Status: In Progress

Alpha & Hunter

Between the Pages

"Lionus, I need your help."

The handsome bookkeeper snapped his attention from the scrolls in his hands to where I stood. He took a hesitant step from the ladder he was perched on, green eyes wide. Lionus was slim and agile, certainly not built to be a hunter. His dark auburn hair was tousled, one side shaved. Sleek black glasses perched on his nose and complimented his defined features. I'd always been partial to Lionus; he was my closest friend inside the House. Apparently I was the only one who he could stand talking too.

Lionus was highly educated, so it was only practical that he would be the House's bookkeeper. Once you stepped foot into the library, you were under his command. He even had a small hand of authority over me. I waited patiently for him to complete his work; if there was anything I knew about Lionus, it was that you never rushed him. When he finished arranging a pile of scrolls into a organized pile, he descended from the ladder with slow, precise movements.

"Does Constantine know you're back?" He asked, searching my face. This was the type of confrontation I had been hoping to avoid. I tugged at the strings of the green hoodie I was wearing in an attempt to remain casual.

"No."

Lionus nodded, concentration laced into his face as he gnawed on his bottom lip. "Good," He said at last, tapping his chin. He gestured me towards his office, which sat behind a pair of frosted glass doors. He landed in a large leather chair behind his desk, taking off his glasses and running a tired hand over his face. He looked at me wordlessly for a few moments, a hidden knowledge flickering in his gaze. After what felt like hours he finally cleared his throat and readjusted himself.

"What exactly do you need Gabriel? Things have been chaotic since you left, as I'm sure you're aware." Lionus's tone was slightly impatient, but calm all the same. He paused, as if listening for something. Shaking his head he put his glasses back on.

"As your friend, I'm going to be honest. You're a real shitty fuckface sometimes."

"Thanks for that, Lionus."

"Hey, I'm being honest."

"I know." I breathed in deeply, pushing my hood back to run a slow hand through my hair. Already I was regretting my decision to come back. It wouldn't be long before news of my return reached Constantine, and once it did, things would only take a turn for the worse.

"Listen, Lionus, I need your help with something." I said, letting my hands fall into my lap with a sigh.

"Depends. Unlike you, I actually do my job, and I have important shit to do."

"Don't act so high and mighty! Fuck, I just need a favor, okay?" I said, exasperated. Lionus was indeed my friend, but he could certainly be a prick. Lionus stared at me, and it took me a moment to realize that he was waiting for me to continue talking.

"Okay. I need you to pull up my file."

"You know I can't do that. All the Elite members' files are with Constantine."

I leaned over Lionus's desk, my brow furrowed. My eyes had changed to a metallic silver.

"Yes you can. Please Lionus, I'll explain later." I found his hand and curled my fingers around it. The bookkeeper silently glanced at our hands before looking up into my face.

"Fine. I need a few days though. Now get out of here."

Smiling, I gave his hand a squeeze before slipping out of the library.
♠ ♠ ♠
you guys should tell me which you like better, gabriel and constantine, or gabriel and lionus. ;D