‹ Prequel: Can't Stop Lovin' You
Status: Active

Where Have You Been?

#20

"No, of course not, buddy. Mommy's not mad at you. She's just tired, remember?" the tall lanky guy said as he took his son's lunch off the dining table.

"But nana said she was tired.. And she left us..." Shane said, almost whispering, as he looked down.

Jack's heart drop the moment he heard what his son was saying. He knew how Martha, Savannah's mother, meant to both of Shane and his mother. Martha was the one taking care of his family while he was living the fabulous life of a what so called rockstars. Shane hadn't look up for a bit ever since he mention the name so Jack decided to get on his knees and lift the boy's chin up.

"Look at me, buddy.." Jack whispered with a smile on his face. "Nana never left us. I know she can't hug you like this, but she never left.." He added as he embraced his son for a right hug.

"I'm just scared, daddy. I don't want to lose mommy. She's all I have and I don't want her to go.." Shane let out a mumble but was clear enough for Jack to hear.

His heart skipped a beat the moment his shirt was soaked in Shane's tears. He had never been this close toward his son and it wasn't right. Jack was mentally slapping his own face at the mention of Shane's fear, but managed to keep it together.

"Jack? Shane? Is everything okay boys?" savannah made her entrance to the kitchen, all dressed up.

"what the... Duck?!" Jack said, trying not to swear in front of the little boy. "what are you doing Van? I told you I'll take care of Shane today..." he added, sighing out loud just to make Savannah giggled.

"Look Jack, I know you're worried about me, but I thought why not save time by me tagging along early?" savannah laughed as she took Shane that made him smile and walked toward the car 

She looked stunning. The way she put her hair into a messy bun, the way her eyes light up at the mention of her son's name, or the way she just light up everyone's mood. Just five seconds ago, Jack saw his son breaking down at the fear of losing his mom and now here she was, making everything a lot much bearable. How could she do all of those? Jack barely had an idea.

As he got into the driver seat, he noticed how Savannah was struggling to get to the passenger seat from the back. Jack could only smile at the scenery, seeing how Shane's little fingers grabbed onto Savannah's as if he was holding for his life. 

"Stay at the back seat, baby. I'm good driving without any passenger next to me." Jack tried to joke as Shane looked up toward Savannah with one of those big puppy eyes.

"You are turning into daddy, you know that, buddy?" savannah chuckled as she climbed into the backseat, next to her son.

It has been a while since Shane had became this attached to her and of course it got her wonder what was up this time. As Jack drove and reach closer to Shane's school, Shane tighten his grip on Savannah's hand as he moved closer and hugged her like there was no tomorrow.

"honey, is there anything you'd like to tell me?" Savannah whispered through Shane's ear as the little boy shook his head.

Jack was now entering the school's parking lot when Shane shed a tear and pressed his face on Savannah's side arm. She embraced her little boy's body as she looked at Jack. They were both clueless as Jack drove away from the school.

"Did someone make fun of you at school?" Jack said firmly as he pulled the car.

Again, Shane shook his head.

"Then why are you like this?" Savannah asked softly, rubbing Shane's back in a soothing manner.

"I.." Shane started. "I don't want to be away from you. I don't want you to leave me like nana did." he let out another obvious mumble.

Savannah lit a smile as she pulled Shane closer and put him on her lap. Let the little boy had her in his tiny hands as she decided to just take Shane to the doctor appointment jack had previously booked. Jack wasn't complaining though. He liked the way he get to spend time with his family. So he drove to the hospital with a huge grin on his face as he turned on the radio only to hear blink 182's all the small things.

*****

"Savannah, I'd like to just congratulate you! Both of you, actually. Jack and you are expecting another baby.." the doctor said.

Jack was grinning from ear to ear as he pulled his son closer to his chest. Shane was still unaware of the whole expecting baby thing so Jack broke to him that he was expecting a new sibling. At the mention of this, Shane's excitement filled the room and so was Jack's. They were happy that was until Jack looked down to Savannah who just buried her face in between her hands.

"Van.." Jack called out on his girl. "Thanks doc. Is there any vitamins she need to take?" he added as the doctor handed Jack the prescription.

As soon as they were out of the doctor's room, Jack and Shane gave their favorite girl the biggest and warmest hug. But Savannah was still not smiling and it got Shane worried. He looked up to see the same worry face. So jack let savannah had her moment as he took some prenatal vitamins the doctor prescribed him earlier and they went straight home.

Savannah was quiet the whole ride home. And Shane was just sitting nicely beside his mother. Their hands intertwined as Shane just rubbed Van's belly a couple of time and giggle to himself. Imagining the soon to be sibling inside there.

As they reached Savannah's place, Jack told Shane to get to his room as he ran after Savannah to her room. The door was locked and Jack had savannah in between his hands, pinned to the wall. It wasn't that nice, but he did it gently. 

He looked at Savannah's eyes as she started sobbing. Savannah felt her knees weakened as she felt Jack's hand hold her body before lifting her back to her bed. Jack was worried sick and Savannah was still not talking, but at least she held onto Jack's side as she was holding on for her life. It was a tight grip but Jack wouldn't ask her to let go. He let her hold him as tight as she wanted to.

"why aren't you ecstatic about our upcoming baby?" Jack said barely whispering.

"This isn't supposed to happen, Jack. I don't know why it's happening.." savannah let out a mumble.

"Van.." Jack lifted Savannah's chin up as he gently pressed his lip against hers. The moment she kissed back, Jack knew what he had to do. "Is it because we're not married? Is that what you want? Are you mad at me for getting you pregnant again before we vow to each other?" jack said, parting their lips as he got a nod from Savannah. 

Jack lit up a smile as he kissed Savannah's temple and slid down to the bed, cuddling the girl of his dream close to him. He loved how her breath was touching his body. It was one of those miracles, he believed.

"Alex and I talked about the perfect wedding. I was going to tell you about it. But we all thought you were sick so we didn't bother.. But you weren't! You were just pregnant. Man it feels so good to say it. You're pregnant. You're having my baby!" Jack repeated himself.

"Are.. Are you..?" Savannah looked up to get a nod from Jack.

"Now I don't want you to worry about anything. I'm going to vow myself to you. And I already have my best men. Why don't you pick your bridesmaids?" jack chuckled. "But I might have known who they are. Which is why I'm asking Tara to come over." 

"But Jack.." savannah wanted to say another word but she was cut off by Jack's tender kiss. It was so gentle and loving as she felt hands rubbing her tummy.

"No but. We'll get this one right. He's going to be born as Barakat because you're changing your name into Barakat next month. So is Shane." Jack grinned.

*****

It was a beautiful wedding. It wasn't grand but it was not definitely small. It was perfect. Just the way savannah wanted it to happen. Jack wouldn't stop reminding her to sit down and get her away from some champagne his band mates brought in to light up the party and she thought jack was cute being so protective of her.

"Just let me throw the bouquet for you, Van.." jack whined as Savannah shook her head firmly.

"It's something brides do. Why don't you get your chocolate and throw it to the boys? They love chocolate.." Savannah stuck her tongue out as she carefully got on the stage and throw the bouquet only to see her best friend caught it.

Jack told savannah to come down immediately so he didn't have to worry about her falling down or anything. The moment savannah stepped on the same ground jack was, he pulled her into one of his famous hug.

"Hustlers think our baby number two will look cute. But I think it will be perfect. Well not that Shane isn't. He is! And this is just great!" jack said in a sweet tone. 

As then, Savannah realized Alex was already on the stage. It was more like the whole band but Jack himself.

"This is your wedding so we're replacing you with Danny, but can we just play you both some real cute song?" Alex said as the intro of Dear Maria played.

Alex could notice the newly wedded couple rolled their eyes in sync so instead of carrying with the song, they started playing Savannah's favorite song of their own band, Vegas. Savannah wanted to dance with everyone but Jack gave her the glare so she just pulled herself closer to the man of her dream.

"Well, we're going to be one of those cover bands for our best friend's wedding and apparently Jack had made us the setlist. All from Forever the sickest kids, hello goodbye, panic at the disco, dammit Van. You're lucky we're good. But really though. Here's to eternity for you both. It's been a pleasure knowing how far you both have gone and how hard was it. But I'm glad we all made it through with both of you. This toss is for Shane's little sibling!" Alex tossed his glass that consist of some apple juice Jack had forced him to drink.

It was beautiful. And savannah knew nothing could take them away from her. Of course it's not going to be easy, but she won't run again. Knowing and seeing how Jack is, she's sure she wouldn't be able to leave the man's sight. She was just glad she finally found a place she belong. A place where she and her son are loved unconditionally.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well.. It's the end of the story! I'm sorry if it's not as expected because I really just suck at writing endings :(
But I do hope you enjoy this though..

Thanks for reading the entire story and made me the happiest person ever! Mucho loves!

-Amelia