Status: In Progress

Alpha & Hunter

Blood Money

The florescent glow of street lamps framed the contours of my face, causing me to appear slightly wild. Embers from my cigarette ignited small flames in my eyes as smoke curled against my cheekbones and disappeared into the night air. I walked with a casual swiftness that I had perfected to go unnoticed by human eyes. I was close now. I could sense the presence of my fellow high member growing stronger as I reached the meeting place. I quickened my pace, the hot blood in my veins rushing with anticipation. It had been weeks since I had last fed, and I grew restless. The meeting brought promise of a hunt. I broke into a run, my feet hardly touching the ground. I blended with the darkness and skimmed the edges of the buildings with the tip of my fingers.

The bridge stretched out across the river, rising high above the ebony water. With nimble limbs I scoured the webbing that lined the edges of the bridge and rose up to the high arches. Mist shrouded the peaks of the arch and he welcomed the cool dampness that lingered on my skin. With a final leap I balanced steadily on top of the arch, silver eyes flickering. I sensed the other creature before I saw him.

"Hello, Ezio."

"...Gabriel."

I turned on my heel, my hands resting in the pockets of my jacket. Ezio stared at me intensely, in a way that almost resembled fear. He should fear me, I thought smugly. After all, I am the Head Hunter. I could crush him at any moment, and he knows it. The knowledge made my lips twitch in pleasure.

"The money will be delivered tomorrow at 3 p.m., in the top floor of the Silva Hotel." Ezio said slowly, as if choosing his words carefully.

"Very well." Rolling my shoulders, I turned to leave, my muscles tensing in preparation to jump. I was stopped when I heard Ezio's hesitant voice behind me.

"Constantine wants you back at the mansion. Now."

When I turned to lash out, a growl rumbling in my throat, I was greeted by still air. Ezio had fled. "Smart move," I grumbled. There was a reason Ezio was the pack's messenger; he was quick on his feet. But, faced with an actual fight he wouldn't stand a chance. Snarling under my breath I maneuvered my way back down the bridge where a sleek black car was waiting for me.