Can't Stop Looking

Everybody's Got Somebody But Me

It was Saturday. The day of my "date" with Kennedy. What a joke. It was early in the morning though so I had plenty of time to do well nothing. I was eating a bowl of cereal in front of my laptop when John bounded in yet again.
"What now O'Callaghan I'm already doing you a favor."
"And I love you for it but I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out before?"
"I mean like what John?" "I guess go hit some baseballs I dunno Scott I'm bored and it's only like the first week of summer."
"Alright give me fifteen minutes and I'll be downstairs now go." "Well it's nothing I've never seen before" he said winking but leaving as I threw my pillow at him. I was blushing. I go skinny dipping one time in my own backyard and I never hear the end of it. I put on a pair of jean shorts with an ASU tank top and a pair of black vans and walk downstairs to where John is talking to my younger sister, Lily.
"Alright O'Callaghan let's go. Lil tell mom I'll be back later but that I have my date tonight." I said cutting my eyes at John. "With who John?" she asked.
"Oh god no, she's triple dating with me and Halvo." John cut in telling my sister. But my words died in my throat, was I that repulsive? His words 'Oh god no' echoed in my ears as we got in his truck.
"What's wrong Scott?" he asked eyeing me curiously. "Nothing um just thinking about what to wear tonight is all."
"Nothing too slutty now." He said waving his finger at me. Not that you care. I thought sarcastically. And then it hit me. If he didn't think I was hot I'd make damn sure everybody else did.
We went out and hit baseballs for about two hours before it got so hot we thought we were going to keel over and die. So then we went to this dinner down the street from the batting cages and split an order of chili cheese fries.
"So are you excited for your date O'Callaghan?" I asked after a while.
"Meh, a little, these are the two hottest set of twins in our senior class." He said shrugging his shoulder. Great.
"Well then you and Halvo should be so lucky they're gracing you with their presence."
"Damn skippy!"
"Alright O'Callaghan it's getting late and I need to get ready take me home!" He drove home as we sung out to the radio. We pulled up in front of my house.
"Bye Elle, see you in a little bit!" He was so cute sometimes.
"Bye John, at least look decent ok!"
"Whatever Scott." He said and drove away.
I ransacked my closet for something to wear. Honestly I was dressing up for John and it sucked because I shouldn't feel like this about him. I finally decided on a deep purple v-neck shirt with a short pair of black shorts with a pair of black toms. I was sure they were not going to do anything spectacular because it was John and Halvo. Not slutty put probably not what John was expecting either.
At 8:15 John finally showed up. I got in the truck watching him eyeing me.
"What?" I snapped a little meaner than I probably should have.
"Jeeze nothing Elle. I was just going to say you looked nice."
"Thank you John." It's sad how much his opinion mattered to me.