Sunrises and Skylines

1

I wake up at five in the morning to the sound of her steady breathing and the soft warmth of her snuggled into my arms. She feels solid, real, and I just can't believe she's mine. My Ashie. Even in sleep, she's breathtakingly beautiful, at least to me. She has hair the color of chocolate that swings over her shoulders, beautiful dark chocolate eyes, creamy skin the color of ivory and an amazing figure. When she laughs, I melt. When she smiles, absolutely nothing can compare. She's my idea of perfect, and I love her.

She wakes up. "Mmmmm," she mumbles, and rolls onto her side. I roll over as well, wrapping my arms securely around her waist. She relaxes almost instinctively into my arms, as if she was born for this. I know that she's not sleeping anymore. Her breathing is still steady, but it isn't soft anymore. She'll never get back to sleep now, I know.

"Ashie, babe? Are you awake?" I whisper and she turns to face me. She mumbles something indecipherable into my chest and I suppress a giggle. She's always like this in the morning. It's absolutely adorable. "The sun's going to be up soon, love of mine," I say quietly, and she nods. I sit up and offer her my hand. She accepts it and we go up the stairs and onto the rooftop.