Sequel: Shattered
Status: Complete

A Night to Last a Lifetime

Chapter 3: Part 2

We stayed in the hotel most of the day because we figured that Jeff and Tori needed a little bit of time to figure stuff out. We decided to take a quick nap because we were both exhausted. Our quick nap ended up being a 3 hour nap and I probably could have still slept through the night but then my phone went off. It was Dad.

“Just landed. Will be at Tori’s place within an hour.”

“Shit!” I said very loud, which woke Gabe up. “We need to get back. Mom and Dad are going to be here soon, we should warn Jeff and Tor.”

“Okay, do I have time for a quick shower?” Gabe asked like he was a five year old.

“Yes, Gabe. Go shower,” I said as I was trying to roll him out of bed.

Within the next half hour he showered, and got ready. I put on some jeans and a nice top; he was dressed in jeans and a bright blue Lacoste polo. We figured we should look presentable, because the other two definitely did not.

He grabbed my hand and we walked towards Tori’s apartment. It was obvious that some people recognized us because they whipped out their phones and began to take pictures.

We entered Tori’s building and headed up to her place. They were in the same spot they were in when I left hours ago. Jeff was on speakerphone talking… Well, more like arguing with his mother. They both turned around.

“Gabe! What are you doing here man?”

“I couldn’t let my best friend and future sister in law make life changing decisions alone. I thought I should probably fly out.”

“I hate to interrupt the reunited bromance, but why the fuck is Gabe there?” It was a very obviously mad Mrs. Skinner talking through the phone.

“Well, Mom, Tori is Gabe’s girlfriend’s twin sister. We actually met at a party Gabe and Soph had.”

“Oh thank God!” she sounded overjoyed. “I kept imagining some random girl hitting on you in a bar, and wanting to get with you just because you’re famous! This makes so much more sense.”

“First of all Mom, I can’t go to the bars because I’m not legal down here. Only Seguin can pull of that shit. Second of all, she’s a really nice girl and not the creepy stalker type.”

We all kind of laughed because we all understood how obsessive some girls became over the boys. It was actually kind of ridiculous.

After Jeff finished his conversation with his mom we all just sat around for a while, anticipating the arrival of our parents. Gabe and Jeff caught up on the time they had been apart while Tori and I discussed different ways Mom and Dad could handle the situation.

It wasn’t long before there was a knock at the door and we all had to pretend like we were excited to see them. Tori, Gabe and I all got up and greeted them while Jeff stood behind us awkwardly. After the “Hi, how are you’s” were all over and done with it didn’t take dad very long to make a smart-ass comment.

“This must be the baby daddy over here,” He said while laughing. Mother, Tori and Jeff did not find it nearly as funny as Gabe and I did – we were over in the corner losing our shit.

“Umm, hi. I’m Jeff... Jeff Skinner,” he managed to spit out, very uneasily though.

“Honey, we know who you are. We are from Kitchener,” Mom said. I could tell she was feeling bad for the kid.

“Oh yeah, that’s right” he said.

Dad, trying to be funny again, commented, “You knocked up my baby girl! Now I’m going to have to kick your ass.” Once again Gabe and I were losing it, but the others did not find it funny at all.

“Dad!” Tori yelled. She was clearly beginning to become upset. “Would you be treating Gabe this way if Sophie was prego?” she demanded.

Good point, I thought to myself. They actually would be thrilled if Gabriel and I decided to pop out a couple of children. Her circumstances were completely different though so I understood where my parents were coming from. They continued on arguing for a while and it was becoming late. Gabe was squeezing my hand and looking at me like he wanted to leave.

“Well, I think we are going to go back to our hotel…” I said as we both stood up.

“Well, aren’t we staying with you? “ Dad asked, actually being serious for once.

“Dad, we only have one bed,” I said hoping he wasn’t going to freak out.

“Well, looks like we are sleeping on the couch honey,” as he looked at mom.

“Well what about Jeff?” Tori asked, kind of confused.

“Looks like he is sleeping with you. Wouldn’t be the first time.” Normally I would have expected a comment like that out of Dad’s mouth, but it was actually Mom who said it.

Gabe and I were trying not to crack up at that one but it was too difficult. Jeff and Tori were obviously embarrassed.

“Okay, we are actually leaving now,” I said. “We will be back over early tomorrow. I think we will probably leave for Colorado around noon, if that’s alright with you Tor. Gabe has a game tomorrow night.”

“Yeah that’s fine. See you tomorrow. Love you guys!”

“Oh, and Gabe?” Dad said. We were all waiting for some smart ass comment.

“Yeah…” Gabe responded hesitantly.

“Keep it in your pants tonight please. We don’t need another grandchild on the way right now.”

We both laughed and Gabe said yes, but we both knew that would never happen.

We walked outside, hand in hand, but instead of heading right back to our hotel we decided we should walk down to the beach. We stopped and got an ice cream on the way and then went, lid down and watched the stars.

“Let’s have sex,” Gabe broke the silence and said.

“Yeah, we can’t let that hotel room go to waste,” I responded not really considering that we were on an empty beach with no one around for miles.

“No, I mean now,” as he leaned in and kissed me.

We made out for a long time, before once again I realized where we were. “Gabe we can’t get caught, you will be in so much shit.”

“We won’t get caught,” he said as he began to take off my shirt. Before I knew it we were both naked, having sex on a beach, in Florida. Kind of cliché but it was fantastic! We got dressed and headed back towards our hotel. Both of us were covered in sand (which was actually really itchy).

Social media must have worked its magic because when we got back to the hotel there were a couple dozen fan girls waiting outside to catch a glimpse of Gabriel. We were too tired to stop, so we made our way past them and through the doors. We took the elevator up to our room and grabbed a quick shower, together of course; we thought we should save water. Once we were done, we hopped in bed and quickly fell asleep.

At 7 AM Gabe’s alarm went off. He got up and ordered us both some breakfast. He had a high protein breakfast to prepare for his game but I simply settled for Cheerios. We ate, got ready and checked out of our hotel then headed over to Tori’s. Everybody was awake and they all looked like they had gotten very little sleep.

Gabe went over and started to talk to Jeff. Mom and Dad were off in their own little world so I took this opportunity to talk to Tori.

“Are you going to be okay?” I sympathetically asked her.

“Yeah, I’m going to stay here for a while, but in a couple of months I’m going to move home. Jeff will be off when the baby is due, so he will be with me for all of that fun stuff.”

“Tor, I want you to know that Gabe and I are here for you. Anything you want or need, it can be arranged. You can even come live with us if you want, we have a spare room and I know how much you and Mom clash when you’re living there.”

“Oh, because my last visit ended so well,” she said as we both chuckled.

“So how was your little sleepover with Jeff last night?” I asked, trying to change the topic.

She just looked at me and half smiled half laughed. Then Gabe yelled for me, “Come on Soph, we are going to miss our flight.”

“Tori, I’m serious – if you need anything at all call me. I can be on any flight at any time.”

“Thanks for everything Soph,” she started to hug me and I could tell she was going to cry. “I love you so much.”

“I love you too,” I said. We went back out into the living room; I said my goodbyes to Mom, Dad and Jeff. We took a cab to the airport, cruised through security and boarded our first class flight. As we sat down I looked at Gabe.

“Hun, I think something happened between Tori and Jeff last night. I asked her how her sleep with Jeff was and she didn’t say anything. She just smiled and laughed.”

“I know for a fact something happened. I’ve known Jeff long enough to be able to tell when he got some action.”

“Well, she’s already pregnant. I mean, what’s the harm. They’ve got a lot of years of dealing with each other anyway…” I muttered.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm bored out of my mind. This game is killing me. Here's an early update!