Status: In Progress

Alpha & Hunter

Bitter Fruits

Nothing.

My file was empty.

The only thing inside was a faded picture of me from about 150 years ago. I stood frozen with shock, and then frustrated rage. No, this wasn't right! This file was suppose to explain everything, to untangle my past and give me some form of closure. I quickly flipped through the other files; all had pages and pages of detailed past lives and other information, and yet mine was empty. Sorin's words echoed in my head, /He really has you fooled; that's what he does best/. Snarling I flipped the table over, my heart slamming against my ribs. With the files scattered over the floor I noticed the small vial and dagger. The dagger had the initials C.R. etched into it. Impatiently I grabbed both relics and stuffed them into a pack.

It was dark outside, the moon shrouded in gray clouds. I had slipped out of the mansion undetected; the last thing I needed was to be hounded by the other pack members for answers of Constantine's whereabouts. Something was defiantly wrong, and as much as I hated to admit it I needed Sorin's help. The problem was that I had no idea how to find him. Standing among the trees on the mansion's outskirts I stared at the elegant building with a growing disdain. I wondered if I would ever return to this place again. There were so many uncertainties running through my mind I felt dizzy.

Trying to sort my thoughts I concentrated on my first task; tracking down Sorin. Hopefully he hadn't completely disregarded me. My sense of trust was cracked and the mere thought of Constantine made my blood boil and my stomach clench. Had he really lied to me? I shook my head, fighting back wave after wave of raw emotion. I hated that I felt everything so deeply; and I hated Constantine...didn't I? The most logical thing at the current moment was to hate him but centuries of shared moments had made it difficult to shove out my complicated love for him.

Breathing in deeply I headed down the road, keeping to the shadows with one hand tight on a pistol. I was cautious, keeping my pace steady. I'd been walking for about twenty minutes when I heard a rustle in the nearby woods; the air was still so I couldn't quite catch a scent. My emotions were making my senses fuzzy. I froze, finger dancing on the trigger of my gun. Out of the darkness a knife sunk into my chest; roaring I lashed out, catching my attacker on the side of the head. The contact made a loud crack and the figure crumpled to the ground. Without hesitation I fired a few rounds into it's head.

"Fuck, ow." I murmured under my breath. The knife burned my flesh and I quickly realized it was silver. I removed it but could already feel the silver doing its dirty work on my system. The blade must have been coated in silver nitrate. Kneeling down I pulled back the hood my attacker was wearing and was shocked to see the dead eyes of Lionus staring back at me. What the fuck? What the fuck! I wanted to deny that it was the book keeper but I wasn't stupid. Or was I? I had no time to dwell on what just happened. Adrenaline fueling I took off down the road again, this time running as fast as I could.

Don't think, I told myself. Just keep moving. Find Sorin. Don't think. Just keep moving.

Find Sorin.
♠ ♠ ♠
its been a looooong time since i've done anything with this story but i thought i'd come back to it to see how things went. lemme know !