Status: If you're not a McFly fan,you don't like vampires,you don't like stories that are unrealistic and your offended by sexual references and the occasional use of bad language then this is not the story for you..

Through My Eyes

Life.

“What about Rose?...”
“Maize?”
“Liberty?”
“EMMA are you even listening?”
“Yeah..yeah sorry they're all nice..”
“Mate,she was just saying random girls names,not even nice ones!” I sniggered.
“Indigo..indigo?” A smile appeared on her face.
“ now that is nice!” Zoe pointed
“Thats's lush” she carried on.
“Ru?”
“Yeah I love it!”
Her smile grew wider.
“Em?”
But Emma was miles away still gazing into the screen of her phone.
Laura stared at her.
“Emma can you please just listen?”
“I CANT ALRIGHT.. I CANT I HAVR BETTER THINGS TO DO THAN TO HELP YOU DECIDE BABY NAMES!”
“Why what's happened?”
She shook her head.
“Is it you and Tom?”
“He's asked me to meet his family okay?” she sighed.
“And what's so bad about that!?”
I questioned.
“Well the past few days he's developed this new grown confidence...he just says it how it is and he doesn't give a shit about the consequences and he's  More keen..he was ALL over me the other day and I mean proper full on.. he was kissing my neck.. He was trying to pull my top off he's normally more sensitive more, romantic you then that know if he really wants..”
By this time we'd all exchanged guilty glances, I felt so bad that We all knew what was going on an she didn't. 

“Maybe he's on his man period.”
Zoe Laughed.
“You Legend.” I thought.
“Hahahahahahaha  no!” Emma Replied sarcastically.
She paused.
“Ruby Can't you talk to him for me,I mean you and him are pretty tight aren't you..”
“oh come on Emma You love  him yeah?He loves you, and  well as being a couple you should be like best mates and best mates tell each other everything…
Just tell him you wanna give meeting his family a miss!”   
 “I can't do that! 
It might hurt his feelings..anyway your his  mate you talk to him..”
“Ughhh...but.”
She gave me a hard melancholy stare.
“ughhh never mind.”
I rolled my eyes and walked through the door. 

“Tom..mate I need to talk to ya..”
All four boys we're slouching around the room in various attitudes.They stared.
“Can I talk to you in private for a minute”
“Yeah course..”
He stepped outside the door.
I hesitated.
“spit it out..”
“Mate you've gotta play it down.”
“I dunno what you mean..” he grinned.
“I'm serious okay?” I advised, grabbing the arm of his jacket.
“I'm starting to think she knows...if she's gonna meet ya  family your gonna act normal and not make her look like an idiot.”
“But why can't we just tell her?”
“Because different people react in different ways I didn't know before Harry...well you know what.She wanted me to talk to you! And besides if we tell her that we have to tell her everything .just try an act a little less cocky and a bit more human.”
.......
“okay..”
“I've got something to tell you though.” He went on.
“go on then.”
He leaned in and whispered in my ear.
“Ohh... Well be careful then”
I walked back down the corridor to return to Emma and the others.
“Hey Em your definitely goin' to meet Tom's family tomorrow!”
“Really?”
“yeah I've spoken to him... And don't worry he's gonna behave himself..”
“are you sure?”
“ course I'm sure!”
“do you think it was stupid to be worried?”  
I looked up at Zoe and Laura.
“No!!...it's only natural.”
I answered.
Oh Emma if only you knew.. I feel so frickin' bad!

“Guys you don't reckon We're doing the wrong thing not telling her do you?”
“Nahh.. She'll find out as soon as Tom decides to make his move.. I mean I didn't know did I before Dougie made a move on me.. And neither did Laura.” Zoe explained.
“Well I suppose so..”
I sighed.
“Anyway everything is gonna be fine tomorrow between her and Tom's family...”
“Ahh well so Laura have you and Danny agree on a Definite possible name?”
“Well we both love Indigo that's one of my favourites.. And I love Amelie..”
....
She sniggered.
“But Danny's not so keen ..”
“Well you've got plenty of time for all that anyway you are only 2 and a half  weeks pregnant for god's sake!”

Emma appeared in the doorway.
“Jeez I'm knackered..”
It was only quarter to eleven by this time..but we were all tired. Apart from Emma who was tired and nervous.She made her way to the bathroom.
“oh by the way guys Tom's Parents and Carrie live in the city.. How am I meant to get there..I can't drive.. Ruby your the only one  out of the four of us who can drive..” She called out.
“oh yeah..well I'll order you a cab.”
“But you cant afford it.. None of us have been at work for weeks, no work.. No Pay!!”
“Oh blow it let me treat you I mean I haven't really done anything nice for you since your birthday.”
“well okay if your sure.”
She accepted pondering out of the bathroom. She had changed into her PJs. 

The  hours soon passed and before we knew it we were all standing around a worried Emma assuring her that Tom's family were gonna be okay.
“ Mehh Tom's family is wicked she'll like them.” Harry said,the next afternoon,As  we watched a cab pulled into the driveway.
“She's proper worried you know.”
We were sat on a leather chair by the window.
“ what's the worst that could happen!” Danny Remarked.
“are you lot talking about Emma?”
Laura questioned,coming loudly into the room,she was so heavy footed.
“Yeah.” I muttered.
She went to lie down next to Danny.He looked down at her,grinning hugely.He placed his hand gently on her stomach.
“be honest guys were either of you gutted when you found out it was girl were you hoping for a boy?”
“ well I was happy either way” Laura Replied.
“I'm glad that it's a girl..but picking a name would be so much easier  if it was a boy..” Danny Admitted.
Laura gasped.
“It wouldn't!”
“yeah it would.”
“Bullshit! There's so many more nice  girls name than boys names.”
“Okay then” He smirked.

They sat around doing things that  a young couple expecting a baby would do..it was cute was to watch.I was glad I had found mine and Poppy's long lost brother at last and I felt so lucky to call him my brother. Our long lost brother could of turned out to be someone ugly,stuck up,shallow and self centred  but we'd luckily landed with a funny, caring ,good looking guy with an Amazing talent and generally just an amazing person. Danny and Laura as parents..so sweet they would make an awesome mum and dad they were both so chilled out and laid back and both so easy to talk to. 

“Hey guys” Zoe greeted.. Coming almost out of nowhere.
“Alright. Where's Dougie?” Laura questioned
“I dunno he didn't  say where he was going he just said he had to go out somewhere.”
“hmmm.. Looks like someone might be planning some sort of surprise for you.”  She winked.
“Doubt it...”
For a while no one said anything.

“It's gonna be tough you know guys you'll have to get up for night feed,change the nappies you wont be getting much sleep for the next  at least three years of your lives..” 
“oh come on  it's not like your an expert.” Laura replied.
 “Yeah I know but to be fair I was thirteen when Amber was born so I know what I'm on about!”
“Whatever guys.. Just look..” 
“ GUYS THEY'RE BACK!” Harry announced.
Me and Laura ran over to the window.
Danny glared at him.
“I was trying to say something then.” he frowned.
“ ohh god..Emma looks well upset.. Do you think he said something?”
“ nah..she's  clearly pissed off though, they've definitely had a fight”
 
Emma was storming back into the house  from the cab,a look of frustration and disappointment  covered her whole face. Tom was chasing behind her looking like he was trying to explain himself for something.She wiped a tear from her eye..

“Stay here.” I said to Harry.
I legged it down up the corridor,down the stairs got to the bottom floor and  put my arms round her tenderly as she came through the main door. Her head fell upon my shoulder.. She started to cry.
“awww,Emma.”
Tom trailed guiltily behind her. I gave him an evil stare.
“I'll have words with you later..”
I warned talking over Emma's shoulder.
He shrugged his shoulders and tried to mouth something to me.
It looked like he was saying 
“ I really didn't know!” but I wasn't sure. 

She let go of me and walked off angrily..he chased  after her 
“Emma..I wanna talk to you!”
“Oh now you wanna talk well it's a little late now isn't it . Earlier you only wanted one thing earlier!”
I stood there wondering what to do. I couldn't take sides I love them both. I shut the door and wondered back up the stairs. I got back to the bedroom where Emma was explaining to Zoe and Laura what had happened.
“So come on sod it up.” 
I sat there waiting for an explanation .
She  was trying to talk through her tears. She dried her eyes with the shirt of her sleeve.
Her mascara was running down her face.
“ Well you know his sister..”
“Carrie? Yeah I know Carrie”
She was trying her hardest not to cry anymore and anyone could see she was finding it extremely difficult.
“Oh I cant do this.” She sobbed plonking her head onto her pillow.
“Go and ask him.”

I sighed and got to my feet. 

“Oi you.” I said to Tom.
“get your ass  here now.” 
“what's up?” 
“what the fuck do you mean what's up? You know what's up?” 
I made him sit down.
“spill.”
“Well,we were round my parents and they were out grocery shopping for tea, they said they wanted to make an effort for the first time they met Emma,and Carrie was staring at her..and she was acting weird,you know she looked like she hadn't fed for ages, and so I left the room,and her and Emma talked for a bit and eventually she tried to sink her teeth into Emma,I stopped her and we left.” 
I bit my nails.
“Well...CARRY ON THEN!”
He cleared his throat,and explained more.
“Emma was confused she didn't know what was going on,so I had no other choice,I may have said some stuff to her in the car.”
My hands pressed against the table and I haled myself up.
“Right Thomas that is all I need to know.” I smirked a very dark smirk.

“Emma,what did Tom say to you,in the car?” 
She took a breath.
“I made a real mess of it After Carrie..you know lashed out at me, I dunno why . She gave me dirty looks for ages!And so Tom rushed me out, said it didn't even matter that I met his parents,we had a bit of a row in the car,He said that the only reason Carrie reacted to me like that was because she didn't like me and I think he meant it..” 
“No he didnt Emma he was just upset and annoyed about how things went..trust me once his family meets you properly they're gonna love you!” I assured.
“Yeah well it didn't look that way.” She sighed.
I let her think the whole thing through before I said anything else.
“ hey I knew she was one of us but i didn't realise that she..” I stopped there.Why did mouth just slip like that?
“What are you talking about?” She  started.
“Nothing just ignore me..” I said.
“No Ruby Listen if there's something you aren't-”
“Oh Shut up.” I raised my voice
I grabbed her arm, and pulled her upwards.

“You and Tom are Gonna sort this out.” I ordered, Dragging her across the room in the direction of Tom's Room.
“WHAT?” She Stammered.
“Yep you're gonna sort this out.”
“But..But.” She Gushed as I marched her down the corridor.
Tom came out of the door.
“Oh Ruby I was just looking for you.”
“Yeah it can wait.”
Their Eyes met and I immediately sensed awkwardness.
But I didn't wait a second longer.I grabbed Tom's Wrist,Shoved them both back  into the bedroom shut the bedroom door grabbed the key off the side and locked the door. Shouts and panicking and constant banging.
“Ruby you stupid  bitch this isn't funny I'm not Joking let us out of here right now!” Emma threatened.
“Nah, not until you two sort it it out.”
I laughed.
“Oh COME ON!…” Tom's voice dragged.
“You better start talking now,the longer you don't the longer you'll be in there!”
They both sighed.
“I'll be wherever..”
I planked myself against the wall by the door spinning the key around in my hand.
“They're voices were quiet and muffled.I nearly fell asleep they were in there so long.
Some figure tripped across  my leg accidentally kicking me in the shin.
My exhausted eyes slowly separated. Zoe looked down at me.
“What…are you doing?”
 I shook my head,too tired to even talk. She reached out for the door handle. 
“uh-uh Can't go in there!”
“Why Not?”
“Tom and Emma”
“What about them?”
“There sorting it out.”
“Sorry but this isn't just Tom's bedroom,so Now just cause him and Emma are sorting out an argument it means I'm not aloud to see my own boyfriend.”
“Zoe's it's a serious argument,I've got the key Doug's not in there anyway.” 
“Where is he then?”
“I dunno but I think he's got something special planned for you, zo” I winked.
“You're bluffing.” She insisted.
She began walking over and sliding down against the wall opposite me.
“No,No Zoe I'm not I think he's got something going on.”
“Mehh He's being really quiet lately,distracted.”
“Exactly!”
“What do you mean exactly Do you know what that means?…he's having doubts about me…or  he's seeing someone else.”
“Yeah right Zoe! do you really think he'd do that? He's faithful and he's serious about you!He loves you.”
I smiled.
“You really think he's got something planned.” She mumbled
“Absolutely, a guy don't act all distracted like that for nothing.”
 She grinned and we both listened in for the voices of Tom and Emma.
“Seems like they've sorted it.”
She slowly got up and plodded off.
“Zoe,Something special,Take my word for it!” 

I Reached for the key in my pocket and slowly unlocked it.I waited there for a few minutes.But there was no sign of movement what so ever.I walked away.

I knew something was going to happen some time soon. I sensed it. I could feel it in my bones
 It might of been the concert it might not of been.

“Can you feel it too?” Harry said,Voice  seemed to be echoing.
“Yeah, I can.What's gonna happen?”
“Life's good, don't waste time trying to guess the future.”
“Ruby,You listening?...”
“Ruby?...” ECHOING.
 A tap on the shoulder and I was awake. 
“Ruby You listening? Coffee.”
I sat up holding the duvet to my chest.
“Oh cheers.”
He gently handed me the steaming cup.
I took a small sip and handed it back to him,he  put it on the bedside table and sat beside be on the thick quilt.
“So what is gonna happen?” I asked.
“ Well I wonder what made you say that?”
“Well you never told  me in the dream.”
“Well, okay but  don't say anything..
Something between Zoe and Dougie, something big, I know what it is but I know Dougie and he wouldn'tve acting That weird for no reason”
“I KNEW IT! I knew he was planning something special but she wouldnt listen!”
“Yeah right, most of us have noticed it, I mean really, he's not very good at hiding things.”
I thought about him for a minute.
“pass me my coffee will ya.”

I drank it down in one and lifted up the blanket.
“lets get out of here.”
I leaped out of bed already fully dressed.He followed,I touched his hand and our fingers locked together tightly.
The kitchen was epty.
“All the more decent stuff for us!” 
Harry and I intended to empty the cupboard. 
A slurry sounding sigh came, closer and closer, Emma.
 Her hair ruffled to one side,her eye makeup from yesterday smudged around her eyes, She wore a short black slutty night dress. She looked knackered but satified.
She sat down at the table opposite me and started grinning.
“Make me a coffee will ya Harry?” She called.
“Yeah.” he replied.
Her head fell to the table. 
“Long night was it?” I smirked.
“Take it you and Tom made up then”
She lifted up her head,she couldn't stop smiling.
“Best.night.of.my.life...” She murmured.
“Oh yeah?”
“Yeahh.”
“You mean?”
“oh yeah...”
“But I thought....Oh you mean this was your first time together?”
I had no idea.
She nodded.
“But I thought you did it like weeks ago!”
“no,we've done stuff but this was our first time, I mean yesterday was a real eye opener, we realised just how lucky we are to have each other and so we had a little kiss and made up and it led to something else.”
“Awww Emma.” 
She shrugged.
“Anyway shut up you're making me blush.” She grinned.
Tom's footsteps sounded,as he plodded down the stairs.
He walked in shirtless wearing only a pair of trackie bottoms.
Emma's face  lit up. 
She got up and stood behind him crossing her arms over his shoulders sliding her hands onto his bare chest.
 “Hey.” She said in a seductive voice.
She started kissing his cheek.
“I had fun last night.” He whispered,trying to lower his voice.
“It was fun wasnt it.” She smiled.
I rolled my eyes and looked away.
I could still hear them nattering over my shoulder.I tried ignoring them
“Em Coffee's on the side.” Harry called.
“Kay,cheers .” She answered.
He made his way back upstairs,stopping on his way,he bent down and kissed my shoulder.

The sound of clattering dishes and cups. Dougie came in carrying a huge tray with Zoe trailing behind him.
'Oh jeez.'
I stared round the kitchen only then, realising what a mess it was. Well it was gonna be.A  house full of us lot none of us too keen on washing up or even stacking dishwashers or dusting surfaces.
He Slowly put the cups one by one on the side.we all stared at him,any minute the four of us were gonna burst out laughing. 
“Dougie would it kill you to clean A glass?” I criticised.
“ I mean who do you think does it? The fairies.”
He sighed.
“Ruby,sweetie,ever heard of a cleaner? I mean seriously.”
Suddenly We heard the front door close,all heads were turned,apart from Dougie's who was still chattering away. 
He handed Zoe the tray of left over cups and started filling up the washing up bowl. Once it was full He covered his hands in washing up liquid and took a china cup off the tray. Smart move.
A large figure in a tweed jacket and trousers came up behind him.
“I mean seriously guys there's no stroppy house keeper to tell us what to do so as far as I'm concerned we can keep the house as messy as we want!”
We sniggered.
“What?”
“Dougie..mate.” Harry  mumbled,
“What?...oh. ‘he's behind youu!’.” He mocked.
“Good one harry.”
Harry kept his gob shut.
Doug slowly turned round
“Sydney Eden, stroppy house keeper.Nice to meet you at last Dougie.” He introduced. Serious as ever.
“I believe that's mine” he spoke again refering to the mug.
Dougie was silent,he let Go of the handle and nervously tried to give it to him.But if course it slipped out of his hands,due to the fact his hands were covered in washing up liquid.
“Oh god.. Dougie,” I thought,what else could possibly go wrong.
“You're paying for a new one.”
Just then,Zoe strolled through the door,the tray even more full than last time.She caught her hip on the corner of the table and tumbled forward,
she tipped the tray forward And with a crash and a spilt the cups were broken.Purposely? Dougie looked at her with a ‘what the fuck you clumsy bitch’ look on his face.

By now the house keeper looked like he was about to bite their heads off
“You're an idiot.” He smiled.
She shrugged and Dropped a left over mug that she'd kept in her hand,They looked foward at Sydney.
“we better make a dash for it then!”She murmured, grabbing his hand and nearly pulling his arm out the socket as she flew out the room.
Sydney raced after them,quick thinking me and Harry glanced at each other and rushed infront of the doorway to block it.
“Come on pal give them a chance.” Harry puersaded.
“Yeah they didnt mean to do it.” I joined in.
“I know exactly what happened I saw it with my own eyes! Now get out of my way!”
He pushed his way through us and ran as fast as He could.
Harry and I joined hands and went after him followed by Tom and Emma.
We ran until we got to the main hallway,of the ground floor when Dougie stopped,took Zoe's Hand and pulled her back.
“Um Dougie what are you doing,Scary housekeeper,broken cups lets go!”
“I'm not worried about that now just listen.”
Everyone was silenced even Sydney, all rather confused.
“Okay..here goes.”
He took a deep breath.
“Zoe,awww where do I begin,you're like a female version of me, You're funny,loud you're not afraid to burp like a man in public. And To be honest two years before now  I would of  never imagined I'd be lucky enough to have someone like you in my life.”
She smiled .She looked like she was about to cry.
“And really I thought if I was gonna have a girlfriend I'd have to have someone sophisticated,more grounded,someone who would tell me off for speaking my mind and having bad manners, but I don't , I've got you.”
He paused and got down on one knee.

“ What I'm trying to say is....would you  Zoe Charlotte Mcintyre do me the honor of stealing my last name...
WILL.YOU. Marry me?”

We were all taken aback.We  knew it was going be big but we didnt expect it to be that big. And Dougie the first to propose? I never saw that coming.

“Dougie,I…” 
He looked hopeful.
She had a serious look on her face which within a few seconds had gone. 
“Yeah. Yeah of course I'll marry you.”  
No one  could stop smiling. She seemed to have forgotten about a ring, but in that moment she didnt care. Her and Dougie were engaged and that was all that mattered.
 
He got up from his knee, turned to Sydney, and dug his hand deep into his pocket.
I'm sorry about you're stuff man.” 
 he lifted out two crisp twenty pound notes and shoved it into his hand. 
“here you go this should cover it… anyway if you don't mind I'm gonna go now, to treat my fiance.
Zoe bit her lip.
“Come on.” he said.
Harry quickly grabbed his shoulder and said.
“Dude what about the ring?..”
“Don't worry about that I've sorted it..” He whispered.
And with that he slung his arm round Zoe's shoulder and they were gone.