Forget Me.

Cruel

My hands began to claw at my throat as the rope began to constrict my windpipe; I tore at the skin beneath it hoping for more time.

I gasped for air.

“Please no, no not again,” I pleaded, but he simply stared with no expression in his white eyes. Tears escaped me, I knew I was going to die as the rope grew tighter and tighter. My feet dangled uselessly below me.

“Why are you doing this?” I whispered with my final breath. His face grew sad but his mouth remained in a grim line and without a word he simply shrugged his shoulders and turned away.

That was when I woke up.

I use to scream, I use to wake up holding my throat and gasping for air but not anymore. Now I just tell myself over and over again that it was all a dream. I sat up on my bed that creaked under my weight and turned to my bedside table, I opened the top draw and retrieved my diary and quickly scribbled down a few notes, when I wrote all that I could rememeber I put the date at the bottom, 19/09/2012. I flicked through the hundreds of pages all dedicated to the same man who haunted my dreams for as long as I could remember.

I sighed and snapped it shut, I looked over at my clock that ticked quietly away to itself and to my dismay I found it was only four in the morning. With no chance of falling asleep again I got out of bed, with relief of feeling my feet firmly on the cold wooden floor boards.

Before I took a step I looked blankly before me and said under my breath, “My name is Kate Hunter and I am not crazy.”