me something.

“What is Tori’s address?”

Kind of puzzled I gave it to him and then asked him why he wanted it.

“Because I am in Tampa and on my way over. I figured I should be there helping my best friend, my future sister in law and the love of my life make some of the biggest choices that they are ever going to be faced with.”

“Awe, Gabe you are too cute. Skins and Tor seem to be in a really in depth conversation though and Mom and Dad are on their way here too. It’s going to be very crowed. Why don’t we stay in a hotel? Let’s meet at the Hilton in ten minutes! I need a little alone time with you anyways...”

“That sounds like a perfect plan. Meet you there!”

I told Tori I was just going for a walk because I didn’t want them to know Gabe was in town too. The hotel was just a couple of blocks away and sure enough, by the time I got there Gabe was standing outside.

We went in and tried to get a room but the lady at the front desk refused, saying check in time was not until 3. Gabe hated to use his fame to get what he wanted, but I could tell he really wanted to get laid so he proceeded to talk to the lady.

“I know you might not know me because I’m play on the west coast, but I’m Gabriel Landeskog. I play for the Colorado Avalanche. Google me if you want, but I really need a room.”

It took her a moment but finally she said, “I’m very sorry for the inconvenience Mr. Landeskog. Here is your key. Enjoy your stay!”

We took the stairs up to our room on the third floor. We entered our room which only had one king sized bed in it and didn’t waste any time making up last night’s missed post game workout.