Status: New Story!

Chasing Pavements

Misery

Image

The hallways were just as crowded as they always were, but today I felt clausterphobic. The hall seemed to become smaller and smaller with each step. More students filled the tight space, pushing and shoving against one another. Finally, I came to my locker. The 2234th locker in the building. Turning the dial my mind was elsewhere. I had a huge Biology test coming up this Friday and I hadn't even cracked open the book yet. Sure, I sat in on the lectures (a few more than I should have) and jotted down amazing notes, but it didn't feel like enough. Sighing, I pulled up the lever and the lock sprang open.

" Skye! Skyee!" huh? I turned to see my best friend, Alexis, standing next to me with an annoyed look on her face, "Are you ignoring me or something?"

I shoved a few books into my locker, "No, I'm not. Sorry. I don't know where my head is.."

She laughed her usual, all too girly laugh and flipped her hair, "I don't know either, but.." She trailed off and her gaze was now elsewhere. I picked up my Biology notebook and curiously followed her gaze. Holy shit. There he was. Mr. Badass walking down the hallway, his gang of douche bags following quickly in suit. "What the hell is he doing here? Since when does Seth Green come to school?"

Yes, Mr. Badass had a name. Seth Green, to be exact, and we had all rights to wonder why he was here. Seth Green does not come to school, no. He is far too busy doing drugs and smoking cigerettes to attend school. Ew, I thought, he makes me sick.

"Don't stare, Lex, he'll think your checking him out and that's by far the worst possible thing that could happen," her gaze didn't falter, "Lex! You'll give him a complex!"

She shook her head as if she was trying to shake his image from her brain, "Sorry, but have you seen him? He's gorgeous." Sadly, I have seen him and if I had the choice, I would never see him again. I don't know what she sees in him. Seth Green is not gorgeous by any means. Sure, he's got blond hair, and I'm a sucker for blondes, but the whole jist of his exsistance makes him ugly.

"Sure, whatever," I took one last look at Mr. Badass before turning and walking away from both him and a shouting Alexis. I've had enough of him for one day.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is in present day.