Status: In Progress

Alpha & Hunter

Claws Extended

The Lumina Lumii Mansion was a gleaming splendor all on its own. The dark brick walls crawling with ivy extended high towards the sky, mounted with pillars and gargoyles. It was concealed by a long driveway lined with massive trees that stood guard like titans. White rose bushes could be seen everywhere. Stray ivory petals tumbled across my feet as I approached the blood red doors leading into the belly of the mansion. My face was drawn into an expression of calm that disguised the rage swelling beneath my skin.

Once inside, everything was quiet. Most of the pack members would either be out on assignments or hunting. I made my way to the fifth floor in a matter of moments, climbing each staircase gracefully and swiftly. I stopped when I reached a hallway bathed in soft candlelight. Dark blue doors stood at the end of the hallway, and the gentle notes of a piano could be heard. Despite my efforts, a lump had formed in the back of my throat and a chill crept up my spine. I shook my head, annoyed. This was ridiculous. Out of all the creatures in the mansion, I should be the last one to be hesitant to go through those doors, I thought bitterly.

I considered knocking but decided otherwise. Instead, I opened the door roughly, allowing it to bang against the wall. The handle left a reasonable dent in the plaster. The music stopped abruptly, and a pair of aqua blue eyes peered over the raised top of the grand piano. I met them with my own harsh silver gaze.

"Why have I been summoned?" I snapped, slamming the door shut and appearing alongside the piano.

The other man remained silent as he closed the keys and put down the top of the piano with slow, precise movements.

"Its nice to see you too, Gabriel."

"Constantine. You know damn well I was meant to hunt tonight."

"Things change. I need you here."

Deep claw marks were left in the sleek black top of the piano as I growled loudly. The tension in the air had escalated dramatically. One small spark could send the situation up in flames. I could smell Constantine's anger, but the other lycan did well to keep his body language relaxed.

"You always were dramatic, Gabe." Constantine said. He walked over to a mini bar and poured two glasses of rich whiskey. I sat down at the bar, my shoulders tense and my jaw clenched. I swallowed the liquor in one gulp and Constantine refilled the glass automatically.

"You don't actually need me here. You just want me here. There's a difference."

Constantine pursed his lips in thought and shrugged briskly. "Does it matter? I am the Alpha. You must obey me."

I let my glass fall to the floor, shattering as it hit the hardwood. I stood up and turned towards the door, intent on leaving. With a growl I was yanked roughly to the floor.

"You, my Gabriel, are not going anywhere."