Status: In Progress

Alpha & Hunter

Recall

It had been two months since the last time I was at the mansion, and to be honest, I could care less. I was relieved actually. The aching weight on my shoulders was slowly lifting, evaporating into the air. If I had been an average pack member Constantine would have me hunted down and killed me for running off. But, I wasn't an average pack member. The complicated relationship that lingered between Constantine and I aided in my ability to do as I please. Constant wouldn't be happy with me when I returned, but like most things, I simply did not care.

There were countless times in which I considered never going back to the mansion. I fantasized instead about traveling and making my own life, in places where no one knew me. The idea was intoxicating. Unfortunately, something always brought me back to reality. The reality was that no matter what I did I wouldn't able to escape the House; Constant would find me. I didn't understand how it was possible to hate someone so much and love them at the same time.

Perhaps I simply felt obligated to love Constantine. After all, he was the one who had taken care of me all those centuries ago when I had nothing. I remember waking up in the forest; the earth was damp and rich beneath me, and my senses were throbbing from being so overwhelmed. I could hear every little sound around me, as if they were inside my very head. At the time I couldn't even recall my own name. And then a man came; he was quiet and calm and had the most frighteningly beautiful blue eyes.

I left the House for two main reasons; one, I was sick of dealing with Constantine. He's like a sour candy you can only have so much of before you get sick. And two, our rival pack, the House of Sangue, was starting to make more offensive attacks on us. I really just didn't want to deal with it. Instead, I went to Rome and spent two months drinking and sleeping. It was relaxing, but eventually it dawned on me I would have to return. It was my duty as the General Hunter to command the other hunters in the House.

Our rival pack and Constantine's rage were actually at the bottom of my list of priorities. There was something else that was itching at my conscious. Over the course of the last century the itch had intensified to where I could hardly stand it. I needed to know what happened three hundred years ago.

The problem was, I had no idea where to begin.