‹ Prequel: Can't Stop Lovin' You
Status: Active

Where Have You Been?

#13

The band just got to their Baltimore band’s house when Flyzik’s phone stared ringing uncontrollably loud and annoying. Even though it had been ringing ever since the news spread, he didn’t actually bother any of those unknown numbers who called in until this one. It was the label’s head publishing ringing him from the other part of the United States, California.

“Dude, are you going to take the call?” Rian asked in concern.

“I don’t know Rian, talking to anyone from the label would be the last thing on my list right now.” Flyzik sighed.

“You have to answer it or he’ll be ringing…” Alex said before he got cut off.

“I’ll take the phone call.” Jack said from the back of Flyzik and immediately took the phone off Flyzik’s hand.

There was this awkward silent the second Jack answered the phone call. Jack hadn’t even had the chance to say ‘hello’ but Matt could already heard someone was bursting their thoughts on the other side of the phone. Realizing how Jack’s facial expression changed drastically, Flyzik knew he wasn’t supposed to be answering the call.

Quickly Flyzik took over his phone and walked away from the band members, leaving all of them in confusion. Riley, Savannah, and Shane were on the other room to let Shane catch his so much needed rest from the trip to Baltimore from Virginia so they didn’t know what was going on, and the band tried to keep it from them.

The band’s practice room was still extremely quiet. Jack was not saying any word but he was definitely freaking out. His band members could tell that from his facial expression even though he hadn’t said a word yet.

“What did the guy told you?” Alex embraced himself to start a conversation.

Nothing came out of Jack’s mouth. He buried his face on his hands and sobbed quietly. He hated it when people saw his vulnerable side. Back when Savannah was gone without any word, he turned into a total bastard that he could barely recognize the Jack inside of him, but this one was different. Not only he put himself on the edge, Jack also put his band on the edge.

“I ruin everything.” Jack said in a very low voice that almost sounds like a whisper.

Everyone was loss at words because they knew that this was either going to be a proof that no matter what storm hits them bad, they would always got back stronger or they would just crumble and never got back up. Alex was terrified thinking how this was going to be the end of his musical carrier. Zack was starting to break down and Rian thought that this might be it.

Everyone was out of their minds for one bad minute until Flyzik walked back to them. All four of them knows every kind of faces Matt makes in all kinds of condition but this one. Alex would’ve said Flyzik was upset, Jack thought he was angry, meanwhile Zack was sure he knew it as a disappointed look and Rian thought he was going to blow up.

“What is it, man?” Rian asked in anxious, but nothing came out of Matt’s mouth.

As much as Flyzik wanted to deliver the news to the band, he couldn’t even open his mouth wider than an inch. He wanted to speak but something was on his throat and he could feel something heavy weighted on his chest. Like he had just gotten a huge punch from John Cena. Jack and Flyzik exchanged a look before Matt took a deep breath and sat down.

“They don’t like this news, guys. They wanted Jack to deny the rumor.” Flyzik spoke in a breath.

“Are you kidding us? No way, dude. There is no way Jack or us would deny the rumor!” Alex said defending his best friend. “Shane is the reason why Savannah came back to us and she took a part of the growth of this band, if they can’t take it then…”

“They will drop your international tour dates.” Flyzik said, heavily, with guilt all over his face.

“Why don’t they just kick us out of the label?” Zack scoffed, making his point straight.

None of them really paid a close attention to Jack when they heard the news, every each of them has their own point of view but Jack had completely lost his. Jack walked out of the room, heading toward his favorite part of the house whenever he’s sad, the rooftop.

He wanted to do the world tour, he wanted to spend his time with his family, and he wanted the band to keep on making music. All thoughts colliding inside one man’s brain was a little too much to handle. He wanted to scream but he didn’t want to attract any attention from his friends.

Jack wouldn’t mind quitting the band, but he wasn’t ready to face Savannah, the girl who he already proposed, and tell her how broke of a man he was. Savannah might have a good financial but he was going to feel super useless and he didn’t like any sound of it.

Meanwhile inside the practice room, everyone was still arguing about the deal the label offered. They had already done some interviews the previous morning and they was also going to be on a radio show within approximately two hours.

Alex grunted in frustration and threw a bottle of beer he was holding to the ground when he couldn’t find Jack anywhere inside the room. He was definitely frustrated about this condition and not having Jack in the discussion was the last thing he needed. He was mad, he was upset, but he couldn’t let it all out.

“Dude, we have a child in this house!” Zack said, reminding Alex that the band was no longer like it used to. “You cant just throw things like that, what if Shane came here running? The pieces of that broken bottle might hurt him!” Zack added as Alex took a deep breath.

“I’m going to talk to Jack now, see if maybe he has something to say about this one.” Alex sighed.

“Yeah but keep your head together. Don’t show Jack that we’re this vulnerable..” Rian reminded Alex as the singer walked up to the only place he knew Jack would be at.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took a while until I finally post this! But since it's up, I hope you enjoy reading this one.
Any thoughts about what next chapter should be? Send me your feedbacks? :)

-Amelia