‹ Prequel: Can't Stop Lovin' You
Status: Active

Where Have You Been?

#17

“Thank you Amsterdam for an incredible night! Man you people are such a hot mess!” Alex shouted as the crowd shouted even louder.

Jack grabbed his last guitar for the night from Danny’s hand as he peek over the side stage and found his little boy was watching him excitedly. Jack felt good knowing how Shane is finally realizing why music takes such a huge part in his dad’s life, even though sometimes he whined about some little things.

“If you can get louder than this, I believe we can be squeezed in a room and have sex together!” Alex chuckled as Jack glanced over his band mate.

“Uncle Alex! Word!” Jack said, mimicking his son’s voice and face expression.

“Seriously Alex, that’s fucked up.” Zack replied from the other side of the stage which made the crowd chanted louder.

“Guys!” Jack sighed. “Shane, go to mommy and don’t listen to what your uncle Jack and Zack just said.” He continued as he glanced over Shane’s direction.

The crowd got crazy the moment Jack started bringing the talk about Shane up. They wanted to see Shane, but after what happened back in Baltimore, he couldn’t put his son’s life at risk by bringing him on stage. Exposing him to the media was the last thing Jack had on his mind about Shane’s childhood.

“Okay guys, let’s do this right!” Alex shouted as he strummed his guitar and played the last song of their show, Dear Maria.

***

“Thanks for letting us stay here, Aunt Nelly.” Riley said, talking to her aunt who sat down on the dining table.

“Of course, baby. It’s been too long this huge house stayed quiet. I love how you and your friends light up the house even more than it used to. Especially I get to play with that charming boy, Shane.” Riley’s aunt answered her loving niece with a strong Dutch accent. “I miss the states even more.” The 65 years old woman chuckled as her eyes wander around, remembering the times before she moved all the way to Europe.

“You need to get some rest, Aunt Nelly. It’s past midnight.” Riley kissed the top of her aunt’s head as she plopped herself onto the nearest couch she could find, waiting for her boyfriend to come out of the bathroom.

On the other side of the house, Jack and Savannah had just put Shane to bed. Riley set up their rooms while they were still busy with the band’s stuff and put Jack, Savannah, and Shane in a room, the biggest one with the most comfortable bed Riley’s aunt could serve a guest.

“Well, I cant believe I'm actually here with you and our little boy…” Jack said, staring at his sleeping son and look up to Savannah who sat down on next to where Shane was sleeping.

“I can’t believe I'm going out with this mega band all time low after almost breaking the band with my…” Savannah tried to finish the sentence but she was cut off with Jack’s lip attached on hers.

“No, I'm not going to talk any of those that passed us.” Jack whispered, leaning down toward Savannah’s ear, wanting to do more but realize that there was a little boy sleeping inside the same room with them.

“Aren’t you tired?” Savannah chuckled as Jack stood tall.

“It sorts of just disappeared when he ran toward me after show. I’ve seen him so excited but I’ve never felt more alive than tonight when I held him close…” Jack said, taking a breath when suddenly the door opens. “Zack?” he added.

“I was just thinking that maybe Shane could sleep with me and Riley for the night…” Zack shrugged but went silent the moment he realized Shane was already asleep. “Or maybe not.” He said, closing the door and Jack walked to kill the light before joining the little boy and his mother, the woman he had fallen for ever since high school days.

-----------

“Breakfasts are ready!” Riley shouted from the dining room.

Riley always loved talking to her aunt about anything. Back during the high school days, Riley used to accompany her aunt Nelly for hours. Preparing breakfast is something that isn’t so much like Riley, but remembering she had a bunch of guys, one lady friend and a little boy in this tour, she felt like she had to be the one serving breakfast in any possible way.

It was a cold December morning in Europe and nobody liked the fact they had to go out on tour and fight the crazy weather. And the fact they were going to stay in cheap motels means the heater won’t work just as good as the one inside Riley’s aunt’s house.

It was however, a lovely breakfast for everyone. Riley knew how much everyone loves pancake which goes best with blueberry, maple, or chocolate syrup. But earlier, Riley’s aunt had made special topping for them all. Melted cheese with some seasoning - that she wouldn’t give the secret until Riley is married to someone - served while hot and poured onto the delicious slice of pancakes.

“Where are you guys going after Amsterdam?” Aunt Nelly asked.

“We’re heading to Munich now, Ma’am.” Alex said, sipping the hot coffee from his mug.

“I haven’t been there in years! You guys are going to enjoy the stay there!” The old lady said with a smile. “Which hotel are you guys staying at?” She added.

“Uhm.. We don’t have enough budget to stay in an actual hotel, so…” Flyzik said, but got cut off without having his sentence finished.

“You guys are just going to sleep in the tour bus?” she raised her tone and most of everyone there just nodded in unison. “Why didn’t you tell me this earlier, dear?” She added, glancing over her niece.

“Because we had an agreement that we’re all okay with cheap motels and tour bus sleep over nights…” Riley said, not even sure what she wanted to say.

“Christmas is a week away, where would you be then?” The old woman said, grabbing her phone off the table.

“We’ll be in London, but we’re staying over Alex’s relative’s house so we wont be having a hard time opening presents.” Flyzik chimed in.

“After London?”

“That’s when Paris kicked in. Last town for our Europe tour and we’re heading to Asia. Japan, Seoul, and South East Asia countries.” Flyzik put details.

“I will book the hotel for you all to stay in Paris. You know guys, I was never married nor do I have kids, Riley is the closest to daughter I have ever had, and right now, after spending times with you all. I have connections here and there, I can arrange something.” She winked and put on a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking such a long time to update this one, and am sorry if there's too much conversation in this... I've been busy with school and their horrifying exams :/

But enjoy reading this one! <3
-Amelia