Status: In Progress

Alpha & Hunter

Remembering

He was my brother.

The pain from the bullet wounds could never compare to the splitting sensation that was ripping through my skull. Wave after wave of images and emotions were crashing over me. I was witnessing all these memories but it seemed as if I was looking at someone else's life, not my own. It didn't make sense. I didn't have a brother; but why was my mind telling me that I did?

I tried concentrating on the images, biting back the screams in my throat. There was a small wood house and a barn; a young girl and boy chasing chickens; a woman with a soft smile; a horse with a white mane. None of these memories made sense. Everything was old and faded, as if the memories took place in an entirely different period of time.

I tried consoling myself in an attempt to untangle the pieces. I don't have a brother, I told myself. I have no family; Constantine is my family. He saved me. He taught me everything I knew and stole my heart. The tension in my body grew until I couldn't stand it. I fell into darkness once more, vivid pictures flashing behind my eyelids.

The second time I woke up I dared to open my eyes; thankfully, the lighting in the room was dim. I eased myself into consciousness, struggling with reality. Shapes and outlines became more clear and in a snap of panic I recalled what had happened. I jerked awake, eyes silver and alert. Clean bandages covered the bullet wounds and it was easier to breathe. Someone had treated me.

Confused, I tried to move only to find my hands and feet cuffed. The metal chair I sat in was cold and uncomfortable. Twitching in annoyance, I tried to keep my anger in check. The metal links around my wrists and ankles burned faintly, and I realized they were made of silver. Sick purple veins trailed up my forearms from where the silver rubbed against my bare skin. Were the bastards, whoever they were, trying to poison me?

I had been sitting in silence for a short while before that fucking voice spoke again.

"You're awake; good. I was beginning to worry."

I growled. "Maybe you should have thought of that before you shot me."

"It's not like it could have killed you."

My lips tightened in a thin line, too exhausted to argue. I snarled as the lights came on, bright and florescent. "Shit! Yah fucking bastard."

"I knew my father; as did you."

"I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. How about we get to the part where you let me go?"

The man frowned. His features steadily became more clear and I bit the insides of my cheeks to hide my startled reaction. He was tall and muscular, but still slim. His skin was sweetly olive-toned, and his hair charcoal black hair was cut into a neat mohawk. His facial features were the most unsettling thing about him. He looked like me, yet younger and his eyes were a cool mint green, more sky blue towards the center. I tried scooting away from him, but of course I couldn't move. More memories sliced through my brain, causing me too gasp.

"Painful, isn't it?" He said solemnly, pulling up a chair to sit across from me. "Remembering is the hardest part."

I swallowed the lump in my throat, my breathing labored.

"Who are you?"

"You know exactly who am I. The real question, do you want to accept the truth?"

I groaned, sweat trickling down my neck. "The truth of what exactly? Please, enlighten me." I spat, unable to keep the bitter tone out of my voice. He ignored me and leaned forward, his once stoic expression turned more hopeful.

"Gabriel. Who am I?"

"The fuck if I know. Some random fuck who kidnapped me?"

He shook his head, murmuring swears under his breath.

"Gabe, please. Concentrate. Who am I? Look within yourself."

I scoffed, a snarl growing on my lips, but somehow our eyes locked and a tremor swept through me. This didn't make sense. What the fuck was happening?! I struggled again, trying to release myself from his gaze; I couldn't look away. I was trapped and all at once it hit me. The realization was the the single most painful thing I had ever experienced.

"Sorin. Sorin, my little brother..."

He smiled, blinking away tears.

"I knew you'd come around, big brother."
♠ ♠ ♠
aww brotherly love