‹ Prequel: Can't Stop Lovin' You
Status: Active

Where Have You Been?

#10

"good night Virginia! This tour had been such a pleasure and I can't believe we're actually going out of the good ole US of A after our hometown show!" Alex shout as the crowd went crazy.

"waddup VA? You want some more of this?" jack yelled as he streamed his guitar.

"stop showing off, Jack! We have a show to put on. Alright hotties, here's time bomb!" Alex smacked Jack's head and started playing the intro of the song.

It was a pretty sweaty show and Alex was more than glad to perform in front of those hotties out there. But he spot how jack wasn't there the whole show. He found some missing knots and it bother him as much.

Jack on the other hand couldn't stop staring back and forth toward the spot where Savannah and Shane watched him rocking out. He as scared someone would have noticed them, but he was also afraid he would lose them anytime soon.

As soon as the show was over, the band put Jack inside the judging room, that was just a green room before the show even started. He knew what everything was all about. It's about how bad he messed up during the show, but before the band could say a word, Savannah came inside with Shane and didn't look so happy.

"I've seen you play a lot of shows, but that was the worst one." savannah sighed as she asked Shane to go to Zack.

"I know I messed up." jack grinned.

"what is it, Jack? Look, I'm sorry I've ruined your life. You know I could always go and never look back to this day. Letting you live your life."

"that was pretty selfish, Van. You can't do that, not to our boy. Neither to me. I'm his dad." Jack pleased.

There was a brief moment of silent back there but Jack couldn’t put his mind on what was striking him so hard that made him so stunned. But one thing for sure Jack couldn’t take his eyes off the girl standing before him with a sweet smile he hadn’t seen in a while. He was trying to control himself but failed at the attempt to.

He took a towel on that was on the couch as he wiped away his sweat off his forehead and approached the girl closer, leaning to get a better sight and took a deeper look onto Savannah’s green eyes. She didn’t blink, only the heavy breath filled the air, and everything seemed to be just okay.

“What is it now?” Jack scoffed with a disbelief look over the door that cracked opened.

“Savannah it’s Shane!” Riley said, panic was all over her faces and Savannah knew something was not right.

Quickly Savannah rushed out of the green room to where Riley was leading her to and there she found her son collapsing on the floor on Zack’s lap. She knew for sure that Shane was unconscious and she flipped the moment she realized her son was having a trouble breathing through his own breathing system.

“Call 911 now! Somebody do it!” Savannah yelled.

“I already called, they’re sending one ambulance to the venue now, they said it wouldn’t take more than fifteen minutes.” Rian told Savannah but it didn’t work.

“My son couldn’t wait for that long!” Jack rushed passed everyone he saw on the way and started pushing on Shane's chest and have the first help Shane could got.

CPR was the first one that crept onto Jack's mind, wishing that would save his son's life. Jack could hear a siren from the back of the venue and that meant the ambulance was already there.

With no doubt, Jack lifted Shane off Zack's lap and ran as fast as he could toward the back door of the venue, where he probably would find a group of girls or two waiting the band to came out.

"Hang in there, buddy. Daddy's gotcha." Jack said to Shane, whispering in almost no sound but he barely held his tears back.

Jack sprung the door opened to find some of his fans were there for some autographs and pictures but he couldn't. He couldn't bear with bunch of fangirls right now because his son's life was at a stake.

"Can I take a picture with you?" said one of this stubborn brunette who was blocking Jack's way to the ambulance.

"Look miss, we have a little boy's life at a stake and you have to let him through !" said one of the medical team.

"But I want my picture with Jack Barakat!" she demanded and Jack had to scolded her off his way.

The other guys were running to catch up with Jack who was now sitting inside the ambulance right at the place where Shane needed his father to be at. Right by his side.

"Is he going to be okay?" Savannah joined Jack inside the ambulance.

The medic shut the door closed and they drove to the hospital as soon as they could. The man on green put on an oxygen masker on Shane and Savannah wouldn't let go off her son's hand.

"He'll be fine, Van." Jack said, putting his arms around Savannah's shoulder.

"What is wrong with him?" Savannah looked up to the man on green.

"we don't know for sure yet, ma'am but we'll find out once we get to the hospital. But my best guess is it's either food poisoning or food allergic." He carried on.

As they reached the hospital, Jack followed Savannah everywhere she goes and he realized some eyes were on them when it happened but he couldn’t care less. He just wanted to hear the news that his son was safe and sound. He just wanted Shane to be okay.

Back in the venue, chaos happened. Some girls were speculating stuff and some of them were right. Matt had to figure out a way out of the hard questions because he believed Jack and Savannah might need a little support in the hospital. So he tried to reason with the girls, but Matt knew when the morning comes, the first thing he had to deal with was a guy from the label screaming over this clumsiness he made.

******

“Will my son be okay, Doc?” Savannah rushed toward the doctor that just got out from the emergency unit.

“He’s taken care of for now, Miss Ash. It was caused by an allergic, but we handled that. And right now, I’m scheduling your son for some allergic test.” The doctor said as he left and Savannah grew quiet.

“He’s okay, our son’s okay.” Jack smiled as he pulled Savannah into a warm hug.

Savannah looked up to the guy who held her close as she smiled and led him into the room. Inside, Shane was already asleep and something stroke Savannah real bad. She remembered the last time she was in a hospital, she remembered how her mother was lying on her hospital bed lifeless, and she couldn’t imagine that to happen all over again. She just couldn’t.

A little tear escaped her beautiful green eyes, but she didn’t want Jack to notice that. She held herself together, that was until she heard Riley’s voice behind her. Quickly Savannah turned to the girl behind her and crashed onto her hug, buried her face on Riley’s shoulder so she could just sobbed her heart out.

“He’s going to be okay, Van. I met the doctor outside and he said he’s going to be okay.” Riley whispered to comfort Savannah.

“I can’t afford to lose anyone else. He’s all I’ve got.” Savannah sobbed, but Jack caught that one.

“Van, what are you talking about? Shane’s not all you’ve got. You have me, there’s this smartass Riley and her hulk-alike boyfriend Zack, then there’s Alex the party animal, and Rian the daddy like guy.” Jack joined the conversation. “But me, most importantly. You have me and Shane.” Jack said trying to convince Savannah.

“Shane’s the only family I have.” Savannah looked up to Jack.

“You don’t need to be blood related to be a family. I am your family right now, Van. The rest of the All Time Low is your family right now, you were never alone.” Riley said.

“And never will have to be.” Jack continued.

Jack knew that Savannah would be a lot more open if she was left alone with Riley and it would actually make her feel better, so he decided to got out of the room, giving them their privacy and maybe he could heard something nice from the crew.

Just as he got out, he found the guys were extremely anxious. Jack knew something was up and whatever it was, it was nowhere good, and for once, Jack just wanted to know the bad things ahead everything else. He approached his band mates and they tried to put on a smile.

“We’re glad he’s going to be okay.” Alex said, walking closer to him.

“What’s going on? Stop the crap, Alex. I know something is wrong. What is it?”

No one was saying anything but everyone was holding their phones, so Jack knew whatever it is, it must be related to the phone. He thought it was a text message at first but then he knew it was the internet. Quickly he opened his twitter and turned out, his mention tab was blowing up. Some are saying about how fun the show was, but the rest was asking about a picture of him holding Shane.

“Did I ruin this band already?” Jack muttered in a very slow voice, still looking at his phone’s screen, leaving his band mates with an absurd look at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking so long to update this one. I'm not sure if this update leads up to your expectation... but enjoy the chapter!
Feedbacks?

-Amelia