Status: In Progress

Alpha & Hunter

Secrets Don't Make Friends

"Romania."

"Don't waste my time, Gabriel."

I grabbed the book Lionus was holding and threw it across the room. I wasn't in the mood for his sarcasm or his snobby attitude. Normally I could extend my patient for the bookkeeper, but the current situation had made me beyond irritable. I was surprised that I hadn't had a total meltdown of some kind. Lionus picked up on my internal rage and raised slowly from his desk, taking off his glasses and setting them down.

"Ugh...okay. What about Romania?" He asked, gazing at me with a raised eyebrow.

I threw my arms up in the air, exasperated. I ran a hand through my already messy hair a few times before letting my arms fall limply to my sides once more.

"Constantine isn't even here. He's in fucking Romania."

"What? Who the hell told you that?" Lionus demanded, putting his glasses back on and coming around the desk to stand in front of me.

I shifted my feet, annoyed. "Ezio."

Groaning, Lionus planted his hands on his hips. "Fuck. It must be true then. Did he mention why?"

"No, just that he was there on 'private business', whatever the hell that means." Flopping down in a chair I sprawled my legs over the arm, my jaw tightly clenched. I sensed Lionus approach me, and I didn't bother to look until he had knelt down beside me. There was a soft tone in his green eyes, and I found myself staring at him with a rich intensity. I was snapped back into reality by his quiet laughter.

"Don't worry about it, Gabe." He said, resting a hesitant hand on my arm. The air seemed to become very quiet and still in that moment. I sat up properly and carefully maneuvered my way down to the floor where Lionus was kneeling. I had no idea what was coming over me, and to be honest, it was frightening. A fire burned low in my gut and heard the bookkeeper's breath quicken. The tension in the space between us was electrified, and before I knew it the gap was closed.

The smaller male's lips were soft and smooth, and tasted faintly of mint. Smiling into the kiss I gently pulled away, amused to see the stunned expression on Lionus's face. Without speaking I took off his glasses and rested them on the desk. With careful fingers I pushed him until his back was flat against the hardwood so I could lean between his legs. I reunited our lips and deepened the kiss when I felt the bookkeeper's fingers lace into the hair at the back of my neck, tugging slightly.

Slipping my hand down to the inside of Lionus's thigh, I --

"Gabriel! Constantine wants to see you. Right now!" The doors to Lionus's office burst open and I glanced up to see Ezio standing there, alarmed and embarrassed. I stood up, and as I did lifted up Lionus as well. Before Ezio had the chance to run, I grabbed him by the throat and dragged him through the library. I paused only to kick open the library doors and throw him into a stone pillar in the the entry way.

"Take this as a warning, Ezio. Don't let this happen again. I doubt Constantine would be happy with finding your slaughtered body."

Ezio stared at me for only a few seconds before disappearing, leaving a few splatters of blood in his place. The pathetic part was I had completely forgotten about Lionus; they only thing my mind could focus on was Constantine.

And that he was back.