This Is Summer

Salt Lake City, Utah

I walked off the bus, after two days of riding. We finally arrived at the venue for the first day of Warped Tour. I was so stoked when my sister asked me to join her and her friends. Her insane friends. The guys in All Time Low. I had to get off the bus after being with them for two days straight. I told Jersey that I was gonna walk around and explore a bit. The sun was beating down on me, and I knew that I was going to get much more tan before the tour ended.

As I was walking around, I noticed a lot of guys staring at me. I just simply smiled at them. I was used to it. Every now and then, a guy would get the nerve to say hello, but nothing else. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, so I pulled it out and read the text message from my sister.

From Jersey:
When are you coming back to the bus?


I started replying, but dropped my phone when I accidentally ran into someone. I almost fell on my butt, but caught myself. "Watch where you're going!" instantly blaming whoever I collided with.

"I'm so sorry!" I heard a man's voice say. "Are you alright?"

I picked up my phone, then looked at the man that I came in close contact with. "I'm fine. Just be careful next time," I told him. He had bleached hair, bright blue eyes, and was tall and very skinny. He was wearing a white T-shirt and camouflage shorts. "My name's Kinley. I'm here with All Time Low. I'm their photographer for the tour," I said, holding my hand out for him to shake.

He grabbed my hand and gently shook it. "I'm Kyle. I'm the drummer in Forever The Sickest Kids. We were actually just playing football, and I wasn't watching where I was going. But I'm not sorry, because if I didn't run into you, I wouldn't have met you," he said with a smirk on his face.

I giggled quietly. "Smooth," I simply said, pulling my hand away. "Well, my sister texted me, and I think she wants me to head back to the bus. First, give me your phone." He looked at me with a confused expression on his face but did what I said. I took his phone and added my number in his contacts. "Text me sometime," I said, winked, then walked away. I felt him staring at me. Once again, I was used to it.

I walked back to the bus, only to find out that it was locked. I started knocking on it loudly, as hard as I could. Alex came to the door and opened it, then yelled "Stop banging on the door!"

"She's lowered her banging standards to doors?!" Jack hollered from the living area as I walked in. "I'm disappointed in you," he said, and I flipped him off. I pulled my tank top off, only wearing shorts and a purple bikini top. "Gah! Keep your clothes on!" Jack yelled, covering his eyes with his hands.

"Shut up! It's hot outside, and it's even hotter in here!" I said, throwing my shirt at him.

He looked at me with a seductive face. "It's only hot in here because I'm here," he said in a low voice, making me laugh and roll my eyes.

"Is that why the bunks are so cold?" Alexis said, coming into the living area from the bunks.

Jack's face lit up and he smiled widely as she sat down on his lap. "Hi, my pretty lady," he said and kissed her cheek.

She smiled then asked the dreaded question. "Are you being a good boy?"

Before Jack could even open his mouth, I said, "No! He's being a douche bag!" I smirked at them, knowing I was getting him in trouble.

"I was only telling the truth!" he shouted back at me.

"He said I bang doors!" I shouted, pointing my finger at him.

"Jack! That's not kind!" Alexis said, looking at him.

"But she was banging the door!" he shouted, copying me by pointing his finger toward me.

I stood up and threw my hands in the air, now causing a scene. "I was banging ON the door, because it was locked!"

"Guys! Shut up!" my sister, Jersey, chimed in. "I'm trying to work on this article," she said, then continue to type on her computer.

"That's all you ever do," I mumbled, then walked out, and to the back lounge, where Zack was. "Hey Zack," I said. He was laying on the couch, listening to his iPod.

"Hey!" he said, obviously stopping his music and taking his earbuds out of his ears. "You're not wearing a shirt." He sat up and I sat down beside him.

"You're observant!" I said, punching his muscular arm. He pouted and I kissed his cheek to make him feel better. His face got red and he smiled at me.

"So, what's up? Where have you been?" he asked me.

"I took a walk, came back, fought with Jack, got pissed at Jersey," I said, shrugging my shoulders. "What's new?"

He laughed slightly and shook his head. "You need to lighten up!"

I rolled my eyes, then looked at him. I smirked and straddled him, and kissed his neck once. "Do I really need to lighten up, babe?" I whispered in his ear, and gently bit it. I continued to kiss his neck, and he started to squirm. I smiled, satisfied with what I had done. Just as he was getting the nerve to kiss me, the door swung open.

"Ahh! My virgin eyes!" Alex screamed as ran away. I rolled my eyes and laid my head on Zack's shoulder.

"Fucking cock blocker," he whispered, causing me to laugh.

I was going to tell him that we could continue, but Jersey came in and interrupted me. "Kinley Grace Barker! Get off of him, right now!"

I rolled my eyes once again, sighing, but did what she said. "What?" I asked her, standing up and looking at her.

"I'm not going to act like your mother the entire summer! You're not going to fool around with random guys!" she shouted, her hands on her hips.

I threw my hands in the air. "I can do whatever I want! I'm an adult! You're not my mother!"

"I'm gonna slip out," Zack said, barely audible, as he stood up. I stopped him before he could even start walking to the door.

"Don't you dare go anywhere! Jersey can't stop us from doing what we want," I said, then kissed him. I caught him by surprise, but after a few seconds he realized what had happened and kissed me back passionately. I heard Jersey sigh, then walk out. I pulled away from Zack, and then kissed his cheek. "Thanks for playing along," I said, then sat down on the couch, as he stared at me with a confused look on his face. I had known him for years, and he still acted like he didn't know my little game.
♠ ♠ ♠
FIRST CHAPTER OF A NEW STORY!
So, this is my first co-write with Tori, and I believe that it is going to be a blast! Definitely leave some comments. This is just the first chapter, and it's gonna be good. So definitely subscribe! Love ya!